Elysium Player Storage Station V1.0

Post about your finished mods here.
TranscendentGeek
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

Do you ever get tired of not having enough cargo space? Would you like to be able to dump heavy but potentially useful/valuable items somewhere until you need them again?

Then this mod is for you! It turns the station in the Elysium system into a storage bin for the player.

All you have to do is find a gem of despair or jumpdrive to get to Elysium. Then just dock with the station jettison items or pick previously jettisoned items back up.

But it is hard to get to Elysium if you don\'t have a jumpdrive. Luckily you can find one lying around inside the station.

After that infinite storage is just a Jump away. :D

http://xelerus.de/index.php?s=mod&id=1082
matix
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Excellent idea :D this is gonna be quite useful!
Matix's Revolutionary Repair Items! Get it here !
Stronger Centauri! Download it here
Matix's Weapon Pack!: Find it here!
Preview: Momentum Cannons! Get it here!

IRC (Love it! :D):
[10:54] * matix pokes Guest33555
[10:55] * matix thinks its dead....
[10:55] * Katami shoots Guest33555 in the foot
[10:55] <matix> O.o
[10:55] <Hatsya> don't worry, it's a water gun
TranscendentGeek
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

matix wrote:Excellent idea :D this is gonna be quite useful!
Hope you enjoy :)
Star Weaver
Militia Commander
Militia Commander
Location: . . . between the stars and the warm black sky . . .

You know, I seem to recall being kind of dumb about this idea in IRC and thinking it was kinda pointless .... and now I'm thinking that it'll be an ideal companion to this Elysium Metropolis mod :D. And because of the lovely non-overwriting dockscreen work you've done since -- I don't know if I would have thought have using OnGlobalPainInit for station screens until you started doing it -- I can slap the metro config options onto the Tan Ru without interfering with yours. (Might try to overwrite your jumpdrive-giving action with one that gives out one of the lesser, earlier level jumpdrives I'm thinking of making, though :).
ronelm2000
Miner
Miner

Star Weaver wrote:You know, I seem to recall being kind of dumb about this idea in IRC and thinking it was kinda pointless .... and now I'm thinking that it'll be an ideal companion to this Elysium Metropolis mod :D. And because of the lovely non-overwriting dockscreen work you've done since -- I don't know if I would have thought have using OnGlobalPainInit for station screens until you started doing it -- I can slap the metro config options onto the Tan Ru without interfering with yours. (Might try to overwrite your jumpdrive-giving action with one that gives out one of the lesser, earlier level jumpdrives I'm thinking of making, though :).
That's a better idea. I honestly think a free jumpdrive isn't really good for balancing in the wrong run. Slap a couple of Oracus Shrines or Santums and get a gem of despair and bam, free Elysium trip 4ever.
Star Weaver
Militia Commander
Militia Commander
Location: . . . between the stars and the warm black sky . . .

That's why one of the options to my mod is going to be 'lock elysium stargates until you could get to those systems', so you can't just use it to jump ahead, but you can use it a lot for backtracking and storage and general travelage.
matix
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Locking the gates would kill me :cry: but i like the idea :mrgreen:
Matix's Revolutionary Repair Items! Get it here !
Stronger Centauri! Download it here
Matix's Weapon Pack!: Find it here!
Preview: Momentum Cannons! Get it here!

IRC (Love it! :D):
[10:54] * matix pokes Guest33555
[10:55] * matix thinks its dead....
[10:55] * Katami shoots Guest33555 in the foot
[10:55] <matix> O.o
[10:55] <Hatsya> don't worry, it's a water gun