[1.2b4] maxHPBonus and micronukes.

These are old bug reports that have been closed.
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Posts: 2489
Joined: Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:54 am

Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:29 am

MaxHPBonus does not prevent bonus from exceeding the limit if the device was unenhanced. For example, if a shield has maxHPBonus="0" but is unenhanced, any enhancer applies its full bonus. For example, Hiro's optimizer enhances such a shield by +50%.

MaxHPBonus also does not prevent excess bonus from exceeding the limit. For example, if a shield has maxHPBonus="25" and is currently enhanced by +20%, then after I use a longzhu sphere, the full +10% gets added to +20% for a total of +30%. Or I use a Hiro's optimizer, and the full +50% overrides the +20%. Either way, the bonus should be capped at +25%.

In short, maxHPBonus only prevents an item with a bonus greater than the limit from receiving more stacking bonuses. It does not stop a bigger bonus from overriding the current bonus, or an unenhanced item from receiving any bonus that is greater than the limit.

* * *

Micronuke damage from micronuke cannon (2d10) and Ares launcher (1d12) do not match.
Download and Play in 1.9 beta 1...
Drake Technologies (Alpha): More hardware for combat in parts 1 and 2!
Star Castle Arcade: Play a classic arcade game adventure, with or without more features (like powerups)!
Playership Drones: Buy or restore exotic ships to command!

Other playable mods from 1.8 and 1.7, waiting to be updated...
Godmode v3 (WIP): Dev/cheat tool compatible with D&O parts 1 or 2.

george moromisato
Posts: 2986
Joined: Thu Jul 24, 2003 9:53 pm

Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:55 am

Good catch on both of these. Thanks!