The Backroads — an alternate route

Planning, discussion, release and support of registered extensions, libraries, adventures and other content is here.
AssumedPseudonym
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

The Backroads has been updated.

Changes include the aforementioned re-renders, various assorted tweaks and adjustments, and probably most importantly a fix for the Zyrran station crash. Many thanks to relanat for figuring that one out. ^.^

Also I’ll probably have another update sometime later this week to deal with a number of station docking position and weapon placement issues. Bastion d’Etat and Haetenaro Centers are going to be particularly off since neither of them use the same graphic anymore. This won’t be a resource library update, fortunately, so the big download won’t have to happen again on the next update.

Mod prefixes: 0xA010 (registered) and 0xDCC8 (miscellaneous)

My mods on Xelerus: Click here!

Of all the things I’ve lost in life, I miss my mind the least. (I’m having a lot more fun without it!)
Latheos
Miner
Miner

I has a sad. You removed the Pariah, my favourite ship, in favor, apparently, of the Anathema, which really doesn't suit my playstyle at all.

:(

(Yes, I get that you have your reasons, as it is, after all, your mod, but I loved that ship.)
AssumedPseudonym
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Don’t worry, I’ll be adding it back in later as one you can buy at a ship broker.

Of all the things I’ve lost in life, I miss my mind the least. (I’m having a lot more fun without it!)
AssumedPseudonym
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

The Backroads has been updated again.

The good news is that stations now have proper docking port positions, weapon positions, and fire arcs (which will make a lot of enemy stations (or even friendly stations, if you’re going rogue) easier to deal with). The bad news is that I wound up having to update the resource library along the way. So yeah, the whole thing has to be downloaded again. Sorry, y’all.

Amteloletom
Miner
Miner

Is this expansion still unplayable? I don't find any link to play this expansion. :|
NMS
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Could I get access, too? I'm impressed with how far it's come based on George's stream.
AssumedPseudonym
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

If the two of you could send me a PM with your Multiverse account names, I can get you both added to the beta tester list.

Kourtious
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

I'd love to try it too. I'll PM you.
Kourtious
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Is there anyway to get the last system?

So far the game has been enjoyable. There appears to be a lot of lore to explore. I find the amount of enemy station spawns to be quite a lot.

I wish there more Commonwealth stations or Earth Industries in the region for me to trade with unless this is not supposed to be the case lorewise.

Also, I wish Avian Enterprises sold reactors. It is annoying not to be able to upgrade my reactor when I dock with them, especially sometimes they are the only friendly multipurpose station in the system.

Please make it easier to get into the black market. Finding identity chips were a huge pain.

Do you plan to make the faction interaction similar to Eternity Port (Near Stars) Expansion?
AssumedPseudonym
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Kourtious wrote:Is there anyway to get the last system?
 Which system do you mean?
Kourtious wrote:So far the game has been enjoyable. There appears to be a lot of lore to explore. I find the amount of enemy station spawns to be quite a lot.
 I may need to make friendly stations a bit more common. George has run into a couple of friendliless systems on his current Twitch run. In particular, Haetenaro is going to be a lot more common in the systems between Zyrran space and Ironground or Yatfwan space.
Kourtious wrote:I wish there more Commonwealth stations or Earth Industries in the region for me to trade with unless this is not supposed to be the case lorewise.
 Actually, there aren’t supposed to be Commonwealth or Corporate stations in TBR systems. This is lore related, as you expected. I do have a few corporations meant for TBR systems (particularly Haetenaro (who aren’t exactly a corporation but effectively function as one for most purposes here), Lambda, Avian Enterprises, and K3), and they may need to show up a bit more frequently from the sound of it.
Kourtious wrote:Also, I wish Avian Enterprises sold reactors. It is annoying not to be able to upgrade my reactor when I dock with them, especially sometimes they are the only friendly multipurpose station in the system.
 That particular problem should sort itself out once I get other friendly stations showing up more regularly.
Kourtious wrote:Please make it easier to get into the black market. Finding identity chips were a huge pain.
 That’s a known problem, yeah, and it’s on the agenda. It’ll eventually get tied into the start of a Haetenaro mission chain at some point, though the aforementioned increase in Haetenaro stations will at least make offloading illegals easier.
Kourtious wrote:Do you plan to make the faction interaction similar to Eternity Port (Near Stars) Expansion?
 I do have ideas for that sort of thing, yes. Some things of note that I’ll be implementing at some point:
» Haetenaro hates the Black Market, and will eventually turn hostile if your rank within the Sindikat gets too high. Ironground also hates the Sindikat, but will only turn neutral under those circumstances.
» Ironground and Yatfwan are at war, and there will be missions between the two involving that.
» Due to Ironground’s origins of having splintered from the Commonwealth Fleet (long story), Yatfwan hates the Fleet as well (and will turn hostile to the player if they rank highly enough).
» There’s some connection between AE and the Charon Pirate Cartel that I’ll be expanding on at some point, and I have no idea where that’s going as yet. (Also, even I occasionally get tripped up by taking out Charon stations I’m not quite able to handle the ships from, running to AE stations for protection, and being confused when AE doesn’ t help clean up the mess I made. <.< >.> <.<; )
 So yeah, there are interfactional ideas in the works that will be clearer once I get around to writing mission chains.

Kourtious
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

For the last system, I mean the Kourienne system.
AssumedPseudonym
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Kourienne is not currently get-into-able, no. I have a lot of work before it’s going to be playable. It’s going to be Beasts-related, with a major boss fight involved.

Kourtious
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Are there going to be faction related shipyards? I want to upgrade my ship beyond the base ones in the game.
AssumedPseudonym
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

The short answer is “yes”.

The somewhat longer answer is that there will be places to buy a new ship, but I’m not sure exactly where or how I’m going to implement that. There are a few obvious places — Lambda’s HQ in Lostreos Madthel, 531 Clockwise in Stannis, and the Canis Aster Shipwright Facility, all come to mind — but I’m not sure beyond that.

Kourtious
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

For the Beasts Gryphon, it seems that I am only limited to NAMI Missile Launcher because I cannot replace the launchers. Does this mean I can only use those missile launchers the entire game? Personally, the Gryphon is enjoyable. It is very overpowered mid-game once you start getting broadswords, then lucifers; but comes a very weak ship late game due to the inability to get more powerful launchers and thus missiles.