[1.2b3] Balance issues?

These are old bug reports that have been closed.
Deltax
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

Not only should the damage of micronukes be reduced, but there weight should also be increased, they seem far too lightweight for how much damage they do super boosted or not.
FourFire wrote:A tundra can 1 hit a military freighter...
A single well placed micronuke could take out a scarab without the damage increase but chances of that happening were fairly low.
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

I tested the micronukes against the whole Sung fleet in Huaramarca. 20 to 50 micronukes from a normal Ares micronuke cannon were enough to wipe out the entire fleet before they could threaten the Huari. For fun, I tested micronukes fired by a cannon with +800% like that one omni weapon from succession #6. Each micronuke killed and shattered most ships effortlessly! Stations were likewise smashed effortlessly.

Micronukes with six times the previous damage is not just overpowered; it is crazy, over-the-top overpowered. More so with an enhanced weapon.
Download and Play in 1.9 beta 1...
Drake Technologies (Alpha): More hardware for combat in parts 1 and 2!
Star Castle Arcade: Play a classic arcade game adventure, with or without more features (like powerups)!
Playership Drones: Buy or restore exotic ships to command!

Other playable mods from 1.8 and 1.7, waiting to be updated...
Godmode v3 (WIP): Dev/cheat tool compatible with D&O parts 1 or 2.
sun1404
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

About the micronuke, I think I just killed the ICS with it not long ago. If I remember correctly, it was even easier than when I used two Fusionwave from Item912. And the Fusionwave was supposed to be a little overpowered level X weapon, while the micronuke is level VII.
Yes, look at my avatar, I have a wyvera type ship.
kay.py
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

My initial thought had been that enemies shouldn't have something so ludicrously overpowered. On further consideration, I am forced to conclude that, in actual fact, players shouldn't have something so ludicrously overpowered.

But, until it gets rebalanced, I'm off to gleefully nuke something.