[NEW MOD] 4 new mods, incl. Playable Pteravore & Ares

Post about your finished mods here.
TheLastBrunnenG
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

Uploaded four new mods to Xelerus, all working under 1.0RC5:

New Shields - 6 new shields. Heavier/lighter versions of existing shields.
http://xelerus.de/index.php?s=mod&id=671

New Armors - 19 new armors. A few new ones, rest are heavier/lighter versions of existing armors.
http://xelerus.de/index.php?s=mod&id=670

Playable Ares
- play as a member of the Ares Orthodoxy
- Ares stations are dockable and act as vendors
- start in a system halfway through the game
- all Ares ships available as your starting vessel
- very few allies: just Ares, traders, Black Market, a few others
http://xelerus.de/index.php?s=mod&id=672
(uploaded to Developer's Vault. It's playable but definitely a "challenge" game - will wait for others' playtests to see if it flies.)

Playable Pteravore - See below.
http://xelerus.de/index.php?s=mod&id=669

This mod allows you to play as a Pteravore. Start at a previously-hidden Pteravore Lair in Eridani. Can you make it back to your brothers in the Heretic system and spread your alien hunger to new worlds?

- Includes custom dockscreens and other graphics.
- Custom "ship" graphic (Iocrym Manipulator, shrunken & recolored).
- Ship can be upgraded normally; comes with a built-in Pteravore Launcher.
- Pteravore Lairs can be docked with and will refuel you for free.
- Pteravores will not attack you unless fired on first; even then, you're pteravore-resistant.

There's a ton I want to do to this mod, most of which I lack the scripting skill or patience for: a real custom ship graphic, a trade-in system (like Dvalin) that rewards exotic ores with unique weapons and equipment, missions, more interesting NPC responses and soverign relations, etc. Until then, it's at least functional and playable.

[EDIT]: Re-uploaded Playable Pteravore at 7 downloads. You should be starting in Eridani, not Heretic. Fixed.
Vaiyo A-O
A Home Va Ya Ray
Vaiyo A-Rah
Jerhume Brunnen G
ImageImage
Darth Saber
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

I love your idea of the "Playable Pteravore." I had a lot of trouble destroying their nests in RCs 1-4. You have done well, TheLastBrunnenG!
TheLastBrunnenG
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

Thanks! Re-uploaded with a serious fix at 33 downloads... I uploaded an old version last time, sorry! Starting location for the playership should be "StartP", not "Start" or "Inbound".
Vaiyo A-O
A Home Va Ya Ray
Vaiyo A-Rah
Jerhume Brunnen G
ImageImage
alterecco
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

I really like the ideas of those mods. I hope I will have time to play them. Particularly the Ares mod is tempting me, as it might provide a late game view (I play too little, and script too much).

If there is a chance you would find it interesting, how about making a mid-game mod. One that starts you off in St.K's or something, with a random starting equipment and some korolov missions fulfilled or such. It would make a great mod for someone like me who plays little to get a peek at the mid/late game (without just fueling up a godship and jumping in). Anyhow, just a suggestion :)
Psycholis
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

ares mod is HARD. even with the godly phobos mega-freighter, it's rough trying to find the gate to the nearest ares base and it burns through fuel like crazy. all those plates of armor are really useful though. :)
Darth Saber
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

"The Ares mod is HARD..." Oh yeah, that is putting it mildly. The game starts beautifully, showing my ship comming out of the stargate. Then I am straitway attacked by stations and their docked ships. This part is fun, and I spread a little Phobos fear throughout the system, destroying and looting both ships and stations. Then I find out that there is just retribution in the galaxy, as I begin to be attacked by a fleet of Corporate Cruisers....

I find one thing of particular interest though: the Ares are supposed to be allied with Oracus; so why is it that the Penitents want to annihilate me, when they should welcome my presence?
Aury
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Location: Somewhere in the Frontier on a Hycrotan station, working on new ships.

