Two Bugs

These are old bug reports that have been closed.
Darth Saber
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

I have found two more bugs, or at least what I think are bugs:

1. While I was in the Quilin system, I purchased a new shield; the game crashed when I tried to install it. After reloading my saved game, I went to a Teraton station, and purchased an "unknown device" drive. Once again, the game crashed, and I was forced to reload. Then I noticed the problem: Transcendence had lost the ability to display the text which is usually shown on the right hand side of the screen. I have zipped a few screenshots to illustrate the problem, and the zip file can be downloaded here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cs7bwyvc9ozv4 ... nshots.zip

2. When installing a fresh version of Transcendence, there is no regular log in option. There is a "Register" option for new players, but there is no log in for established members. Case in point:

In order to try to diagnose problem #1 listed above, I unzipped Transcendence 1.2 to a new folder and ran the game. Once the game was up and running, I attempted to log in. Being a fresh installation, the game did not know me, so I attempted to "register" myself in. Transcendence informed me that there was already a member with my username, and since there is no option to allow me to log in the usual way, I am at an impasse.

Transcendence has attempted to download the "Corporate Command" several times, but each time that I run Transcendence, I am told that the CC database is invalid. To date, I have still not been able to play the "Corporate Command" extension.

On the same note, I still have not been allowed to use the Osaka, despite it being listed in my collection. Having visited the Transcendence forums, I found that another user has similar issues, which were suggested by some members, to have been caused by the user's Avast! Antivirus program. Currently, I am using Norton 360, and have configured Transcendence to be considered a safe program, and have given it unrestricted access through my firewalls. Thus the failure of Transcendence to properly download and acknowledge the CC extension is quite puzzling.

Anyone have any suggestions? :twisted:
Shaman
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

A few things come to my mind:

Your first problem sounds like corrupt data. I suggest downloading Transcendence again. Although it's unsual that in that case Transcendence would run at all..
Though I don't know anything about possible Avast! problems you could try to turn Norton off once to test it.
Have you tried deleting the CC files from the Collection folder?

Second: There is an " I already have an account" button directly above the terms of service in the register panel. Easy to overlook, happend to me the first time, too

It may sound stupid, but did you select the Osaka as a Mod? Listing it in your collection isn't enough.
Darth Saber
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

Your first problem sounds like corrupt data. I suggest downloading Transcendence again. Although it's unusual that in that case Transcendence would run at all..
Though I don't know anything about possible Avast! problems you could try to turn Norton off once to test it.
Have you tried deleting the CC files from the Collection folder?
The Transcendence 1.2 files have been tested, and found to be sound; which is odd since it will not recognize the "Corporate Command" and "Corporate Hierarchy" files. To me, this implies a problem with the CC files mentioned, although since George created those files, that thought seems an absurdity.

The Norton 360 test went well, and despite Transcendence being allowed unrestricted access through the firewalls, the problem persists.

I have performed the deletions which you mentioned, many times but the problem still persists.
There is an " I already have an account" button directly above the terms of service in the register panel. Easy to overlook, happened to me the first time, too
Thank you Shaman, I appreciate this; in my initial frustration, I must have missed the link. :twisted:
It may sound stupid, but did you select the Osaka as a Mod? Listing it in your collection isn't enough.
How do I select the Osaka as a mod? On the Multiverse website, I am told to run the Transcendence.exe, and that it will automatically download the Osaka. Well, I have done this multiple times, and I still cannot find it anywhere except where it is listed in my "Collections."

As far as selecting the Osaka or Corporate Command as an extension from the "New Game" menu, that is impossible since Transcendence does not list any extensions for the player to choose from, in the vanilla game. I recently updated a couple of my mod player ships, and some mod items to be compatible with 1.2, and I was able to select and use them, but no other extensions were available for selection. Since these problems occurred prior to my using any mods though, I can eliminate my mods as the cause of the problem.
Shaman
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

Yeah, selecting from the new game menu was what I meant.

I tried to recreate your situation. I got a fresh download, installed it, ran it and Transcendence got itself CC and the Osaka.
If I tried to start a new game while downloading CC it was already shown in the menu but with an error message. The Osaka was there, too

What does yor Debug.log says?

While CC is downloading, is there any special message in the lower left corner? There should be "downloading CorporateCommand.tdb" (or some other file) shown.

The only other thing I can imagine is some other software interfering. Try to turn off everything else.

Maybe someone with more experience can help with this case.
Darth Saber
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

I tried to recreate your situation. I got a fresh download, installed it, ran it and Transcendence got itself CC and the Osaka.
If I tried to start a new game while downloading CC it was already shown in the menu but with an error message. The Osaka was there, too

What does your Debug.log says?

While CC is downloading, is there any special message in the lower left corner? There should be "downloading CorporateCommand.tdb" (or some other file) shown.
Transcendence is initialized; the words are displayed: downloading Corporate Command.tdb; the message appears: "Invalid or corrupt resource database: Collections\CorporateCommand.tdb."

When I ran Transcendence a few minutes ago, some new things were added to my "Collection." The following are now being listed:

The Stars of the Pilgrim
Corporate Command
The Osaka
Corporate Hierarchy Volume 1
Legacy Resources Library API 15
The Osaka - Library

There are no selectable extensions though.
Shaman
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

Hm, my last guesses are problems by some software interefering and the unsual scenario in which your download got corrupted but still works, sorry.
sun1404
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

In order to use any extensions, official or not, you need to select it when starting a new game. It will be shown in the list appearing before choosing your ship. If the Osaka and CC don't show up, try logging out and logging in again. Not sure this will work, if it doesn't, try deleting the files in your Collection folder and let Trans redownload them. Keep in mind that this might, in the worst case, cause you to lost those extensions, though this is extremely unlikely.
Yes, look at my avatar, I have a wyvera type ship.
Darth Saber
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

Thank you Shaman and sun1404 for your advice and assistance; the problem has been resolved. By disabling the Norton 360 Auto-Protect mode, and re-downloading Transcendence, I am able to play all of the extensions. The trick was to insure that the Auto-Protect feature was disabled during the time that it took for Transcendence to download, install, and then to download all of the files it needed from the MultiVerse. Everything works fine now! :twisted: