[Work in progress] Hellbender Pack

A place to discuss mods in development and concepts for new mods.
smoke_th
Anarchist
Anarchist

Do you remember that kickass game which was based on terminal velocity?..er no?...hm. Do you had windows 95 osr2 disk with demo games on it and found there that flying game?...no?....*sigh* m'kay.

History.
In 1995 Microsoft released windows 95 OSR2 disk. It was packed with tonns of demo-versions of games and multimedia files. And in demo files there was Hellbender (trial version). There where my work coming from.
Hellbender is a sequel to Fury3 and technical sequel to Terminal Velocity games, which was created by Terminal Reality studio.
One of the interesting features was full 3d (except sprite powerups and explosions) which has used directx 2(!) on full power. Rare example of using obsolete technology on full, i tell ya (another one is monster truck madness).
ImageImage

Now about mod.
The goal is to collect maximum objects from game (basically from trial version): Ships, weapons, probably remixes of ground objects as space stations. Co-goal is to include few objects as space stations from Chinese space strategy Life or Death 2: legend of doomsday.

So far i already done Hellbender itself and Valkyrie ion cannon. (sounds and graphics including val icon.)

Ship info:
This ship is from an unknown chapter in the war between Earth and Mars. In the middle of war, Ares created new type of gene-modified soldiers, which he called Bionid. They were formed from the scientific and military unit Bion. The main purpose of this unit was to create a weapon capable of destroying the earth with one shot, with the later conquest of the galaxy. Earth knew about it and decided to create a counter-unit, called SSO (Special space operations), to prevent the activities of Bion. The battle took place in a neighboring galaxy Vega, on a planets called Iowah, Morbos and others. In the end, Bion was defeated, but for price of several hundred soldiers. And only the last survived ship now lies in your hands. It got to you from your father who was a lieutenant in the SSO.
Valkyrie ion cannon:
The Hellbender's induction accelerators generate parallel heavy cesium ion beams. Inline recirculators paired with bunchers boost the beams' electrons to 200 billion electron volts and compress the beams into pulses every two nanoseconds. The pulses obliterate the target's neutrino cohesion causing a massive explosion.
The default weapon when starting the Hellbender.
(ingame manual)

TODO list:
*Weapons*
-Servokinetic double laser (skl): Rare expansion weapon which was suitable for hellbender only. Works same way as Valkyrie except of less power/longer distance.(you getting in only on mission)
-Rapidfire 500 (modified): omnidirectional qucikyfiring laser cannon (blue color).
-SSO missile quiver: default SSO launcher used for few missiles:
-Sledgehammer rocket: Uncontrollable straight-forward rocket. Have fair damage and moderate speed.
-Viper missile: homing missile.
-Scorcher warhead: slow moving warhead with significant damage (32~).
-Independence missile: superior rocket which made of 8 sledgehammers - on reaching 15 flyingtime (or exploding near enemy) explodes unleasing 8 sledgehammers which flying in random directions except direction of player.
-Hellion warhead carrier: same as Independence but carrying 8 Scorchers.
-Legion missile launcher (SSO mq mk2): unique launcher which shoots 4 missiles at 1 launch. Missile types:
-Legion missle: swarmer homing missiles. 10 damage each.
-Phalanx missle 18 damage. uncommon.
-Patheon missle 22 damage. rare.
-Doomsday nuclear mine: illegal, causing irradiation and sets target in panic, because of its blasting damage. (50).
*Ships*
-More ships from Hellbender. (including for fun only secret multiplayer ship flying van xD)
*space stations*
-Bion command
-Bion research facility
-Bion mining facility
-Bion barracks
-Bion mothership
(looks like entire new faction)
-SSO wrecked base.
-SSO small secret ops base.
*quests*
-Hellbender: Fury again:
Expands hellbender's story: you need to finish the job of cleaning up vega.
-Terminal velocity:
Acquiring personal SSO station for development of missiles and weaponry.
RPC
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Location: Hmm... I'm confused. Anybody have a starmap to the Core?

Looks nice! One question: is this a full adventure extension or an addition of new factions in Trans? If you want some retaliation events for some of your factions, just pm me :)
Tutorial List on the Wiki and Installing Mods
Get on Discord for mod help and general chat
Der Tod ist der zeitlose Frieden und das leben ist der Krieg
Wir müssen wissen — wir werden wissen!
I don't want any sort of copyright on my Transcendence mods. Feel free to take/modify whatever you want.
smoke_th
Anarchist
Anarchist

RPC wrote:Looks nice! One question: is this a full adventure extension or an addition of new factions in Trans? If you want some retaliation events for some of your factions, just pm me :)
Thanks for comment :D . And yes, i need adventure extension work. So i'll pm you.
shanejfilomena
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

it sounds extremely complicated and if you add retaliation you have to be sure a NON gaming computer can run it without too many problems .
Also....my main concern for the future of your concept is copyright :

I am not accusing anything :
remember that we are not the only readers of the forum:
there are many people with ideas ; if they don't do it right they do it totally wrong.

My main thought about your idea is the complexity of what you describe.....I personally wanted to " build colonies" but I have not gotten the codes I want yet ( they are in a zip file I have yet to open ) and I am not sure the game can take them.

the use of the Microsoft image brought the copyright item to mind. it might be a better idea to just use images from your screenshots.
Last edited by shanejfilomena on Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Flying Irresponsibly In Eridani......

