Ship devices remaining unknown

These are old bug reports that have been closed.
goat not sheep
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

I installed these starship devices, but even after they are installed, they remain "aurous ship devices" or something.

If i have a laser collimator (as an example), do i have to fire a laser to find out that is a laser collimator?

only the jumpdrive so far resolves to become "transspace jumpdrive".
>.<
Curudan
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

goat not sheep wrote:I installed these starship devices, but even after they are installed, they remain "aurous ship devices" or something.

If i have a laser collimator (as an example), do i have to fire a laser to find out that is a laser collimator?

only the jumpdrive so far resolves to become "transspace jumpdrive".
Yeah, at the moment, installed devices need to affect your ship or equipment in some way before they become identified. I don't think you actually have to fire the weapons, though. They just need to be installed.
goat not sheep
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

it doesn't work for me...o___o

i have a level II device (which i'm betting is a laser collimator or kinetic accelerator) but it won't show as such. ><
>.<
Curudan
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

goat not sheep wrote:it doesn't work for me...o___o

i have a level II device (which i'm betting is a laser collimator or kinetic accelerator) but it won't show as such. ><
If you have both a kinetic and laser weapon installed, and you are using RC3, the the unknown device is neither a laser collimator nor a cannon accelerator.

All unknown enhancers will always show up as either level two, five, or eight, but the identified devices will not always be those levels. So the level on the unknown enhancer doesn't really mean much. The only real way to to be sure is to compare weights; weight stays constant between known and unknown variants.