One Day Mod Series: Ranx Escourt

A place to discuss mods in development and concepts for new mods.
RPC
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Location: Hmm... I'm confused. Anybody have a starmap to the Core?

One Day mod series: Ranx Escourt
This is just a personal challenge to make a one- day mod. I had all the stuff (various weapons, ships, wingmanbases) lying around various
XML files and decided to string them together in a semi-coherent mod as a challenge. All within one day. (or afternoon)

Unlike most mods, which seek to kill the player, this mod seeks to help the player by adding a Ranx escourt.
However, after much negotiation with the Ranx, they still don't come cheap.

Features:
-> A living, breathing Ranx dreadnought as your wingman.
-> You can even have a fleet of them! (as long as you have enough money)
-> You can also store your items as well (dreadnoughts have A LOT of cargo space)
Notes:
-> I changed the weaponry of the dreadnought from the Kiloton to my own modded weapon, the Ranx Beam Rifle, for both for aethetic reasons (it makes the dreadnought cooler in my view) and also because I didn't want the player to search for kiloton cannon shells (if this mod ever gets used in an adventure extension).

Future Functionality:
->I am planning to let you also PILOT the Ranx dreadnought as well, although firearcs don't translate well into the playership.

Any questions or comments are welcome.
Also: if you have any idea how to improve this mod or any other mods doable in one day, let me know.
Tutorial List on the Wiki and Installing Mods
Get on Discord for mod help and general chat
Der Tod ist der zeitlose Frieden und das leben ist der Krieg
Wir müssen wissen — wir werden wissen!
I don't want any sort of copyright on my Transcendence mods. Feel free to take/modify whatever you want.
Ttech
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Moved this to the Drawing Board as it is a mod in progress.
Spacepirate1015
Anarchist
Anarchist

Sounds awesome! I love the Ranx. When you make the Dreadnought flyable, could you add Ranx Gunships somehow?
RPC
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Yeah. Everybody loves the Ranx (George is even making the 1st official extension on them!).
I plan to have it so that you can 'launch' a personal Gunship and have a fleet of 10-15 gunships (money permitting). Thing is, when you run out of credits, the player's credits starts to get into negative values, so I have to find out a way to have the Ranx kick the player out into an Earthzone and gate out from there.
Problem is I'm currently trying to find it ingame, but can't- although I did find a box of Starburn Autons (I need to recast my vote for MOTM now).
I don't want any sort of copyright on my Transcendence mods. Feel free to take/modify whatever you want.
RPC
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Updated at 34 dl. Has anybody seen these in-game yet? Does Xelerus notify you when a mod is updated? There should be a sidebar for updated mods. Anyways, I added the ability to shipchange to the Dreadnought and a player- usable weapon. I'm thinking about how to get the gunships in as a fleet, so I'm trying to modify behavior in a wingmanbase. Wish me luck!
Drako Slyith
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer
Location: Researching how to make St. Kats star go supernova.

There is a newly updated sidebar on Xelerus. You have to go into your user control panel and you can select several customizations.
Play in over 100 systems in a network. Play the 2011 Mod Of the Year
and the highest rated mod on Xelerus, The Network.
Play the July Mod of the Month, Fellow Pilgrims!
Play My other mods as well
(Drako Slyith)* I am a person
(Eliza chatbot)> Do you believe it is normal to be a person?
RPC
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Reuploaded and fleets put on hold so I can work on Baddies in Banks and Baddies as well as make use of Quils3's graphics on Xelerus.