[MOD Preview] SFSpaceStations v0.8

A place to discuss mods in development and concepts for new mods.
SiaFu
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

Regarding the size of the logos, I have a high res monitor so that's why they're big. Rasiermesser may be a bit large even for me, but I couldn't make a nice small one without it looking like gallows.

And yes, I've also thought about adding animated billboards, but I'd put that at the Factories or someplace more important. This was just a quick solution to differentiate those arms dealers. I may put the billboards in a future update.
For example: make those Bushido Kanji scroll every couple of ticks at their current size, since they're so popular.

Any further comments on the design of logos themselves?

BTW, I've rendered the new Agri station and will have the 1.03 version ready later today when I sync 1.01 and 1.02 XMLs.

Edit: New version v.09 of SFSpaceStations is up at xelerus (link in the sig)
Mods here & there.Banners thanks to: digdug .
stealthx
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Ah, sorry for my very late comments. I think the logos are just about the right size. But if I even have a tenth of your skills (but I don't :( ), I would add backgrounds to the logos, e.g. add a glowing sun centering at the word "shi" and about half the size of the logo length, with rays shooting out from it too. Or you might wanna add glowing borders around the logos, with the space between the logos and the borders transparent. I think the logo for Rasiermesser is too plain. The glowing coeff should be increased too.
Be the hope of humanity. Be a Gundam Meister.
Matz05
Anarchist
Anarchist

Cool mod. Im using it now.

I had something wierd happening recently: stations having the sprites of similar stations (that might appear in the same system). At least two Bushido shops had Raiermesser signs, but it happened with other stations. A Commonwealth something-or-other used Freehold graphics (modded). There WERE Freehold in the system I think... Has there been a real estate crisis?
SiaFu
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

I don't know the Freehold mod or what stations it overrides to cause this, you'll have to be more specific (with a name of or link to the mod).

You could check if any of the station overrides from other mods conflict with each other:
Open the SFSpaceStations v## 1_0# xml (check you are using the right version, it's in the filename for 1_01 - 1_03), and then comment out the offending stations by removing the " --> " (corporates are at the end of file).
You can then see the UNID (such as &stArmsDealerBushido;) and try and find if it comes up in your other mod's XML. Also, check the comments in the SFSPaceStations XML.

Then, try starting a new game and run straight to Rigel, see what happens.

For XML reading/editing I suggest Notepad++ and XML syntax colouring if you don't already have an advanced text editor.
Atarlost
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Freehold overrides nothing. It's purely additive.
SiaFu
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

OK, I've uploaded a new version. Seems I accidentally switched the Makayev and Bushido graphics in the last release. Still doesn't explain MAtz05's glitch.
I've also added the Armor Dealer as it shared the graphics of the besieged colonies.

stealthx, I've not changed the logos yet, but keep brainstorming. The sun is too small at current size and reduces contrast. Check your inbox.