a touch of wierdness with the Antarctica

These are old bug reports that have been closed.
kaypy
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

I kinda of did things a bit out of order and got the storyline a touch screwed up:

I saved the Antarctica before visiting the Terra. But since I hadnt allowed enough time for the Antarctica to finish meandering over to the gate, the Admiral completely ignored the way I had just atomised a bunch of Aquillas and offered me the mission...
Yugi
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

:P

Did you complete the mission as soon as it was accepted?
george moromisato
Developer
Developer

kaypy wrote:I saved the Antarctica before visiting the Terra.
Likely a bug. I need to add code to the Terra so that it handles this situation. Thanks!
kaypy
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

On the subject of the Antarctica, the reward for saving it seems disproportionately low for beating off a pack of Aquillas and giving up your chance at a Lamplighter...

It seems to getting towards a "you're not supposed to do this" rather than a judgement call...

Not quite as bad as saving the Charon Korolevs, but still high on the list of unprofitable game activities...

Now, if it opened up more storyline with this alternate Ares faction or something, *that* would be interesting...
Burzmali
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

kaypy wrote:On the subject of the Antarctica, the reward for saving it seems disproportionately low for beating off a pack of Aquillas and giving up your chance at a Lamplighter...
Do you understand the full power of the reward for saving the Antarctica? I'll give you a hint, nothing in the game can resist it.
kaypy
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

Do you understand the full power of the reward for saving the Antarctica? I'll give you a hint, nothing in the game can resist it.
Used preferably in conjunction with a timestop, it'll get you past pretty much any enemy, true. But since "nothing in the game" includes you, it tends to beat you up worse than any opponents...
Burzmali
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

Considering it allows a one-shot kill of ANY enemy in the game, oddly it seems worth it.
F50
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

ANY enemy in the game? Even the most advanced? If you fail or start to fail saving the antarctica can you change sides and get Lamplighter?

I've got to try that...
goat not sheep
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Does that "item" work on the iocrym? If my memory was correct...the iocrym is resistant to that type of "item".
>.<
Burzmali
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

goat not sheep wrote:Does that "item" work on the iocrym? If my memory was correct...the iocrym is resistant to that type of "item".
Not according to my XML.
Sponge
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

From what I can tell from the XML, the item isn't instakill, but would enable you to take down the Iocrym VERY easily if you had an EMP weapon/auton.
Burzmali
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

It removes the target's shields and destroys all of their armor (maybe not 1-4%, but I think that is unlikely). Even Ion and Thermo weapons can kill in a hit or two when it has armor that is that weak.
kaypy
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

It removes the target's shields and destroys all of their armor (maybe not 1-4%, but I think that is unlikely). Even Ion and Thermo weapons can kill in a hit or two when it has armor that is that weak.
Where "target" is everything in the immediate vicinity.

Including the player.

Thats why its called a Gem of *Sacrifice*
(name here)
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

It doesn't effect armor above level 12, namely Incryom plate(which is level 13).
Burzmali
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

Where "target" is everything in the immediate vicinity.

Including the player.

Thats why its called a Gem of *Sacrifice*
The Iocyrm's range is only about 1 screen length aside from the QSD. And with it's shields down and armor mauled, any EMP weapon will immediately disable it, and any modest damage weapon will kill it. Just keep an ICX installed and you'll be fine.
(name here) wrote:It doesn't effect armor above level 12, namely Incryom plate(which is level 13).
If you say so

Code: Select all

From stdArmor.xml

<ItemType UNID="&itIocrymPlate;"
			name=				"segment of Iocrym armor"
			level=				"12"