Weapons Extended 5

Post about your finished mods here.
digdug
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

I have no idea how to show fragmentation effects without them interacting to each other and doing a mess without adding an interaction="0" to every one of them. And I have no intention of doing that :P
CYRUS KGABO
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Nice work guys um going to download it first thing in the morning.for now its time to get some zzz time.
erik dela cruz
Militia Captain
Militia Captain
Location: Patrolling Scarborough Shoal and the Spratlys Islands (West Philippine Sea)

I'm playing with 1.08l and having trouble with the dockscreen. When page down is pressed on items stored in any occupied station, it scrolls back up almost instantly at times when items seem too voluminous. It's like scrolling continuously without end. :(
.....cry without weeping......
.....talk without speaking......
.....scream without raising your voice......
RPC
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Location: Hmm... I'm confused. Anybody have a starmap to the Core?

When the station restocks it puts the cursor back at the top...
It might take you a while to get to the bottom of the list and you hit the refresh of the station. I don't know if you can do anything about that...
Tutorial List on the Wiki and Installing Mods
Get on Discord for mod help and general chat
Der Tod ist der zeitlose Frieden und das leben ist der Krieg
Wir müssen wissen — wir werden wissen!
I don't want any sort of copyright on my Transcendence mods. Feel free to take/modify whatever you want.
FourFire
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

RPC wrote:When the station restocks it puts the cursor back at the top...
It might take you a while to get to the bottom of the list and you hit the refresh of the station. I don't know if you can do anything about that...
I experienced this too, though I had no idea what caused it.
(func(Admin Response)= true){
if(admin func(amiable) = true)
Create func(Helpful Posts)
else func(Keep Calm and Post derisive topics)}
digdug
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

When the station restocks it puts the cursor back at the top...
Yes, I don't think it's a problem of WE5 as I experienced it in vanilla too, but with WE5 it becomes really bad, since item lists are big.
erik dela cruz
Militia Captain
Militia Captain
Location: Patrolling Scarborough Shoal and the Spratlys Islands (West Philippine Sea)

Yeah it's really that bad so the only solution I found was to minimize stocking of items by distributing it to other ruins nearby. It works but even with a short list, this still seem to recur specially now when I'm past Point Juno and a system away from the Heretic. :cry:
.....cry without weeping......
.....talk without speaking......
.....scream without raising your voice......
digdug
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

There is a major problem with WE5 prices in rin.
The prices are not converted properly from credits to rin and they are consequently too high. (like 700k rin for an IM90 !)

I'll try to fix it asap.
FourFire
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

digdug wrote:I have no idea how to show fragmentation effects without them interacting to each other and doing a mess without adding an interaction="0" to every one of them. And I have no intention of doing that :P
Could you possibly make all fragments energy weapons, with knockback?
(energy weapons don't interact with eachother right?)
(func(Admin Response)= true){
if(admin func(amiable) = true)
Create func(Helpful Posts)
else func(Keep Calm and Post derisive topics)}
digdug
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

just for the sake of showing them ? I think that it's going to be faster to take a screenshot of all the weapon one by one :P
Bruno
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

If you are a perfectionist, there is a tiny little detail:

I tried to install a mining laser just now, at an asteroid colony.
The mining colony will install a random laser I believe. For me, it said "We do not install illegal items." !!)
I assume there exist an illegal mining laser, and this came up as the one to install, for a strange result and no mining laser for me.

That was all, I hope this is the right place to talk about such things.
digdug
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Thank you for reporting the problem. I can fix that.

It's a rare occurrence but it could be that the mining station is trying to install a "plasma waste cannon": an illegal plasma mining weapon. (it's also the only illegal mining weapon in the mod)

For a quick fix, just open WE_illegalWeapons.xml and go to line 676 and remove MinerGear attribute. That will prevent the mining asteroid colony to pick the weapon.
Jay2Jay
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

How goes development on We6 Digdug? I would like to help so I can get some experience, and maybe even contribute (I love to make armor for some reason) when I get ungrounded on June 19th.
digdug
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Hi Jay2Jay,
I would love some more contents for WE6. :)
At the moment I'm reformatting the entire mod using libraries. I'm also rendering ships since I won't be using anymore the Praetorian and Wolfy's centauri ships.
I'm also rewriting large parts of the mod to increase mods compatibility to the max. Ideally, WE6 won't override vanilla stuff at all.

WE6 will have only exclusive contents so if you are going to send me some armors, you will be credited for making them but I'm afraid that you will be kindly asked to not distribute the same armors in other mods as they will be in WE6.

Also, another official announcement: WE6 will be dropping Atarlost's Northwind weapons as Atarlost has different plans for them.
Jay2Jay
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

digdug wrote:WE6 will have only exclusive contents so if you are going to send me some armors, you will be credited for making them but I'm afraid that you will be kindly asked to not distribute the same armors in other mods as they will be in WE6.
I can work with that.