I don't like to kill pirates in cold blood ..I do it.. but I don't like it..
smoke_th
Anarchist
Anarchist

shanejfilomena wrote:it sounds extremely complicated and if you add retaliation you have to be sure a NON gaming computer can run it without too many problems .

even doing my simple minded stuff : I have to search everything to be sure I can replicate what I want without replicating stuff others have done to the point of stealing:
in my latest extension I do replicates RPC's "escape ships"( and let RPC know I was using them for testing ) Hornet battlepods actually ,Not the RPC Earthzones, but they don't work.
the reason they don't work is because they were there for testing a different feature and disassociated them from the updated feature ( i just never pulled them because so long as they don't work you would only know they exist in the code if you LOOK....but who reads codes? )
Wait wait wait wait wait...... What copyrights? If you talking about hellbender, this is fan work - i used models, edited them a bit and rendered them into graphical files. Furthermore i don't taking any money for it, meaning nobody even can't try to say that it has been stolen. If you talking about Falcon CV huds i'll include them as source of some graphics..but seriously? Copyright on what? show me agency where it has been copyrighted in law way. Also copies of its copyright and document about this picture or pack of pictures is part of trademark which is registered in any country.
shanejfilomena
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

wow: defensive much?
I got shields you might like .....:)

smoke_th
Anarchist
Anarchist

shanejfilomena wrote:wow: defensive much?
I got shields you might like .....:)
:mrgreen: okay okay. i just like to answer on "your ass will busted" with extended answer. That's all.
Show them to me. (i'm about shields 8-) )
shanejfilomena
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

I edited my original because it was too long and as you pointed out: vague enough to be taken the wrong way: but I still stand by anything I say: I got two dogs,and live in Alaska , Im not skeered :)

the Corporate Shield is good for most things but you can still die if you get hit with too much at once:
the sung can take you out regardless of shields if your ship is not customized to ignore " shieldsdown"
( mine is not or it would not be fun to test).
My standard testing shield is the Corporate : for a player shield it is good if you are only after the bigger Hostiles. ( image added)

Code: Select all

<!-- Corporate Shield -->
	<ItemType UNID="&itCorporateShields;"
			name=		"Corporate Shields"
			level=		"8"
			value=		"90000"
			mass=		"10"
			frequency=		"Uncommon"
			modifiers=		"MajorItem"
			description= "Designed by the  Corporation to protect the Mod ships, the Shield can absorb great amounts of power before collapsing, If it does."
			>
		<Image imageID="&rsItems1;" imageX="192" imageY="0" imageWidth="96" imageHeight="96"/>
		<Shields
			hitPoints=		"100"
			damageAdj=	"85,85,55,40,20,0,10,0,10,0,10,15,10,15,10,20"
			regenTime=	"58"
			regenHP=		"55"
			depletionDelay=	"20"
			powerUse=	"1000"               
			/>
	</ItemType>
Last edited by shanejfilomena on Sat Apr 09, 2016 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

digdug
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

smoke_th wrote:
shanejfilomena wrote:it sounds extremely complicated and if you add retaliation you have to be sure a NON gaming computer can run it without too many problems .

even doing my simple minded stuff : I have to search everything to be sure I can replicate what I want without replicating stuff others have done to the point of stealing:
in my latest extension I do replicates RPC's "escape ships"( and let RPC know I was using them for testing ) Hornet battlepods actually ,Not the RPC Earthzones, but they don't work.
the reason they don't work is because they were there for testing a different feature and disassociated them from the updated feature ( i just never pulled them because so long as they don't work you would only know they exist in the code if you LOOK....but who reads codes? )
Wait wait wait wait wait...... What copyrights? If you talking about hellbender, this is fan work - i used models, edited them a bit and rendered them into graphical files. Furthermore i don't taking any money for it, meaning nobody even can't try to say that it has been stolen. If you talking about Falcon CV huds i'll include them as source of some graphics..but seriously? Copyright on what? show me agency where it has been copyrighted in law way. Also copies of its copyright and document about this picture or pack of pictures is part of trademark which is registered in any country.
sorry about that smoke_th.
There is no copyright on mods. (we thought about introducing licenses though, like CC, but that's another matter).
We do have a simple rule though: mods made with blatantly stolen mods or part of them are not allowed.
Besides that, any fan work is highly welcome.
Pushing the game engine to new directions and coming up with fresh ideas is something I would love to see.
The weapons you listed are all very doable. Just ask around, we have a few people doing graphics that would help with ships and stations.

In short, even if I'm probably repeating myself, welcome to the community :D
smoke_th
Anarchist
Anarchist

digdug wrote:
sorry about that smoke_th.
There is no copyright on mods. (we thought about introducing licenses though, like CC, but that's another matter).
We do have a simple rule though: mods made with blatantly stolen mods or part of them are not allowed.
Besides that, any fan work is highly welcome.
Pushing the game engine to new directions and coming up with fresh ideas is something I would love to see.
The weapons you listed are all very doable. Just ask around, we have a few people doing graphics that would help with ships and stations.

In short, even if I'm probably repeating myself, welcome to the community :D
I'm doing graphics too, so i'll probably will not need graphical help.
smoke_th
Anarchist
Anarchist

[retard]Hey, i finally recalled this game's name.[/retard]
now seriously, pc got busted and i lost all my work, furthermore i forgot that i were doing mod for transcendence (.....yeah i know i'm an idiot, i just were on vacation and found pc busted after arrival back).
Allright...so i'll try to recreate my work back.
digdug
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

welcome back smoke_th :D
TheLastBrunnenG
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

I'll be looking forward to this! Fury3 was a favorite of mine, as was Terminal Velocity. Somewhere I have MP3s of the Fury3 soundtrack, and I'll definitely have these running in the background (using George's new music-playing functions) when I try out your mod.
Vaiyo A-O
A Home Va Ya Ray
Vaiyo A-Rah
Jerhume Brunnen G
ImageImage
shanejfilomena
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

And ill keep you angry so you stay focused. ( pronounced as the Q in Transformers did ) LOL :)

Welcome Back :)