PM's mods

Post about your finished mods here.
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Few quick notes:

I loaded Osaka with Playership Drones, and it can be rebuilt like the others.

I started adding repairedClass versions of Corporate Command ships. So far, I only finished some of the chimera ships. Drake chimera poses an interesting problem, namely if I can import the Viking chimera breeding. I managed to preserve that in PSDv7, but I am not sure I can do this for modern PSD. I have an idea how do to it, but have no idea if it will work. As for other problem ships, I probably will not add the Sigyn due to dual launchers player can never have. The other problem child, Svarog, is clearly a unique, as Anton's signature ship, and killing him yourself is a crime. (I know, I know, he is an infamous player killer.) Whether I add it and not, despite Anton's plot importance, depends if I decide this Lord British expy needs humiliation (by letting the player pilot his ship in PSD).

Aside from that, I added an image toggle in the cheat menu to avert problems involving lag or crashes when accessing the list of genericClass ships. I hope to have an update to PSD ready to upload relatively soon.
Download and Play in 1.9 beta 1...
Drake Technologies (Alpha): More hardware for combat in parts 1 and 2!
Star Castle Arcade: Play a classic arcade game adventure, with or without more features (like powerups)!
Playership Drones: Buy or restore exotic ships to command!

Other playable mods from 1.8 and 1.7, waiting to be updated...
Godmode v3 (WIP): Dev/cheat tool compatible with D&O parts 1 or 2.
IronParrot
Anarchist
Anarchist

Not sure if it's a bug, but my Targeting program ROM and Visual Display enhancement didn't transfer to my Charon Frigate.
Also found a bug with the dall sphere mission where the firgate loots the sphere before you get to it:
2020-06-01 22:21:59 OnGlobalPaneInit [d9120009]: Action ID already added ["Wreck912FieldRepairs"] ### (scrAddAction gScreen "Wreck912FieldRepairs" 2 (typTranslate -653131767 "actionFieldRepairs") (block (shipType) (if (and (eq (shpGetDockObj gPlayerShip) gSource) (setq shipType (PsdFunc_WreckToDroneType gSource))) (block ((overlayID Nil) (armorSegments (typ@ (objGetShipwreckType gSource) "armorCount"))) (setq overlayID (objAddOverlay gSource -653131761)) (ovrSet@ gSource overlayID "counter" (typ@ -653131775 "psdConst.maxLinkRange")) (setq overlayID (objAddOverlay gSource -653131762)) (objSetOverlayData gSource overlayID "startTime" (unvGetTick)) (objSetOverlayData gSource overlayID "drillTime" (multiply 18 (multiply 25 armorSegments))) (objSetOverlayData gSource overlayID "shipType" shipType) (ovrSet@ gSource overlayID "counterLabel" (typTranslate -653131767 "msgRepairing")))) (scrExitScreen gScreen "forceUndock"))) ###
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

No targeting program and other equipment was intentional. The idea was (software) equipment is part of the ship and possibly protected by DRM, and cannot easily (or legally) copy another instance on the ship. However, I may do away with that because of how hard it can be to acquire or track down more. I may just let the player dupe equipment to more ships.

I just got started debugging the Sung transport in St. K's. I will see if I can fix that. So far, it looks like a problem with the Field Repairs code.

Update: repairedClass for Corporate Command is done, and rebuilt Drake chimeras piloted by player will spawn cocoons that hatch into loyal Viking chimeras (but they cannot be ordered). I had to use a virtual item to implement it, but it got the job done.

I will try to get updates for Drake Technologies and Playership Drones uploaded later this week.
Star Castle Arcade: Play a classic arcade game adventure, with or without more features (like powerups)!

IronParrot
Anarchist
Anarchist

Another bug from autoloot?:
2020-06-01 23:39:07 Exception in obj@; arg = (838462360 radiationImmune)
2020-06-01 23:39:07 psdOnBehavior [Charon frigate]: Exception in obj@; arg = (838462360 radiationImmune) [(838462360 radiationImmune)] ### (obj@ gSource "radiationImmune") ###
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Quick notes:

The next update to Playership Drones is finished, barring any more problems that may be found. I should have the Field Repairs problem fixed (or rather, averted). I also cleaned up some sloppy code a little that might fix the radiation immune error message. Aside, I need to find a way to prevent ships from docking wrecks infected with scourge nanos, but I will defer that until I try to add support to VotG ships.

