Mission Romver 1.1b *Update* Mar 15th

Post about your finished mods here.
Prophet
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

We're up to V1.1b now!

Download it here-> http://xelerus.de/index.php?s=mod&id=325

This mod now introduces a new item called "Dreamer Orb" and a new Wingman named Akira flying a souped up Molotok! Can you convince him to join you?

Hope you like it.

Fixed issue with Dreamer Orb items being reuseable
Akira is now upgradeable using Bobby's UGWingmen mod
Mystery Rom item is no longer tagged as Military or Illegal
Changed frequency to rare and only 1 shows up at a time.

I'm looking for ideas to tie into established plots with Korolov, Domina, and the Black Market if anyone has any suggestions.
Last edited by Prophet on Sun Mar 15, 2009 11:07 am, edited 2 times in total.
Coming soon: The Syrtian War adventure mod!
A Turret defense genre mod exploring the worst era in Earth's history.
Can you defend the Earth from the Syrtian invaders?
Stay tuned for updates!
Branden
Anarchist
Anarchist

Well I took a look at the code and it looks like it will be a fun mod to use.. my only suggestion is how about making it so if you are past lets say x star system the enemies guarding it are different ie... rouge fleet members.. not sure if such a thing is possiable however :/ cant wait to find one in game :D
Prophet
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Thx Branden,
I plan on making a second version (maybe a thannogram?) with more difficult enemies and better loot. I was planning on making more options in the current version first. (random effects like radiation, or dropping your shields when you dock :twisted: ) I'm still looking for feedback as to whether it's balanced or not and maybe some other things players would like to see/happen.
Stay tuned for updates!
alterecco
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Prophet wrote:other things players would like to see/happen.
Hi Prophet,

I like the idea a lot, think it makes a fun addition to the game.
(reminds me of being a treasure hunter in Ultima Online. Those were good days :D )

A couple of ideas I'd like.

When you arrive at the coordinates, there is nothing there!! The ship has actually drifted a bit, and the player must now search for it for a while. Not too far of course, or it becomes impossible. Maybe there are some traces of the wreck left.

When the player arrives there are no enemies. When he docks at the ship, suddenly they come rushing at him. The trap has been sprung. You could probably look at the container code for an example of this.

Let me know if you need any help with the scripting. I'd be glad to lend a hand ;)

.]
Prophet
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Those are great ideas,
When you arrive at the coordinates, there is nothing there!! The ship has actually drifted a bit, and the player must now search for it for a while.
I would love to implement this, can you show me how?
I'm using

Code: Select all

(ShpOrder gPlayerShip 'Dock gTarget)
Is it something more like

(ShpOrder gPlayerShip 'Goto (sysVectotPolarOffset gTarget 0-360 30-100))
[Can I put a range in for the angle and distance?]

When the player arrives there are no enemies. When he docks at the ship, suddenly they come rushing at him. The trap has been sprung. You could probably look at the container code for an example of this.
I started implementing this in the <OnInit>. Dropping shields, blinding or paralyze at random but decided I want to flesh out the dockscreen options inside. It turned out that I was being pummeled while navigating dockscreens! Is there a way to call this function when undocking? Do I have to place the function everywhere I have the <Exit/>? Would it be easier to leave it as-is and insert a time stop, like in the GOD mod?

How do I disable a Dockscreen action until a variable is set? Say the Cargo hold is locked so you can't loot until you unlock the cargo bay doors?

I should have started this in the DSFramework! Trying to have a conversation with an NPC in the Normal DS' is a pain...
Stay tuned for updates!
alterecco
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Prophet wrote:Is it something more like

(ShpOrder gPlayerShip 'Goto (sysVectotPolarOffset gTarget 0-360 30-100))
Ok. Unfortunately, you cannot set a target at a coordinate, without there being an object. Luckily, we have markers for this. Lookup (sysCreateMarker). It is kind of created for this situation (like the markers in the patrol missions, where they dissapear when you have discovered them. You can find the code for that around line 200 in CommonwealthMilitia.xml)

As for the ranges, that wont work. Just use (random 0 360) like you did in the other vector function
Prophet wrote:Is there a way to call this function when undocking?
Basically you have to abstract the <Exit> action away from the <Action>. The easiest way would be to write a small global function that calls (scrExitDock), and then call that function from the action that wants to exit.
Example:

