Armstrong Player Ship mod

Post about your finished mods here.
Balentius
Anarchist
Anarchist

I didn't bother announcing this before, because it was barely functional. Now, if I've done things right, it will work properly with both the Domina and Eternity Port powers/expansions.

Let me know if it's horribly wrong.

Notes - this is mainly a copy from the Transcendence source code for NPC Armstrongs, with a few quirks to make it a player ship
- It not only adds it as a starting ship, but also makes it available in the Ship Broker stores at the appropriate levels.
- Mainly created for my own enjoyment;

http://xelerus.de/index.php?s=mod&id=1622

Balentius
AssumedPseudonym
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

One suggestion, if I might? Both versions are identical in the ship selection screen; it would make it easier to tell them apart if you added a note in their description which version starts in what system.

Mod prefixes: 0xA010 (registered) and 0xDCC8 (miscellaneous)

My mods on Xelerus: Click here!

Of all the things I’ve lost in life, I miss my mind the least. (I’m having a lot more fun without it!)
Balentius
Anarchist
Anarchist

AssumedPseudonym - You are correct; I hadn't even noticed that . I guess I had too many extensions loaded...

An even better solution would be to have only one show up; but I'm not sure how to do that.

Reuploading today! I've added starting system, as well as putting "EP-" before the name on the relevant ship.

Balentius
Zeke
Miner
Miner

Any image of this ship available?
AssumedPseudonym
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Hero image:

Spritesheet:

Of all the things I’ve lost in life, I miss my mind the least. (I’m having a lot more fun without it!)
Zeke
Miner
Miner

Thanks.

Any hope for an update soon? You can't trade it in and it doesn't have a device disable screen.

I'll post it up somewhere else on the forum if that will help,. Trying to avoid needing a membership at Xelerus if I can.
Balentius
Anarchist
Anarchist

Zeke wrote:
Fri Dec 27, 2019 6:22 am
Thanks.

Any hope for an update soon? You can't trade it in and it doesn't have a device disable screen.

I'll post it up somewhere else on the forum if that will help,. Trying to avoid needing a membership at Xelerus if I can.
Odd - I've been playing with it almost exclusively for the past few months (when I play... Been distracted some) and I've definitely been able to disable/enable devices.

Trading it in? I've never tried it, honestly... Haven't needed any better :) When I have a few minutes, I'll see if I can do that too.

Just did that too - loaded up a new game with no other extensions, and I was able to sell it without any issues.

Balentius
Zeke
Miner
Miner

Balentius wrote:
Sat Dec 28, 2019 12:54 am
Zeke wrote:
Fri Dec 27, 2019 6:22 am
Thanks.

Odd - I've been playing with it almost exclusively for the past few months (when I play... Been distracted some) and I've definitely been able to disable/enable devices.

Trading it in? I've never tried it, honestly... Haven't needed any better :) When I have a few minutes, I'll see if I can do that too.

Just did that too - loaded up a new game with no other extensions, and I was able to sell it without any issues.

Balentius
That's odd.

When I click ship configuration after hitting S, all I get is an inventory list of installed components. Not the exploded diagram display that is similar to when you use dock services for component installations or swaps. I do get those screens on standard starting ships. I'm running version 1.8.403.0 and everything has been downloaded in the past few months. I do run Almighty Wrench, Solar Armor, Big Mules, and Dealer Stations extensions with this one.

Maybe someone else has an idea why you and I see different config screens for this one ship.
AssumedPseudonym
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

My suggestion would be to try starting a game with only the Armstrong mod enabled, and see what ship screen you have. Add another mod, start another new game, lather, rinse, repeat until you have the wrong screen show up. That’s probably the one breaking things. (I’ve had to do that to see what was breaking some of my own mods, and sometimes it’s been surprisingly recent and reasonably well maintained mods that have been the problem.)

Balentius
Anarchist
Anarchist

It probably doesn't help that I was using one I'd modified and forgot to upload. It's out on Xelerus now.

Balentius
AssumedPseudonym
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

*Snrk.* I’ve done that before, too… <.< >.> <.<;