.98 Bugs

These are old bug reports that have been closed.
Yugi
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

I've also found it to be normal before you need to save it, too.
kaypy
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

The "npcs dont use missiles on lesser opponents" feature seems to get out of hand sometimes: at Charon I had the fleet of drakes circling the station trying to do the job with lasers alone.

Also, sometimes the AI seems a little single minded: I was able to do get most of the way through a salvagers armour while it ambled across the system, looted a corpse, and only then deigned to fight back.
bimbel
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Game just shocked me -.-

Had variuos items (some illegal some military) which I stored in an Cargo crate on top of a planet to go do some looting (no black market near and I needed place in my hold ;))

So later I come back and I find the planet empty

First I thought "hm? You flew to the wrong planet" but then I saw that it was the only red planet in this system and I started to panic

After five minutes of searching for a salvager I hit F to see friendly ships and what do I see? 'Abandoned Cargo Crate Range 140'

I fly to it and it points directly to the planet...I hit d and there it was... UNDERNEATH the planet! CRUEL

Long story short: There is a bug in the layering of objects (at least I think so)
dvlenk6
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Yeah, there is a bug in the image stacking.
Sometimes the order gets mixed up and images get buried under other ones. This has been around for a while now.
"War is hell."
-William Tecumseh Sherman
http://dvlenk6.blackraven3d.com/transgals.html
goat not sheep
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

I think i found a bug.... didn't confirm it though, someone should try.

ANyways... where that screen appears and some random ship is fighting some other random ship, i held down the 'n' button. The game crashed.
>.<
Yugi
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

goat not sheep wrote:I think i found a bug.... didn't confirm it though, someone should try.

ANyways... where that screen appears and some random ship is fighting some other random ship, i held down the 'n' button. The game crashed.
I just tried it, it worked fine for me.

How many times have you tested this?
bimbel
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

goat not sheep wrote:I think i found a bug.... didn't confirm it though, someone should try.

Confirmed! Had this twice aswell (also in former versions)

It happens when you skip a large amount of ships with n!

But I don't know why it crashes! Also no Debug is given back!
Sponge
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

Not happening for me. I held it for about 10 seconds and nothing.
Yugi
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

You mean it didn't crash or nothing happened at all?
hex
Miner
Miner

I think I found a typo; when you deliver supplies to a commonwealth station (in the CSC mission) this:
The dockmaster meets you as you dock: "Thank you for bringing these supplies Bob; our situations is desperate." is printed, it probably ought to be: "our situation is desperate".

Also the new ship AI means that point Juno is surrounded by hordes of Fleet and Ares ships that just sit there doing very little (I'm afraid it's not at all clear on the tiny picture).

On a related note as well as starting when you refuse the Point Juno battle now also seems to start if you attempt to speak to the General but are halted by the security guards, although this is realistic its also annoying, I never seem to be able to get to a high enough rank until after Point Juno :(.

Edit: Also the messages ("Return to base", "Mission accomplished" etc...) still appear at the bottom of the screen even if you didn't take part in the mission.

Edit2: Not even remotely on topic any more, but when Point Juno is destroyed (which it often is if you just leave the Ares to it.) it would be good if it had something else other than just the basic loot jettison undock screen (especially as there isn't anything to loot :)), something like the Korolov 'Avenge us..' screen would be good.

Oh and 0.98 (and transcendence in general) is great! :D:D:D

PS: I also got the Korolov bug. :(
Last edited by hex on Tue May 29, 2007 10:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hmm...
FAD
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Yugimotomanager wrote:10) This is a possible bug - Mining is very slow.
Using both the Mining Laser and Plasma Torch, I get about one "block" of ore out of about every hundred shots. This is horribly slow. Either this is a bug or just bad design...

Edit: I've further tested this, and sometimes I get six or seven blocks of ore for every hundred and sometimes I get none.
Relating to this... Not sure if it's a bug or a perk, but I've been able to gather ores from rocks without having any mine laser/plasma canon installed, but did have them as loot in the hold.
Can anyone confirm this?
Yugi
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

hex wrote:I never seem to be able to get to a high enough rank until after Point Juno :(
Then just skip through Point Juno without docking and come back later when you hve a high enough rank ;)
Burzmali
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

I believe I can confirm that the Korolov station in Charon is not bugged, but the Drake missileships are. As someone pointed out, the Drakes won't use their missiles on the station, so the station won't get destroyed. I still got the "We're in trouble. save us" and "HQ is destroyed, no missions available" messages.
Sponge
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

I got the no missions message, but was never asked to save the station, and was therefore not rewarded for saving it. Something is wrong with it, as there have been several people reporting hte problem.