(setq exitFunction (lambda Nil
  (spawnEvilEnemies)
  (scrExitDock gScreen)
))
...... *snip* ......
<Action name="Exit" key="X">
  (exitFunction)
</Action>
...... *snip* ......
(scrExitDock gScreen) is basically the same as <Exit/>, just called from script.
Prophet wrote:How do I disable a Dockscreen action until a variable is set?
The logic for this would typically go in a panes <Initialize> element. There you can check if the player does not fulfill the criteria for seeing the cargo hold, and then call (scrShowAction gScreen num bool). Num is the number of the action, counting from the top, starting from 0. Bool is either True or Nil, depending on if you want the action to show or not.
If you want to annoy the player you can use (scrEnableAction gScreen num Nil) and the action will be visible, but disabled. :twisted:
Prophet wrote:I should have started this in the DSFramework! Trying to have a conversation with an NPC in the Normal DS' is a pain...
Now that you feel the pain, it is time to come over to the dark script side!
(at least you know my motivation for building it)

Keep the questions coming if you have any :)

.]
Prophet
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Alright, ver1.1 is almost ready.

I am having difficulty with a little piece of code. In one mission the player is sent to a station (its supposed to be a disabled molotok) so I have the "station" set so the player can dock.
In the dockscreen the player converses with the Molotok pilot and at an <Action> I have this code set up:

(block (theShip)
          (setq theShip (sysCreateShip &scMolotokAkira; gSource &svPirates;))
          (shpOrderAttack theShip gPlayerShip)
          (sysDestroy gSource)
          (exitFunction)
)
Lemme essplain,
I want the Station to be destroyed (sysDestroy gSource) and in its place, create a new Molotok ship, order that new ship to attack the player, and finally, (exitFunction) is a custom <Exit/> that is defined in a global. (It works great!)
Am I trying to do too much in one function? calling them in the wrong order is something not defined properly? I think I've logged somewhere in the neighbourhood of 30-40 hours on this (1000+ lines and counting!) and my brain only functions in terms of scrSetDesc/scrShowPane blah blah.

anyways, Can someone help me out with this?
With this figured out I should have the mod ready for more testing within 20 mins. Seriously. :?
thx in advance.
Stay tuned for updates!
Prophet
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Thanks 12Ghost12!
That was it. :oops:
<----(Stupid)

I've re-uploaded to Xelerus now so try it out and lemme know what you think.

Alot of the code is written poorly but it all works! hopefully with no bugs.

It's still not a Final version as I would like to fill out some more of the Storytelling in the station dockscreens so if you have any ideas, lemme know.

There's a new item called a "Dreamer Orb" and a new wingman. Akira flys a Molotok with a Neutron Cannon and an Ion Cannon! Can you convince him to join you?
Stay tuned for updates!
appleseed
Miner
Miner

Hi prophet , sounds very interesting a new wingman. I am going to start a new journey after downloading this mod ,I have just one questen is Akira upgradeble?
Prophet
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Akira was not designed to be upgradeable but I assume if you have bobby's UGWingmen mod it is possible. Akira is set up the same as the other wingmen so he will behave just like them.
Stay tuned for updates!
appleseed
Miner
Miner

Hi Prophet, after playing the game with "mistry rom mod" last night I have come to an idea it is like this:
Dreamer: Welcome traveler I had dream of your.............
Domaina has another intention for you ,to make pilgrim journey more safe Domaina want you to make her monastry after etaciti system.Are you agree to fulfill Domaina's wish ?

Traveler: It is treamendous mission am I capable of doing this ?

Dreamer:Domaina choose you for this, then certainly she know you are the right person for this job .
from nearby system sisters(E17000 class freighter), a supply ship(super freighter) and six gurdian (ronin c class gunship )will join you, you have to lead them etaciti and later system where they will construct sister of Daomina also ferian miners will help you to do this .

Traveler:thinking...

Dreamer:Don't wory Domaina's power will be allawys with you to protect you and your wingmen

Traveler:Ok, if Domaina want me to do this I will certainly fulfill her wish.

The E17000 freighter and Super freigher will not have any weapon but they can invoke power of Domaina as long as they want,and Ronin c class gunship with tev9blaster and mxlucifer missile are nearly undestructeble their job is only protect sisters and supplyship.They will take only wait order and dock with target order.

After etaciti system it will show that Sister of Domaina underconstruction and ferian miners working at construction sister's ship and supply ship is docked at it and gurdian ship surrounding the construction,after meting the sister they thank player for his contribution andl give sotne that can invoke power of Domaina for longer period and can cure rediation damage(when using this stone every friendly ship range:30 will be protected by Domaina). :)
schilcote
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

[MODERATED]
Reason: socially unaccepted content.
[schilcote] It doesn't have to be good, it just has to not be "wow is that the only thing you could think of" bad
appleseed
Miner
Miner

Hi Prophet,
I think Akira is not upgradable with ugw.
Dalva
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

schilcote wrote:[MODERATED]
what you mean? [MODERATED]