[MOD] Dynamic Systems V6.d

Post about your finished mods here.
Patupi
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

I've just had a thought. I've always thought that it wasn't realistic (though it is reasonable with the game mechanics) that the stations reduce in cost when you sell stuff to them, but the price never goes back up. In a normal game making it slowly raise back up to normal levels would seem right, but would likely change game play too much. After all there is no real reason you can't just sit in a system and wait for the stations to go back up in their prices and then sell. Way too imbalancing.

However, in Dynamic Systems there IS a reason you really don't want to sit still in most systems :) so I think something like a gradually rising sell price for most stations (or maybe things go up when you buy things from them? Something like that) would work well. I think it should be slow, but given the enormous number of wrecks the average Dynamic Systems game you certainly need a lot of places to sell stuff! For this to be viable in D.S. I guess it would also need to disable the buy limit for stations as well (I always play with the mod that disables that anyway.)
RPC
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Location: Hmm... I'm confused. Anybody have a starmap to the Core?

Huh, I never hit that snag myself. I've always played with Playership Drones, so I always sold from my freighter and not my fighting ship. I think that selling at a reduced price might stop players from farming too much at earlier levels anyways (respawning stations=farming opportunities) since there weren't farming opportunities before. And yeah, you can always use No Sell Limit, so there is that.
Tutorial List on the Wiki and Installing Mods
Get on Discord for mod help and general chat
Der Tod ist der zeitlose Frieden und das leben ist der Krieg
Wir müssen wissen — wir werden wissen!
I don't want any sort of copyright on my Transcendence mods. Feel free to take/modify whatever you want.
Patupi
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Yeah, but after you've sold something ten or so times the price is WAAAY down. The starting Corporate station usually buy Centauri rice from me at about 15 to 20 credits after I've left Eridani :) That's a little big of a price drop from 110. Current game I'm on they're buying at 27 (I'm being conservative) and if you're selling something that few people buy... you're in trouble. Or if just few stations that buy that thing spawn in this particular game. *shrugs*

For me right now I'm playing with The Network so it's not really an issue. Plenty of stations around to buy stuff. But in the normal system map things get a little more limited... especially since stations have a shorter life expectancy in D.S. :)

(EDIT: OK, seems that corporate station's lower limit was 27... could have sworn they bought centauri rice cheaper than that off me before *shrugs* Oh well)
Patupi
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Damn! Killed by a souped up Wolfen again... armed with plasma cannon?!? In Eridani! That's going a little too far don't you think?
RPC
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Plasma cannon o.O Do you have WE installed? I don't remember giving them plasma cannons...
Btw, I'm trying to see if I can set up a freighter run on video, so be on the lookout for that >.>
I don't want any sort of copyright on my Transcendence mods. Feel free to take/modify whatever you want.
Patupi
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Yes, got WE installed, as well as 912 items and dracorp (and weapon labs, but I don't think that affects stock weapons). Mostly the Wolfens that hit me are either equipped with xray lasers or a scatter fire weapon, nasty missiles, and usually with a speed boost. With 22% c Top speed they still over haul me quite handily.

(EDIT: The plasma weapon was a big blue bolt, so not the plasma welder... which would barely scratch my paint to be honest. It looked like a plasma bolt, despite the color. But heck, even an Ion bolt that early would be silly.)
ronelm2000
Miner
Miner

Speaking of bugs, why doesn't the Slave Base Shield Turrets regen right for me? XD
Patupi
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Hmm, I haven't noticed that on my current game. Had a Sung Slaver Camp completely destroyed (not by me, by one of the retaliation fleets) and when I showed up there were five Earth slavers and quite a few wrecks there, lots of construction stations, some of which turned into defence sats before I wasted them. Didn't check them all but I'm pretty sure some did regen right.

But those construction stations are a bit big for defence sats, or other small stations. I'm pretty sure that Anarchist camps don't regen, but do Sapien's camps or Death Drug cartel camps? They're pretty small too. Might be an idea to make a small construction station for them, could even be just a shrunk graphic of the current construction station :)
RPC
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Sorry guys, I have really bad graphics skills :P If I tried to make smaller ones they'd look like black squares >.>
The construction station is actually the rebuilding Korolov graphic in Charon, so yeah.
*EDIT: Yeah, I could just shrink the current graphic, derp.
Patupi
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Made up a quick smaller construction station graphic. It's still a bit big for the sung defence sats so I'll keep working on something for them

Patupi
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Did one for the Sung Defence Sat. It's a bit crude but it works.

Patupi
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Here is a better version of the Sung Defence Sat, a model I made up in Milkshape 3D

(EDIT: If anyone can render it better than Milkshape's inbuilt no shadows renderer I can supply the model)
ronelm2000
Miner
Miner

Patupi wrote:Here is a better version of the Sung Defence Sat, a model I made up in Milkshape 3D

(EDIT: If anyone can render it better than Milkshape's inbuilt no shadows renderer I can supply the model)
It would be nice if we can make construction sprites for all kinds of colonies.

===
Patupi wrote:Hmm, I haven't noticed that on my current game. Had a Sung Slaver Camp completely destroyed (not by me, by one of the retaliation fleets) and when I showed up there were five Earth slavers and quite a few wrecks there, lots of construction stations, some of which turned into defence sats before I wasted them. Didn't check them all but I'm pretty sure some did regen right.

But those construction stations are a bit big for defence sats, or other small stations. I'm pretty sure that Anarchist camps don't regen, but do Sapien's camps or Death Drug cartel camps? They're pretty small too. Might be an idea to make a small construction station for them, could even be just a shrunk graphic of the current construction station :)
I was meaning to say those big Slaver Sanctuaries with shields turrets... :/

====

Also, is there a way for Ferians to errmm.... retaliate? Possibly a patch? Maybe increase the amount of Ferian Warriors that spawn (4 Ferian warriors per second? LOL) when it's being attacked by the Huari...or player? That...would be nice. :3
Patupi
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Sung Fortress? With the 'ring' made up of four weapon emplacements? Ahh, haven't smashed one of those yet in DS5. So the 'ring' segments weren't regenerating with construction stations?

Ferrian warriors are pretty nasty. I thought it was bad when the enhanced retaliation for Urak comes at me (mainly because it happens earlier, with the player having weaker equipment), but Ferrian would be nasty! Only one shot at a time true, but that shot HURTS!
RPC
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Actually, this mod was inspired by the Black market, Corp, and ferian retaliations. The BM sends Molotoks, corp sends their cruiser, and the ferians send a whole nest to attack you ;)

Yeah, the ring segments don't count as a station because I got complaints about retaliation levels going up too fast and Dragons showing up >.>

I'm actually working on a semi dynamic (semi because it'll require hard coded lists :/) ways of adding new construction sprites. It'll probably show up on a V5.b update or something.
*EDIT: if you want I could show you how to add ferian retaliations...