[Closed] Sell items bug

These are old bug reports that have been closed.
trouver
Anarchist
Anarchist

Hi!

At the start of a 1.04 game in the Eridani system, I killed some Centauri ships and loot a Centauri Recoilless and a damaged Centauri Recoilless. Then I head to an Armor Dealer station and the Sell Items option is active. But I select it and there's nothing there to sell. It seems that it is trying to sell the weapons, since I feel like there are two (invisible) items to be sold. I don't exactly remember the steps, but once dealt with these two phantom items, the Sell Items option appeared disabled in the main screen. I still got my pair of Centauri Recoilless in my cargo and my cash stayed the same.
Hatsuya Kanzaki
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant
Location: leading an armada of Realians driving sword-shaped gunships and WearGears

^ in armor shops, you'll only sell armor, whether broken or not.

Weapons are mostly sold in weapon shops, or in general merchandise (like the Commonwealth stations).
trouver
Anarchist
Anarchist

Yeah, and armor shops also buy/sell deflector shields, I know.

The potential bug I'm trying to point out is having the Sell Item option enabled when there is nothing to sell to the Armor Dealer station. That should not happen. I realize I did not make myself clear before. Sorry about that!

Of course, once I select that option the list of items for sale is empty. But I still have the feeling that the game is handling two items, although they are invisible to the player (and cannot be sold). And the only ones I had in my cargo hold at that time were, if I remember correctly, the two looted Centauri recoilless weapons. That's why I mention them in my description, just in case it can help in reproducing the problem.
alterecco
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

trouver wrote:But I still have the feeling that the game is handling two items
Interesting. I would agree that the "Sell" action should be grayed out if there is nothing to sell.

Why do you get the feeling it is trying to sell two items? Is it because you can move the cursor up/down in the list?
trouver
Anarchist
Anarchist

I tried another game, just to test it out. The Eridani system had an Armor Dealer Station. I didn't do anything else than head towards it and dock, and again the same thing happened.

In the empty list of items to sell the option "Sell this item" is enabled, and when clicking it the following message appears:

"No binding for symbol: gCost ### (gr gCost 0) ###".

Once I went out of this screen and came back, the "Sell this item" option appeared grayed out. I probably hit it twice the other time and that's why I got the impression the game was trying to buy the weapons I got in the cargo hold but hit some constraints on the way. Nevermind :D

From the beginning, the cargo hold only contains some helium3 fuel rods. After unocking and docking again the "Sell this item" option in the "Sell items" window is no longer enabled.

Hope this helps!
trouver
Anarchist
Anarchist

alterecco wrote:Interesting. I would agree that the "Sell" action should be grayed out if there is nothing to sell.
Now I understand that with this comment you mean the "Sell items" action in the main page just after docking. I was not referring to that, but perhaps you are right. It makes sense to have it grayed out when the station allows selling things but you don't have any compatible items to sell to it (armor or deflector shields in the case of an Armor Station).
Ttech
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

I recall I've never not seen that option available, but then again I'm usually traveling with a ton of cargo.
alterecco
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Strange that no one else have had this error. Are you playing with mods perhaps?
ThePrivateer
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

trouver wrote:I tried another game, just to test it out. The Eridani system had an Armor Dealer Station. I didn't do anything else than head towards it and dock, and again the same thing happened.

In the empty list of items to sell the option "Sell this item" is enabled, and when clicking it the following message appears:

"No binding for symbol: gCost ### (gr gCost 0) ###".

Once I went out of this screen and came back, the "Sell this item" option appeared grayed out. I probably hit it twice the other time and that's why I got the impression the game was trying to buy the weapons I got in the cargo hold but hit some constraints on the way. Nevermind :D

From the beginning, the cargo hold only contains some helium3 fuel rods. After unocking and docking again the "Sell this item" option in the "Sell items" window is no longer enabled.

Hope this helps!
Just tested this out of interest and I got it too!

I have never noticed this before; primarily, because when I dock with an armour station, I hit "sell items", and then when I see there is nothing in the list, I exit. But I only just noticed that 'sell this item' is enabled even though there are no items to sell. Upon pressing 'sell this item', I get: "No binding for symbol: gCost ### (gr gCost 0) ###".

No matter how many times I dock and undock, I get the same thing, it never gets disabled.

I do have quite a few mods installed, though.

I have noticed as well, one mod I have installed must be affecting the [F2] stats page, which duplicates every entry in the list. But I don't know which mod that is...
alterecco
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

OK, cool. That is definitely a reproducible bug. I just tried it in vanilla 1.04 and I get it in Armor and Weapon Dealers. I did not try it in any other stations where i had no inventory to sell. I will make a trac ticket on this, unless you have an account trouver?
trouver
Anarchist
Anarchist

Yes, vanilla 1.04 here too.
alterecco wrote:I will make a trac ticket on this, unless you have an account trouver?
I do, but have never gone to IRC to enable it. Feel free to make the trac ticket yourself, alterecco.
alterecco
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Ttech
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

trouver wrote:Yes, vanilla 1.04 here too.
alterecco wrote:I will make a trac ticket on this, unless you have an account trouver?
I do, but have never gone to IRC to enable it. Feel free to make the trac ticket yourself, alterecco.
Your missing out. :) We got links everywhere on the forums, wiki, etc. Though not entirely the point, you can activate your account by email, or post your username on the Bug Reports Thread for activating your account.
trouver
Anarchist
Anarchist

Your missing out. :) We got links everywhere on the forums, wiki, etc. Though not entirely the point, you can activate your account by email, or post your username on the Bug Reports Thread for activating your account.
Hey, thank you for your encouragement! I'll do what I can with my scarce free time.

I've seen your Bug Reporting - Guidelines / FAQ. I tried to remember my trac account password with no success. I tried the Reset Password option during the weekend, twice, but I never received any related e-mail (including checks to the spam folder).

By the way, I have taken a look at the web IRC. I'm currently connected and am very impressed! It makes things very easy to people like me that don't even have an IRC client installed! As soon as I have my account password issue sorted out, I'll try to enable it there.

Thanks again, Ttech.
ThePrivateer
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

trouver wrote:
By the way, I have taken a look at the web IRC. I'm currently connected and am very impressed! It makes things very easy to people like me that don't even have an IRC client installed! As soon as I have my account password issue sorted out, I'll try to enable it there.

Brother! :D

I thought I was the only one that used the webchat. I have a love-hate relationship with IRC, so I never got a client, but webchat is really convenient...Nice to know I'm not the only one using it...though it doesn't have all the functions a die-hard IRC person would want, it works fine for me.