NCC-1701E Sovereign Class Playership

Post about your finished mods here.
Darth Saber
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

Greetings Artalost, are you going to create a Klingon ship, or a Romulon Warbird for us, that would be nice to have....
schilcote
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

And maybe somebody can model my ships for me, right now all I have are sung slavers and sapphire yachts with my own code.
[schilcote] It doesn't have to be good, it just has to not be "wow is that the only thing you could think of" bad
Dalva
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Atarlost wrote: Why a Federation ship? They don't generally look good from above.
I like the combined shape of a "traditional" UFO (that saucer section) with a cool propulsion system like that. it's just cool. can you send me a link to a picture of romulan or klingon spacecraft?

i will upgrade my mod at the end of this week, adding shadow, remake phaser sound, fixing the shaky graphic and some other stuff

ps: actually i dont actually watch star trek serial movies, i just a fan of the Sovereign and federation technologies
Dalva
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

um..... :?

i think i will delay the update, i have no time that week. but i will truy to update it at the end of this week.
and maybe adding another addon: Playership Millenium Falcon 8)
Darth Saber
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

About that playership "Millenium Falcon..."

Are you aware that there are two M.F. playerships on Xelerus; not that yours will not be appreciated, but I thought that you might want to know, in case you wanted to spend your efforts on another project. :)
Dalva
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

ok then, i'll cancel that mod.:?

any suggestion on what spaceship i should make? :)
Darth Saber
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

Greetings, Dalva.

Could you make a Deathstar mod with the station being as big as the small, gray moon so freqently seen in the Transcendence universe? I have tried to develope one using Blender, but I am having trouble greeting the lighting right; then there is the problem of the surface texturing. I haven't mastered that yet. You have done well in your mods, mabey you could take a crack at it. :twisted:
schilcote
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Maybe you could make a ship like the main character in my stories has? You could do the modeling, and I'll do the coding.
[schilcote] It doesn't have to be good, it just has to not be "wow is that the only thing you could think of" bad
Dalva
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

schilcote wrote:Maybe you could make a ship like the main character in my stories has? You could do the modeling, and I'll do the coding.
What is it?

oh and for darth saber, the deathstar will be a ship or a station?
Darth Saber
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

The Deathstar was a space station the size of a small moon; or at least this is how George Lucas described it. However, this "space station" had hyperdrive, multiple targeting systems, multi-layered shielding, multiple tractor beams, and enough firepower to destroy planets; not to mention legions of tie fighters, bombers, and interceptors. Now my idea would be to create a "Deathstar" that would be like the CSC Carriers: A moblie ship / station, that could have all of these. As for spawning ships: if someone could create an "item" that would look like a ship in the item selector screen, yet when purchased would spawn a ship each time it was used / invoked, this would essentially solve the spawning ships problem. Add to eaach spawned ship the docking capabilities and upgrade potential of the UG Wingman mod from Xelerus, and you would end up with one of the most versitile crafts ever to terrify a galaxy.
"Don't be to proud of this technological terror you've constructed. The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant next to the power oof the force."Darth Vader - Ep. IV - Star Wars: A New Hope :twisted:
Psycholis
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

it's hard to get a sense of scale in the game, but i think the death star would be much much larger than any other ship in the game. it's the planets and stars that make it deceiving. the sense of scale is lost but only because scaling on entirely different orders of magnitude is really hard in-game. realistically, a planet would be about 30 ft in-game and a star would be about a quarter of a mile. :)
schilcote
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Dalva wrote:
schilcote wrote:Maybe you could make a ship like the main character in my stories has? You could do the modeling, and I'll do the coding.
What is it?
A green Chevy pickup. Duramax Diesel.
Darth Saber
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha....
Oh brother, schilcote, that was an answer that I would not have guessed in a million years! A green Chevy pickup! By the way, what is "Duramax?" I know somewhat about diesels as my father owns a Ford F150 4x drive extended cab, diesel fueled pickup circa 1995; but I have never heard of the term "Duramax."

On the by & by: schilcote, is it possible to copy a picture of a vehicle from a movie, say top view, edit it in Gimp, use EZ Image Rotator and Windows Paint, and create a set of workable image / mask for use in Transcendence?
schilcote
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duramax_V8_engine
It's just a type of engine I think.

As to the second question, I have no idea. I suppose it's possible.
Bobby
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

it is possible, though there will be no shadows or camera shift, and it doesn't yield the highest quality product.

also, ezimagerotator(at least the version i have) won't support 40 facings.

i would recommend using gimp to create the final image, use the guides(and snap to) to ensure a perfect alignment.