PM's mods

Post about your finished mods here.
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

All mods listed at the first post have been updated to 1.07a!
The UNIDs of all of my mods have changed. As a consequence, all of my mods should be downloaded again and reinstalled; and old versions removed before installing the updated mods to avoid conflicts. Most of my mods have minor changes due to the update to 1.07a; but some, namely Items Pack 912 v3, Playership Drones v4, and Rainbow Weapons have changed much since their last release.

Casualties that were deleted and why:
Automatic Weapons: Somewhat overpowered, and unnecessary now that secondary weapons are supported in Playership Drones v4.
Deflector Armor: Imported to Items Pack 912 v3, then modified.
Homing Laser Cannon: Imported to Items Pack 912 v3 as an optional file.
Quantum Cyberdeck: Already featured in Items Pack 912 v3.
Security Crates: Conflicts with Quick Loot, and its purpose (storing loot safely) is redundant.
Weapons Pack 912: Items were imported to Items Pack 912 v3. The rest were reuploaded as Reload Pack 912.
Download and Play in 1.9 beta 1...
Drake Technologies (Alpha): More hardware for combat in parts 1 and 2!
Star Castle Arcade: Play a classic arcade game adventure, with or without more features (like powerups)!
Playership Drones: Buy or restore exotic ships to command!

Other playable mods from 1.8 and 1.7, waiting to be updated...
Godmode v3 (WIP): Dev/cheat tool compatible with D&O parts 1 or 2.
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Updated Relief Pack 912 to include another new mod, Invoke All Patch Spiders. Credit to Atarlost for posting the idea in the topic What do YOU want in 1.08?
Star Castle Arcade: Play a classic arcade game adventure, with or without more features (like powerups)!

Atarlost
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

How did you get it to work? I ran into a weird bug with something in the install code borking enumeration when I tried.
Literally is the new Figuratively
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

If you use objEnumItems to install patch spiders, you probably get a single item struct with a quantity, not the quantity of item structs like you would get when trying to uninstall. Say you have ten patch spiders in the cargo hold. You have a single item struct. Telling the ship to install the item struct installs only one out of ten or whatever quantity of patch spiders. To install all of them, you need to repeat the install command. Here is a code snippet:

Code: Select all

(setq inStalled 0)
    (objEnumItems gSource "bNU +unid:&itPatchSpider;" theOne
        (for i 1 (itmGetCount theOne)
            (if (eq (shpCanInstallDevice gSource theOne) 0)
                (block Nil
                    (shpInstallDevice gSource theOne)
                    (setq inStalled (add inStalled 1))
                )
            )
        )
    )

PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Uploaded a new mod called Fabricator Overwrite. This one is for those players (including myself) who want to feed a high quantity of a given item to the fabricator in one drop.

PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Uploaded an update to the Ore Scanning Program mod. Turns out that the Jan 1, 2012 upload of Ore Scanning Program only had the .txt file updated, not the .xml file.

WillyTheSquid
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

I found a bug when combining the Auton Assembly Hangar with Weapons Extended 4: the hangar will not create Autons with the correct weaponry. It will be a weapon of the same damage type, virtually always one I have in my cargo hold, but not the weapon I have selected. Vanilla weapons seem to work fine.

“Normal people believe that if it ain't broke, don't fix it. (Modders) believe that if it ain't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet.” -Scott Adams

Resident mod-cobbler-together, freakspawn-fixer-upper & musical eclectro-ecumenologist.
If you love something, tweak it and twist it. Keep bending it until it breaks. Rip it apart, remix it, rebuild it. Kill your darlings and stitch them together again.

JOIN US ON IRC. IT KICKS ASS. JOIN THE HIVE MIND.
Place cursor on link. Click link. Never look back.
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

The randomizer in Weapons Extended 4 affects the autons spawned by the assembly hangar. I do not know if there is anything I can do in the auton assembly mod to prevent this.

WillyTheSquid
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

The weird thing is that enemies even get randomized when I don't enable "Periculi's Randomizer"... ah what a shame. Will contact the WE4 people to notify them of this.

“Normal people believe that if it ain't broke, don't fix it. (Modders) believe that if it ain't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet.” -Scott Adams

Resident mod-cobbler-together, freakspawn-fixer-upper & musical eclectro-ecumenologist.
If you love something, tweak it and twist it. Keep bending it until it breaks. Rip it apart, remix it, rebuild it. Kill your darlings and stitch them together again.

PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Uploaded a new mod Ore Scanning Laser. This is for those who want an ore scanner that is less powerful than the scanner from Ore Scanning Program. The laser scans the nearest asteroid within range (of 10). Link added at the first post.

Also uploaded updates to Auton Assembly Hangar, Items Pack 912, Playership Drones v4, and Reactors Pack 912.

Brief summation of the updates:
Auton Assembler Hangar: Trivial, default name updates as player selects equipment.
Items Pack 912: Major, items were added, changed, or removed. Some stations have bonus quests now.
Playership Drones 4: Mostly bug fixes. Added howtoadd*.txt documentation. UNIDs have changed, so (re)download all four files.
Reactors Pack 912: Solar reactors were split from the main mod into an optional file, disabled by default. (They are unbalancing.)

Atarlost
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

PM wrote:The randomizer in Weapons Extended 4 affects the autons spawned by the assembly hangar. I do not know if there is anything I can do in the auton assembly mod to prevent this.
This cannot be fixed on the WE end, but you can set (objSetData spaceobject "WE_RandomizerDone" True) and at generation and it won't get randomized.
Literally is the new Figuratively
WillyTheSquid
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Atarlost wrote:
PM wrote:The randomizer in Weapons Extended 4 affects the autons spawned by the assembly hangar. I do not know if there is anything I can do in the auton assembly mod to prevent this.
This cannot be fixed on the WE end, but you can set (objSetData spaceobject "WE_RandomizerDone" True) and at generation and it won't get randomized.
YES, THANKS for jumping in, I've been itchin' to make bitchin' Autons.

Also, PM, awesome that you separated out the solar reactors. I always use 'em now, great for mining, but they are a bit too good. I reduced their max fuel by 20%, makes it more challenging. Will be downloading your new stuff ASAP & give feedback.

PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Setting "WE_RandomizerDone" to True works! Thanks, Atarlost. I just uploaded updates to Auton Assembly Hangar and Playership Drones v4 (main file only, no ship expansions).

WillyTheSquid
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Oh god yes I have been looking forward to this moment for ages... time to start playing god-- I mean, build my own battle robots.

Good thing I saved up all that good gear. :D

PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

New mod Slave Furnace uploaded. It adds an illegal device that lets the playership convert slaves into fuel. Made for the monster in you.

While on the subject of slaves, Fabricator Overwrite has been reuploaded with a new feature: slaves fed to the fabricator are tracked under "missions & activities".