Fleeing gladiator opponents

These are old bug reports that have been closed.
Prophet
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

As I am usually sitting comfortably in my freighter I detest having to run after sapphires and wolfens in the arena so I usually will pass over them in favour of fighting a manticore or even another freighter.
Occasionally, I have only a choice of wolfens or sapphires, such was the case today.
A particularly fiesty wolfen, and when I managed to bring my +fast lancer to bear on him his shields fropped quite fast. He started to run and hit the arena barrier, knowing he was trapped he boosted his engines and managed to squirm through a slightly weakened portion of the barrier.
When I saw he was stuck, I switched to my mark 3, lined up the shot... and scored a direct hit, bringing his armor damage to around 87% and pushing him through the barrier.
I spent the next 10 minutes trying to push myself through, wiggling and firing but to no avail.
Luckily I still had him targeted and killed him with a console script, more to free myself from the arena than anything.

I suppose my suggestion has two parts:
1. Change the gladiators so they don't try to run on shield down.
2. A beefier barrier. Maybe something solid like a castle wall with crenellations or something.
Coming soon: The Syrtian War adventure mod!
A Turret defense genre mod exploring the worst era in Earth's history.
Can you defend the Earth from the Syrtian invaders?
Stay tuned for updates!