Trillum - a universal fuel; trillum beetle and trillum squirrel

Post about your finished mods here.
marsrocks
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

Trillum, of course, is the name given by George Moromisato to the essential universal fuel going back to the earliest version of Anacreon for DOS.

I bring trillum, a universal fuel that works in all reactors, to Transcendence with this new mod which I just posted to xelerus.

I think it would be helpful especially to noobs, who may need a little help with fuel.

Two new pets are introduced in this mod.

1. The trillum beetle, thought to have become extinct, was found, and is now available in the Black Market. This special beetle can, when released from its box, convert any fuel type, fuel-bearing ore, or other energy item into trillum balls. Be careful though, because it may drink all of your beer, or take other items of value to you to make its trillum balls. If you don't want it converting your whiskey or wine into balls, you can keep it safely away from your valuables by putting it back in its box.

2. Another new pet, the trillum squirrel, loves to hoard and hide the acorn-like trillum balls produced by the trillum beetle. Coincidentally, as your reactor empties, it leaves space for your trillum squirrel to add those numerous trillum balls. When released into your cargo hold, the trillum squirrel will gather the trillum balls and put them into your reactor to help keep your reactor fueled. When off-duty, it hangs out with you on the Captain's Deck.

The xelerus link to the mod is below:

http://xelerus.de/index.php?s=mod&id=1634&d=1

If you want to check out the trillum beetle and the trillum squirrel, just look for them at Black Market stations; or if using the Santa Box, just look for them under "i" for illegal items.
relanat
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Very nice images.

Getting a crash all the time.
Looks like it is something to do with the <OnUpdate> event in &ittrillumsquirrel;

Try adding an 'if' function in there maybe. The code doesn't look quite right.
Stupid code. Do what I want, not what I typed in!
marsrocks
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

relanat, What version are you running?

I am a couple of versions behind the crowd. I have only tested it in 1.8.3
DigaRW
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

It seems there is a problem with OnUpdate or recurring events in current version (1.9 beta 2). PM also experience similar problem. viewtopic.php?f=24&t=4295&start=360
Download Transcendence mods from Reinvented Workbench Project!
Click this link!
relanat
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

marsrocks wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 7:12 pm
relanat, What version are you running?
1.9b2a. I just checked and the mod works fine in 1.8.3. My bad!
Stupid code. Do what I want, not what I typed in!
marsrocks
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

relanat,

Thanks for testing it! Now I know it won't run in 1.9, but that runs okay for you in 1.8.3.

DigaRW, thanks for that link!

Hopefully, this is something George needs to fix in order for it to go to 1.9, as my skills coding are still very limited.

I see there are a lot of new deprecated functions in the next couple of versions, and I really need to see a few examples of any new code working to have any chance to figure out how to use the new code in a mod.