SEMESTA 2.0 REBOOT

A place to discuss mods in development and concepts for new mods.
DigaRW
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Note for future updates:

* Serbaguna launcher is done good, but they lack of thermonuclear ammunition. There are several thermo missile, but they are too unique. I should introduce a new line, "Ledak", a standard thermonuclear missile and grenade. Their damage would relatively lower compared with other themo weapon so it could fits on level 6 ammo and should able have pack version of them.

* In previous mods, Daya reactor is basically a reactor with higher-than-normal peak power. I'm bit reluctant to add them to REBOOT Mods since it's feels too weird because its random odd number. I have several ideas to fitting them to REBOOT mods:
- Peak power is 10% higher than standard reactor, instead of random odd number.
- Adding damage increment to weapon.
- Adding power efficiency to weapon and/or shield.
- Adding one more slot at cost of 10% power output.
- Two reactor can be combined to increase its power.
- Exceptional fuel efficiency (20%-30%) at cost of 10% power output.

* I guess I should bring back EMP device, SB device and SBEMP device. However, I wanted it more interesting to use. Perhaps these device can virtually do a cyberwarfare much like cyberdeck from Sung Slaver. They automatically engaged the targeted enemy and attempt to paralyze or wear down shield (5%-10%). Player should able to force activate the device by invoke mode, but the device will be disabled or recharging.
Download Transcendence mods from Reinvented Workbench Project!
Click this link!
DigaRW
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

An idea just flew over my head. Imagine having multipurpose launcher for mining that has four ammo that utilizes their respective techniques: ablative, blasting, drilling, and shockwave.

Yeah, that's probably going to "Multiguna Tambang launcher".
Click this link!
DigaRW
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

DigaRW wrote:
Wed Dec 23, 2020 8:35 am
An idea just flew over my head. Imagine having multipurpose launcher for mining that has four ammo that utilizes their respective techniques: ablative, blasting, drilling, and shockwave.

Yeah, that's probably going to "Multiguna Tambang launcher".
Turned out it became worse idea to be implemented in SEMESTA REBOOT. Drilling mine weapon uses beam which is main properties of energy weapon. Although we might actually can make a beam from matter weapon in reality, but I don't like too much complex depiction especially to Semesta weapons.

The main theme of Semesta for the weapon is matter-type weapon except Kejora archcannon which it is not available right now. KxK blaster is energy weapons for Semesta, but actually owned by Kuasa Kritikal and they don't interested on mining stuff.

Also Tambang Curah cannon doesn't seems right for me. Semesta able to make replication of Iocrym fracture cannon with Sembur cannon. But for current Transcendence timeline, they didn't make much use of plasma technology; especially on mining.

So, for next update Tambang Tikam cannon and Tambang Curah cannon will be removed. I also cancel the idea of this "Multiguna Tambang launcher". Semesta will stick to mainly blasting and shockwave for their mining weapons.

By the way, have a great year everyone!
Click this link!
DigaRW
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

DigaRW wrote:
Fri Jan 01, 2021 4:21 am
Turned out it became worse idea to be implemented in SEMESTA REBOOT. Drilling mine weapon uses beam which is main properties of energy weapon. Although we might actually can make a beam from matter weapon in reality, but I don't like too much complex depiction especially to Semesta weapons.
In reverse, the multipurpose mining weapon are great for energy-type weapon. While matter weapon can be ablation, blasting, and shockwave but can't be a drilling, energy weapon can be all of them; ablative (Dvalin Ion9 cannon), blasting (Nandao bolt cannon), drilling, and shockwave mining is possible on energy weapon.

I'm not planning to create it though. Neither on Semesta or miscellaneous mods.
Click this link!
relanat
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

I just downloaded your mods again.
SEMESTA_REBOOT doesn't work. The systems don't appear in the game.
The SemestaStarsystem.xml module has been commented out, remove the <!-- --> and it works.
Stupid code. Do what I want, not what I typed in!
DigaRW
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

relanat wrote:
Thu Mar 18, 2021 6:53 am
I just downloaded your mods again.
SEMESTA_REBOOT doesn't work. The systems don't appear in the game.
The SemestaStarsystem.xml module has been commented out, remove the <!-- --> and it works.
Oh, that's actually was not meant to appear though. It still in progress. I have some difficulties on working star systems because George has introduced out-of-plane asteroids to the game. I tried to add some of it to custom systems (Nusantara and Banda), but it didn't work; don't know why. I might just add regular asteroid, but will looks far different with core game. So I had to disable it at the moment.

You can enable it if you want, but as a result, Nusantara and Banda will appears as a very empty starsystem.
Click this link!
relanat
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

OK, fair enough. Isn't it fun keeping up with new code!
I was only looking at the placement of the systems on the galactic map anyway so I've enabled it. Thanks for the quick reply.
DigaRW
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Semesta Launcher so far is balanced and fun to use. But last update I have added Dual Burst Semesta Launcher and make it looks somewhat... weird? I'm not sure how I can express my thought, but Semesta Launcher is too unique to make its variant. Dual Burst has no difference with its original and more inconvenient.

With that said, I decided to reduce number of missile shot from 8 to 4 and turned it to burst weapon. So I could make alternating version in Tinkers. I also will change its stats and ammo.

This change kinda sadden me because I really love this weapon since its created.

Edit: After several thoughts, probably remove tinkers version instead.
Click this link!
DigaRW
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

I have noticed that mining colony now uses "essentialMiningEquipment" instead of "miningEquipment" attributes. As a result, all modded mining weapon will not appear in the shops.

Meanwhile, I need to rework on Serbaguna launcher for standard ammo. Current ammo line is make it hard to balance on hostile autons. Lutung auton that have pack Buru ammo doesn't even trying to launch missile because it is two level below from its main weapon, omni K5K blaster.
Click this link!
DigaRW
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

I found a bug on Tinkers code. Usually I append the code to allows some of my weapons appears in Tinkers recipes. However, as I trying to fabricate them, it says the weapon is too "heavy". How is this possible though? I literally have Armstrong transport which still have more than 400 tons.

Seems there is no problem in my code. I think perhaps there was change on core game that break appending code. I'm not sure.
Click this link!
relanat
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

It might be the weapon weighs more than the parts used to make it. Or something like that. Not sure but I think Song mentioned this somewhere.
DigaRW
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

If that so, George definitely should check global tinkerCalcFabrication on cargo space calculation.
Click this link!
DigaRW
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Sneak n peek on Malacca system.

Welcome to Malacca!

A mystical green star of Malacca.

Look! A broken stargate!

Star dust collectors. Padamium dust is main ingredient of Semesta armors.

An Iocrym outpost. Now abandoned by them for unknown reason.

Uh oh....

A defected auton fortress to keep you entertained. But ouch, that's hurt.
Click this link!
DigaRW
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

I haven't touch the game for quite some time, but so far this is current state of development. Nusantara has been populated and even there is a station for capital of Semesta empire. I made some ships for defenders to live up the mods, but currently used stock ship from core game. Perhaps in future, I would try design them.

I'm gonna make a new special weapon series before update. Expect soon, but not sooner.
Click this link!