No, the syrtians are aligned with domina, or at least say they are, and apparently the war on the CW is out of that.
(shpOrder gPlayership 'barrelRoll)
(plySetGenome gPlayer (list 'Varalyn 'nonBinary))
Homelab Servers: Xeon Silver 4110, 16GB | Via Quadcore C4650, 16GB | Athlon 200GE, 8GB | i7 7800X, 32GB | Threadripper 1950X, 32GB | Atom x5 8350, 4GB | Opteron 8174, 16GB | Xeon E5 2620 v3, 8GB | 2x Xeon Silver 4116, 96GB, 2x 1080ti | i7 8700, 32GB, 6500XT
Workstations & Render machines: Threadripper 3990X, 128GB, 6900XT | Threadripper 2990WX, 32GB, 1080ti | Xeon Platinum 8173M, 48GB, 1070ti | R9 3900X, 16GB, Vega64 | 2x E5 2430L v2, 24GB, 970 | R7 3700X, 32GB, A6000
Gaming Systems: R9 5950X, 32GB, 6700XT
Office Systems: Xeon 5318Y, 256GB, A4000
Misc Systems: R5 3500U, 20GB | R5 2400G, 16GB | i5 7640X, 16GB, Vega56 | E5 2620, 8GB, R5 260 | P4 1.8ghz, 0.75GB, Voodoo 5 5500 | Athlon 64 x2 4400+, 1.5GB, FX 5800 Ultra | Pentium D 3.2ghz, 4GB, 7600gt | Celeron g460, 8GB, 730gt | 2x Athlon FX 74, 8GB, 8800gts 512 | FX 9590, 16GB, R9 295x2 | E350, 8GB | Phenom X4 2.6ghz, 16GB, 8800gt | random core2 duo/atom/i5/i7 laptops
Darth Saber
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

Comments on the playable Pteravore:

1. Needs organic armor (organic armors regenerate). The Pteravore is an orgamism, and as such is probably not made out of plasteel.

2. Pterevore lairs need more options other than just refueling.

3. The overlay for the ship item picker and cockpit is great, but there is a problem: the same screen is used for every playership ship in Transcendence. I sinceely doubt that the insides of a Phobos Dreadnaught look like a mass of octupus tentacles colored over with a purple filter, with parts of it having been manipulated with what looks like a swirl effect common to photo manipulation software applications.

Is there a way to have the ship's interior screen (mentioned above) be just for the Pteravore?
Darth Saber
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

TheLastBrunnenG:

I have discovered a problem within the pteravore mod: the "Transcendence.xml" may be a necessary part of the mod, but it causes every playership to be an enemy of the Commonwealth directly from the beginning of the game. I have tried to remedy this using the sovereign functions, but to no avail. Could you please make the playerships CW friendly and still make the pteravore retain its sovereignty?
Corporal Jomn
Miner
Miner

Possibly make a different sovereign for the player?
-If you can't say anything nice about someone, don't blow your nose into your hand.
TheLastBrunnenG
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

I fixed this in the latest upload. The transcendence.xml file is no longer used for Playable Pteravore, and the stock playerships are disabled at the ship selection screen.
Vaiyo A-O
A Home Va Ya Ray
Vaiyo A-Rah
Jerhume Brunnen G
ImageImage
TheLastBrunnenG
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

1. Needs organic armor (organic armors regenerate). The Pteravore is an orgamism, and as such is probably not made out of plasteel.

- Agreed. I used Plasteel because that's what George assigned to the Pteravore Lair. Organic armor is next.

2. Pterevore lairs need more options other than just refueling.

- Agreed. I want to make a Pteracnium exchange, sort of like Rasiermesser Factory has for Dvalin - bring stuff, get unique items in trade.

3. The overlay for the ship item picker and cockpit is great, but there is a problem: the same screen is used for every playership ship in Transcendence. I sinceely doubt that the insides of a Phobos Dreadnaught look like a mass of octupus tentacles colored over with a purple filter, with parts of it having been manipulated with what looks like a swirl effect common to photo manipulation software applications.

- fixed in the latest upload. Standard palyerships are disabled at the ship selection screen now.
Vaiyo A-O
A Home Va Ya Ray
Vaiyo A-Rah
Jerhume Brunnen G
ImageImage
TheLastBrunnenG
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

alterecco wrote:If there is a chance you would find it interesting, how about making a mid-game mod. One that starts you off in St.K's or something, with a random starting equipment and some korolov missions fulfilled or such. It would make a great mod for someone like me who plays little to get a peek at the mid/late game (without just fueling up a godship and jumping in). Anyhow, just a suggestion :)
Done!

Advanced Start mod: http://xelerus.de/index.php?s=mod&id=684
Vaiyo A-O
A Home Va Ya Ray
Vaiyo A-Rah
Jerhume Brunnen G
ImageImage
Darth Saber
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

Thanks, TheLastBrunnenG; the updates are very appreciated. :twisted: