[MOD] Dynamic Systems V6.d

Post about your finished mods here.
Drako Slyith
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer
Location: Researching how to make St. Kats star go supernova.

The locked stargate and the charon stronghold systems are in the Network. I designed it to have a constant battle, as a fun challenge for the player.
Play in over 100 systems in a network. Play the 2011 Mod Of the Year
and the highest rated mod on Xelerus, The Network.
Play the July Mod of the Month, Fellow Pilgrims!
Play My other mods as well
(Drako Slyith)* I am a person
(Eliza chatbot)> Do you believe it is normal to be a person?
Dash_Merc
Anarchist
Anarchist

Well it was lots of fun, indeed. I think combining it with Dynamic Systems might have been a bad idea on my part, though. Each system took me several hours. :P

May I recommend having two keys? At the end there's only one key, but there are two dead stargates (one at the beginning and one at the end). I accidentally went back in, and had to make six jumps before I could exit the region again, because there was only one key and I used it on the stargate at the end.

Furthermore, the Police Stations never change their behaviour in the dock screen, even after all the pirate bases are destroyed, and neither does the Korolov station. Is this intentional, or are they supposed to change and be all thankful, like most of the other missions?
Drako Slyith
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer
Location: Researching how to make St. Kats star go supernova.

I never added code to make the screens change. Someday I'll get back to working on the Network, but I have other projects now (mostly sandbox)
Play in over 100 systems in a network. Play the 2011 Mod Of the Year
and the highest rated mod on Xelerus, The Network.
Play the July Mod of the Month, Fellow Pilgrims!
Play My other mods as well
(Drako Slyith)* I am a person
(Eliza chatbot)> Do you believe it is normal to be a person?
RPC
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Location: Hmm... I'm confused. Anybody have a starmap to the Core?

Dash Merc: I survived....
Tutorial List on the Wiki and Installing Mods
Get on Discord for mod help and general chat
Der Tod ist der zeitlose Frieden und das leben ist der Krieg
Wir müssen wissen — wir werden wissen!
I don't want any sort of copyright on my Transcendence mods. Feel free to take/modify whatever you want.
erik dela cruz
Militia Captain
Militia Captain
Location: Patrolling Scarborough Shoal and the Spratlys Islands (West Philippine Sea)

Hey RPC I have a problem with the Mayfly Nerf ship (T106). When I click to choose it, the program crashes. :?:
...and another thing when we destroy stations, does it really disappear then appear whole again just like magic? :?
...and solar activity is cool but can you "tame" it a bit? :wink:
.....cry without weeping......
.....talk without speaking......
.....scream without raising your voice......
shanejfilomena
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

erik dela cruz wrote:Hey RPC I have a problem with the Mayfly Nerf ship (T106). When I click to choose it, the program crashes. :?:
...and another thing when we destroy stations, does it really disappear then appear whole again just like magic? :?
...and solar activity is cool but can you "tame" it a bit? :wink:
Erik : 1.06 might have an issue or an issue with the feature: try to isolate it in the debug (notepad file ) that is in the game folder.
Stations respawning has been a fun toy for months to keep the action going: RPC and my own works carry stations that rebuild in the same place or within a set area from the original.
Unlike RPC, I do not use complicated codes and my original works would fill a system with wrecks : lately, I have fixed that problem of wrecked stations, but my stations still rebuild or get replaced by a different kind of station.

the solar activity I think your meaning what was once described as "gravitational pull" in as real system it is not so much a "problem" as a challenge to understand how to use it to your advantage as a tool or weapon. try getting your hostiles to fall into the "natural trap"
Flying Irresponsibly In Eridani......

I don't like to kill pirates in cold blood ..I do it.. but I don't like it..
erik dela cruz
Militia Captain
Militia Captain
Location: Patrolling Scarborough Shoal and the Spratlys Islands (West Philippine Sea)

@Shane: I will try your suggestion coz I'm really interested in the Mayfly. It looked so cool and agile.
I seem to like your own style in respawning stations. Fixing it is more realistic than just reappearing again.
As for the solar activity I mentioned, my reservations to this is primarily on my visual observation. The star spews a whole lot by it's size like in Eridani, the ejected particles seem to hit far up near the CW stations. Besides it hurts my shields a bit. :roll:
shanejfilomena
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

erik dela cruz wrote:@Shane: I will try your suggestion coz I'm really interested in the Mayfly. It looked so cool and agile.
I seem to like your own style in respawning stations. Fixing it is more realistic than just reappearing again.
As for the solar activity I mentioned, my reservations to this is primarily on my visual observation. The star spews a whole lot by it's size like in Eridani, the ejected particles seem to hit far up near the CW stations. Besides it hurts my shields a bit. :roll:
Ohh, THATS what RPC did : I thought it was just a pull on the ships not particle ejecta. However, mind you, in a real system Radiation is a key element that has to be defended against by everyone : including little green men :) and it IS a damaging factor in the universe.

I do believe you have a Unid number........get your Notepad++ ( free ) and open the .xml file ( right click : open with notepad++ )
find out what kind of damage this effect has. once you know what it is: shields can be built to resist it ( but not totally, Omni items that make the player indestructible or invisible are game killers : they are only useful when you have to get into things to make sure they are working properly for your .xml ideas ).

from Star trek to the latest of any space adventure the concept of shields is " standard " and their function is to resist radiation , deflect particles/ objects that are dangerous to the ships.

You might recall that the Enterprise once did not have a shield to deflect Asteroids while traveling at hyper speeds : the Navigational shields are exactly that : deflectors of basic space objects that work with the general deflectors and warp bubbles
Flying Irresponsibly In Eridani......

I don't like to kill pirates in cold blood ..I do it.. but I don't like it..
RPC
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Reuploaded DySys tp V4.c. I have now added:
-Real Autopilot
-gravity
-Dash Merc's Rotolooter (an autolooter)
-level caps
I don't want any sort of copyright on my Transcendence mods. Feel free to take/modify whatever you want.
RPC
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Sorry to be a bother, but I messed up the categories and now the mod doesn't have Mod of the Month on it T.T
*calls for digdug or alterecco to fix it*
alterecco
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

RPC wrote:Sorry to be a bother, but I messed up the categories and now the mod doesn't have Mod of the Month on it T.T
*calls for digdug or alterecco to fix it*
Linky? (remember, lazy admins :P)
Get your own Galactic Omni Device
Get it now. It's free!!
RPC
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

The banner for V2 links to V4.c :D
RPC
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Reuploaded V4.c at 518 dl's so that the autolooter works across systems. Previously, the autolooter needed to be turned off and on for every system.

Also, gravity does not work in 1.07 due to the bug mentioned in this thread.
erik dela cruz
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Hey RPC, can you make the bigger enemy stations respawn like the Korolov station in Charon? I mean it would be more realistic to find an enemy staion I destroyed being encircled by looping bogeys around it still under construction(at least, say half a lighthour or so) before I attack it again? Smaller outposts can respawn after 10 to 15 light minutes? Just humble a suggestion. :wink: :)
RPC
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Yeah, I'll make a list of big stations and try to do that for the next version.