Thermite Missiles / Cannons

A place to discuss mods in development and concepts for new mods.
IceMephit
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

I had an idea that I wanted to toss out there to all of you who mod. Thermite weapons that coat a ship like radiation does, but instead of a "countdown timer to doom" the weapon's effect is to continuously damage armor either by giving the armor "decay" enhancement or directly damaging the armor like most other weapon types do. It should have an aura like radiation, but in bright orange or red.
Also, there are several formulas for creating thermite, so it would be feasible to have different effects from different formulas for missiles.
Just an idea that I hope someone uses.

I am not a modder (I have tried and failed) it is a talent I do not have. So, run with it if you are interested.
For Sale: One slightly used EI500 freighter. Hull damaged, primary weapon defective, shields inoperable. Must be towed to Dry-dock. Make an offer!!
digdug
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

that sounds very interesting.

I have an idea for making it: use the same system as the pteravores: overlays

Now we need some custom nice animated overlay graphics for the metal burning and smoking :D
Ttech
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

digdug wrote:that sounds very interesting.

I have an idea for making it: use the same system as the pteravores: overlays

Now we need some custom nice animated overlay graphics for the metal burning and smoking :D
that is a great idea, animation of a leech on metal. :)
ThePrivateer
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Sounds quite interesting, but far above my simple level of modding! ;)

Still, just like the lamprey missile thread around here, sounds like one of those kinds of weapons that more often than not will end up getting used on the player ship... >.>
Ttech
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

ThePrivateer wrote:Sounds quite interesting, but far above my simple level of modding! ;)

Still, just like the lamprey missile thread around here, sounds like one of those kinds of weapons that more often than not will end up getting used on the player ship... >.>

hardly, just practice!
ThePrivateer
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Ttech wrote:
ThePrivateer wrote:Sounds quite interesting, but far above my simple level of modding! ;)

hardly, just practice!
... Some of us struggle to get cash to buy cool stuff, allright? :oops: ;)
Ttech
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

The cash part is the best thing in the game, because its a challange and never is it the same in multiple games.