I just made the ships unable to (auto)loot wrecks with 'core.noSalvage property. That should prevent some problems with missions that involve your AI ships looting something before you do, like Dall's sphere.

@ IronParrot: I have made equipment like targeting transferable when player changes ships as done in the ship broker code.

I will try to upload updates to Drake Technologies and Playership Drones tomorrow.

PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Reuploaded Drake Technologies and Playership Drones to Xelerus.

First, Playership Drones. It now includes another tdb that adds repairedClass versions of Corporate Command ships, which means those ships found in the wild may have their wrecks rebuilt.

As for Drake Technologies, I made two minor changes...
* Drake multiturrets fire a spray of shots like the IM90 instead of a custom multitarget lancer. I did this to remove custom firing code and simplify things. At base level, multiturrets fire two shots at a time. At the next level, three shots like IM90. At max level, five shots.

* Removed Basik triple shot. It was a brief experiment that did not have enough of a niche between the other two level 3 Basik ammo.

Due to removal of some entities, restart is required.

PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Reuploaded Playership Drones again to Xelerus. This one includes another tdb file for Near Stars ships.

For the ultimate challenge, try to destroy and rebuild Failsafe! It is unfairly powerful, but it costs over three million credits to rebuild it (plus more for weapons you find for it), and it has horrible fuel efficiency, thanks to its custom reactor that is practically ten Hyperion reactors put together.

Things I should work on next:
* Add repairedClass for ships in Vault of the Galaxy for Playership Drones.
* Update Godmode to 1.9 beta 1 (or later).

PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Quick note:

I have started work on supporting some of the ships in Vault of the Galaxy for Playership Drones. I do not know if I will add support to galactic creatures like vespids and wyrons since most do not level up like biotech ships from factions like Tor Quan and Jax.

Some problems I encountered:

* Switching ships may cause your growth points to flip to negative, which might make it too hard or impossible to grow bioships. I will need to investigate and see if I can fix that.

* Using the [C]onnect command to access your playership drone uses the background screen of your ship, not the ship you connect to. For example, I connect to my bioship wingman, and I see the mechanist dockscreen from the ship I am piloting. I will try to fix it if I can.

PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Progress report:

Most of the ships in Vault of the Galaxy have repairedClass versions in PSD. The only ships left are some of the galactic creatures. In the end, I decided to support galactic creatures. I created a custom type, since they do not grow like bioships and all of their equipment is virtual. They have a modified biotech screen (red instead of green), and have fewer options. For now, they have unlimited fuel and armor regenerates like powered armor.

After the ships are done, I need to fix any problems that did not exist in Human Space adventures.

In particular, setting event handler to a custom PSD base class, which allowed me to add PSD support without requiring custom class (aside from repairedClass for ships that are not starters or ship broker ships), has become an annoyance to work around. Trying to get chimera cocoons to work was a little tricky; I used an item for events since I could not rely on the ship type's events (because event handler is changed). Now, with more ships reliant on events in VotG, I have to watch for more problems, and hope I can fix them if spotted.

Update: I have finished adding repairedClass versions of all VotG ships, except ithalidons (which I will not add due to no weapons). Next is bug hunting. I will try to have an update of PSD with VotG support ready by this weekend.

PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Reuploaded Playership Drones to Xelerus. This time, it includes a tdb file for ships in the Ancient Races library.

Playership Drones is now fully playable in Vault of the Galaxy!

Nearly all of the ships in VotG are playable, including most galactic creatures. Galactic creatures are a "feral" tech separate from mechanist/biotech/archaeotech, although it has some similarities with biotech. They cannot grow or equip new stuff, but they can live without sustenance.

PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Hotfix for Playership Drones uploaded to Xelerus. Ships will avoid looting objects infected with scourge nanos, and older Tor Quan swifts may be repaired.

PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Quick note about Playership Drones in Vault of the Galaxy: Some of the ships that can be acquired, namely Balin dragon and galactic creatures, show credits instead of RU when viewing ship's interior. As a result, repairing new ships while piloting a ship that shows credits takes credits (which player cannot earn) instead of RU. Yes, this is a bug. Unfortunately, I am stumped on how to fix it since I cannot find where currency shown for ships is set. In other words, I do not see a way to tell a playership to show and use RUs instead of credits. I do not see how normal mechanist, biotech, and archaeotech ships do it.

PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Reuploaded both Drake Technologies and Drakian Legacy to Xelerus.

Drake Technologies gets some minor bug fixes and a new custom disarming ion effect. The disarming effect is an EMP substitute, which temporarily disarm and slow down ships. The Taze stingers now use this disarming effect instead of EMP paralysis because the spinning from EMP makes killing things take longer. Also added a new ion weapon (called nullifier) that features the disarming effect.

Drakian Legacy is finally updated to the 1.9 beta. Drakians get different mining weapons and new Antibeamer zapsats. Also, some other items were rebalanced.

shanejfilomena
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

I have had Playership Drones on my mind for about a week...I missed that in my game :)

While it is true I don't always use the tools it has, I just pass them up along the way in some games... other games I would have not made it to Heretic without PSD tools :)

While today's game is Nothing like the games we used to play...Getting to the Core is harder..No real time to mess about having fun with Xenophobes when you got a date with the Iocrym.....

But yes..I am Happy to see you "heard" my plea for an update :)

Thank You :)
Flying Irresponsibly In Eridani......

I don't like to kill pirates in cold blood ..I do it.. but I don't like it..
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

I am working on another update for Drake Technologies (and maybe Drakian Legacy). Some rambling thoughts below.

Main reason for the update is to add some WMD capability for Drake. Problem with energy weapons in Transcendence is nearly all of them have no WMD whatsoever, which means those energy weapons that are not omni fall by the wayside for those with WMD. Late-game loadouts tend to be blast or thermo weapon of choice (often a howitzer) and maybe an omni energy weapon as backup.

I decided to add some ammoless matter weapons (mostly repeaters) back to Drake Technologies, and removed some of the ammo weapons. They are variations of the weapons they used to have but were given to Brik. I have half of mind to remove all of Brik, except maybe keeping few of their more interesting weapons and the Immortal shields.

However, after giving matter weapons to Drake, it turns out that I am still gravitating toward matter weapons because of all-important WMD. Finally, I just got fed up and I have decided I will add WMD:2 or WMD:3 to all (non-mining) beamers (but not multiturrets) just so that there are some useful energy weapons that are good against more than insignificant chaff.

Add then it hit me! Hitscan beam weapons have a huge balance penalty because of long-range hitscan. However, enemies do not bother dodging and the lowered DPS hurts the weapon when player uses it against enemies. The player can dodge and the balance/damage penalty when used against the player makes sense. However, player does not pilot anything with hull or compartments, which means the weapon can have WMD:7, and it will still have the same effectiveness against a player with no hull at all.

For balancing my hitscan beamers for the next update, I plan to ignore WMD for balance calculations to offset hitscan weapons' weakness against NPCs compared to basic energy weapons because enemies do not dodge them, while player hit by hitscan will take the same damage whether it has no WMD or max WMD. Hopefully, Drake beamers will be more useful for all-around assault, instead of being a novelty weapon that looks cool but is at a disadvantage (from less range and DPS) compared to basic energy weapons like laser cannons.

Even with the plans to make beamers more useful, I am still considering keeping the new matter weapons I just added for Drake since they have grown on me while playtesting them. They will also be handy for assembling loadouts for starter ships I will try to build in the indefinite future.

Speaking of starter ships: A possible idea I am entertaining is one traditional gunship akin to Wolfen, one heavy gunship with shield armor and zapsats, and a transport with drone bay and drone command.