[New Mod] Auto-refuel

Post about your finished mods here.
Prophet
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Finally!

This mod will refuel your ship's reactor up to a level you determine with the fuel type you choose (with the normal restrictions)

Never again die because you forgot to refuel!

This mod overwrites dsManualRefuel and comes standard on all ships automatically. You must turn it on for it to function! You can also select what fuels it will use and when.

Download from Xelerus
Coming soon: The Syrtian War adventure mod!
A Turret defense genre mod exploring the worst era in Earth's history.
Can you defend the Earth from the Syrtian invaders?
Stay tuned for updates!
ThePrivateer
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Prophet wrote:Finally!

This mod will refuel your ship's reactor up to a level you determine with the fuel type you choose (with the normal restrictions)

Never again die because you forgot to refuel!

This mod overwrites dsManualRefuel and comes standard on all ships automatically. You must turn it on for it to function! You can also select what fuels it will use and when.

Download from Xelerus
Fantastic Prophet! *Thumbs up*

I particularly like the secondary/emergency fuel types...later game, that will help when you can use three or four types of fuel.

Good one! :D
Star Weaver
Militia Commander
Militia Commander
Location: . . . between the stars and the warm black sky . . .

I wish I could add this to my current game, which I started before you released it :).

I tend to just use a couple fuel items at a time until I can refill at a station (it's actually weird to try to use up fuel rods when I have a ton of them but less money, or they're going to become obsolete soon). So this will be perfect.

Also, I lost one of my first Beyond St. K's ships due to wandering into the kitchen for a while while not realizing the game wasn't paused. (And I'd done way too much in that system to want to rez :|)

I skimmed the code. I might patch in a line at the end to make it print "refuelled. you have N whatsits left", just 'cause I like text spam. 8-)
alterecco
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Star Weaver wrote:I wish I could add this to my current game, which I started before you released it :).
You should be able to just drop it in and use it. Since it mainly modifies a dockscreen it should just work.
Star Weaver
Militia Commander
Militia Commander
Location: . . . between the stars and the warm black sky . . .

alterecco wrote:You should be able to just drop it in and use it. Since it mainly modifies a dockscreen it should just work.
Hm, I did do just that, and it didn't work. I just tested that it does appear on a new character then does not if I reload the older game in the same session even.

I donwer if this has anything to do with the "do not attempt to load mods not used by the savegame" or something release note that drifted by lately.
Prophet
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Star Weaver wrote:Hm, I did do just that, and it didn't work. I just tested that it does appear on a new character then does not if I reload the older game in the same session even.
I believe you are correct. I started a new game with the mod disabled, saved and quit, enabled the mod, and it wasn't available.

So unfortunately, you will have to start a new game to use any mod that was not loaded when the current game was created.
Coming soon: The Syrtian War adventure mod!
A Turret defense genre mod exploring the worst era in Earth's history.
Can you defend the Earth from the Syrtian invaders?
Stay tuned for updates!
alterecco
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Ohh, right... i forgot... that was added to one of the recent releases... newly added mods are no longer loaded in a continued game.... sry for the noise! :)