The Luggage Cannon?

A place to discuss mods in development and concepts for new mods.
rincewind
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

I want to develop a Luggage Cannon for my Discworld Mods and Ships. The luggage is sapient pearwood that protects the owner against all enemies foreign and domestic. I almost want to copy the ptevores reduce them down to missle size and off we go but I want other suggestions. Here is what else I have so far in the dev stage.
The Gonne: Banned in all sensible parts of the galaxy the Gonne fires everything in no particular order. I want to figure out how to randomize the shots say one time it fires ion the next laser the next pebbles or something.
Cohen's Coffin: Using the power of the Silver Hoard Cohen's Coffin will allow you to become very good at not dying.
The Piecemaker: A multi barreled kinetic weapon of some sort.
Amariithynar
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

...This sounds awesome and epic. I want to see the Piecemaker, Ser Detritus' famous weapon, as a sort of plasma torch/cannon but with a bit wider spread, and it be a launcher type weapon... That fires off its own rounds, any sort of ammo, armor pieces- You name it. just call it a silly line of thought on that. x3
rincewind
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

I was thinking of having the piecemaker fire Dibbler Sausages.
Drako Slyith
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer
Location: Researching how to make St. Kats star go supernova.

The only way I can think of making it fire different shots randomly is to make then normal weapon, but have it do 0 damage and 1 lifetime. Then, have a virtual weapon which has the code for each of the weapon fire events you want. Then, use this code:

Code: Select all

<OnWeaponFire>
(block nil
(sysCreateFire (random (list [put the unid of each virtual weapon])) gSource (objGetPos gSource) 0 100 (objGetTarget gPlayership)
)
</OnWeaponFire>
That can only make ONE shot. If you want a shot that makes more shots, i.e. dual, then you need to have another (sysCreateWeaponFire) and just change the code. The syntax is here: http://xelerus.de/index.php?s=functions&function=251
Play in over 100 systems in a network. Play the 2011 Mod Of the Year
and the highest rated mod on Xelerus, The Network.
Play the July Mod of the Month, Fellow Pilgrims!
Play My other mods as well
(Drako Slyith)* I am a person
(Eliza chatbot)> Do you believe it is normal to be a person?
Amariithynar
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

rincewind wrote:I was thinking of having the piecemaker fire Dibbler Sausages.
...So, one-hit-kill WMD?
rincewind
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

I am not sure I am tying the whole thing into a story which will maybe turn into something other then a ship mod. The essence of the story being Dibblers Sausage helps Rincewind find boredom after a long journey to the galactic core. I imagine it would be a Weapon of Mass Expulsion from what I have read of Mr Dibblers Sausages.
Song
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Amariithynar wrote:
rincewind wrote:I was thinking of having the piecemaker fire Dibbler Sausages.
...So, one-hit-kill WMD?
I think a combination of radiation and a low shatter value is more in order. :D
Mischievous local moderator. She/Her pronouns.
rincewind
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

Like a Medusa and Reaper together? Nice. The only thing is I would make it fire Octatrine instead of radiation. I also like the idea of it firing everything esp damaged weapons and armor when there are no tinkers around.