RC6 - Arco Vaughn = "unknown hostile"?

These are old bug reports that have been closed.
SparcMan
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

First time I've seen this. Just accepted the Arco mission in the Erdani system and this is how Arco showed up. Note this is the first runthrough on this release that I get a targeting ROM before getting the Arco mission.
Another note. When I got close, I realized the crosshair on the system map was moving around - so my target was Arco's actual ship and not his base. Sure enough, when I got closer, "Unknown hostile" turned into Arco's ship. Not sure if that's supposed to happen or not.
Song
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Yeah, you always get that. You get in in RC6 as wel when you target something further away than the LRS shows.
Mischievous local moderator. She/Her pronouns.
SparcMan
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Normally when I get that mission, the container habitat is targeted for me instead of his ship and I don't get "unknown hostile".
Prophet
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

If you have the targeting rom installed the raisu mission will target Arco vaughn's ship, if you don't have the targeting rom it targets his habitat.
Also, if you have a launcher you get stinger missiles but if you don't have a launcher you get a DM1500 pod.

Ideally, if you have the targeting rom, arco should be marked as known when the target is set because the mission giver tells you explicitly who you are supposed to kill.
Coming soon: The Syrtian War adventure mod!
A Turret defense genre mod exploring the worst era in Earth's history.
Can you defend the Earth from the Syrtian invaders?
Stay tuned for updates!
SparcMan
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Ok. So not a "bug" exactly, but more of an oddity.
PKodon
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant
Location: "Minocs. I've got a baaad feeling about this.... This is no cave!"

I wrote up a ticket on this soon after rc6 came out. If you notice, the other missions (mining, Centauri Warlord Camp, Charon Pirates) show the station (with any docked ships), seemingly regardless of how far away the target is from the originating station.

As for whether George counts it as a bug, only time will tell.

PK
"Don't ask ..., I don't wanna know, and I don't wanna care!" - PK
Meet us on IRC --> Image
"... the hornet battlepod is the closest we have ingame to flying into battle in a wheelbarrow
with a bathtub nailed upside down to the top of it to provide armor."
- The Shrike