The Galactic Princess and 2380

A place to discuss mods in development and concepts for new mods.
shanejfilomena
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

I have restarted the Galactic Princess: changed some armor, weapons....and is being built in ( shock ) 1.06a.

However, I stripped out the .xml ( no longer so many systems ) one system especially, is currently named Rontgen.
Rontgen is your final system after you break free of Heretic and slip past the gate there........

I am still building it : I have several items on the drawing board but basically the Galactic Princess is " after Heretic what is next?" .
I did not intend on that, it just happened :

in my idea of Rontgen : which I am open to a different name : i
my idea is that you have Iocrym outposts : attack them if you want : rolling versions of the command ship that are NOT hostile ( exactly ) and versions of the Sentinels that would only be hostile IF you made enemies with the Sentinel AI ( I am not sure if you can escape Heretic without making the AI hostile, I never did it : but IF you can, then the rolling patrols will not be hostile )

then you have yet another regular Command Ship waiting for you at the last gate.
there are no missions exactly designed ( but a random station might have one ): no puzzles to figure out : if you can escape Heretic your "fine".........
My Questioning.....how deep do we go from Heretic? is one system "fine" or would you like to say......meet / join a war?......I got the ships....you could sign on with one of Commander Filo's clones and fight something.......Iocrym could be fighting a faction gone Rogue for some reason ......
I got the ships and the orders : i got the systems ( 160 of them to be exact, so setting up a battle field is no problem )

I was just thinking .....maybe get an opinion before I start some Galactic wars after Heretic.......
Flying Irresponsibly In Eridani......

I don't like to kill pirates in cold blood ..I do it.. but I don't like it..
shanejfilomena
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Being as nobody said anything I went ahead and made Point Rontgen : they get attacked by Iocrym fleets : something close to Point Juno just WAY harder but if you took out the ICS and the Sentinels to get there you should have the weapons and shields to fight for the station.
I am playing the Adventure with a Regulation Sapphire , no tricks, the galactic Omni device, etc are in the folder but I Know how to play the game without them : i beat the game in the freighter long before i knew about the existence of mods...a Freighter ! , thats like that commercial reminding a kid that older people did not have electronic games....." a stick ! she played with a stick ! " :)

I was just reminded while picking new armor that I had not transferred over my solar armor selection from Virkmar's inventory to the blank .xml Im re-writing the adventure in.....I love solar armor :) it is listed as solar plasteel: and is nothing special except that it's solar and Im a nut for solar armor.....did i tell you i love solar armor?

Anyway: the Iocrym fleets AFTER Heretic are not as tough ( dragged my cpu to hell so I pulled the originals and replaced them for the not so regular assignments : the regular Sentinels still exist , just they are not going to form up enmass again after that near crash I had earlier : )
the replacements are logical ships that , being as over time resources would dwindle, economies would collapse into political chaos : the latter inventories of most " advanced " military would get very technical and very cheaply made.....like on Earth.

So I reasoned that after the primary wars in the universe, the Iocrym fleet had to resort to cheaper materials for more disposable ships and try to hold the expensive (and obviously aging ) fleets for bigger battles.

And this does lead to my belief that the new Iocrym ships ( the crystal clear ones ) should be accepted and NOT replace the originals, but be added to the fleet to hold the more important areas while the aged fleets they depended on for 300 million years defends the rest because they would be " disposable" much like we still send out A6 Intruders as if they were ever worth anything but getting pilots killed in.

from the .xml the replacement ships have good Armor (hitPoints= "400") the Regular Iocrym Armor is tricked out at "325" ; a Nerfed fracture cannon ( plasma:20 instead of 50 ) + it still has the Iocrym Veil ( which is not saying anything: i picked off sentinels with a Omni Tev9 while sitting on Heretic's Star )
However, it's the CPU that is on my mind : a fleet of these ships , even Nerfed, could be something. So I am taking the game on + heading for Point Rontegen to try my guns on the Iocrym Fleets. In a Sapphire.......a sapphire !

** the hit points on the Armor could change, I will be taking an Im90 with me and If I fail to take out enough ships I will edit and reload until the player has a better chance .. but only using the IM90: No Missiles on the Sapphire :)
The battle is more " something to do" in the new system : not as if anyone would notice if the station falls.......but after you fight the original ICS your pumped up and ready for battle ......so the station and Iocrym fleet attacks would cover you on that :)

shanejfilomena
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

So far i Nerfed it down alot but I seriously do not like the way they sit on the station once they get there:

I will be comparing the Sandstorms to the replacement ships to see if the AI settings can be used to give the player a better shot at the ships if they get past the defenses and reach the station.
* note : after i Nerf it and adjust ,then Ill go back in a regulation ship to test play it: my cruiser is not Omni but it is still slightly stronger then the average ship.
Below are the Iocrym attack fleet as it is currently and the system as it is currently during the build
Last edited by shanejfilomena on Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:31 pm, edited 5 times in total.

RPC
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Location: Hmm... I'm confused. Anybody have a starmap to the Core?

O.o I love the idea of a system full of stations! :D
Tutorial List on the Wiki and Installing Mods
Get on Discord for mod help and general chat
Der Tod ist der zeitlose Frieden und das leben ist der Krieg
Wir müssen wissen — wir werden wissen!
I don't want any sort of copyright on my Transcendence mods. Feel free to take/modify whatever you want.
shanejfilomena
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

RPC wrote:O.o I love the idea of a system full of stations! :D
I tabled the stations so only the selected ones get pulled in: The stations are selected based on what I believed were the most likely ones that could find the " back door " ( besides the Military Fleet ) :
the ideal is to "take Heretic a little further" by allowing more mining and opportunity to trade so your player can gain more for the end stats : the Phantom gate is now a gate to STK which makes perfect logic since the Iocrym visited STK : so there has to be a way to get there outside the Containment field in a regular system.

I drew alot of inspiration from Lumen : my efforts to Nerf Lumen were also helpful in helping me try to build the system and while not exactly Lumen : I would like to see some Lumen-esk qualities so long as they are easy on the CPU.

right now the system has changed some since that picture was taken: the Iocrym fleet still needs to be checked out for the way they attack the station: I just thought it was a little unfair to the player and station that they sat on it .

++++++ have adjusted the ships so they try not to sit on the station :) and I am trying to push hostiles away from the station : they distract the guards
Last edited by shanejfilomena on Sat Apr 09, 2016 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

shanejfilomena
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

i think i got the second star far enough away that i should get less distraction : if the hostiles are too close the system load is slow.
Not all the stations are " regulation" ...the table for stations contains a few regulars like ferians but also my custom stations with missions : the Iocrym you meet in Rontgen are "custom" : except the bad boy you meet when you find the last gate........

Now was that One or Two ICS I was to put at that last gate?.....
Credit to Hatsuya Kanzaki : I added a trick to the game too :) LOL
Last edited by shanejfilomena on Sat Apr 09, 2016 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

erik dela cruz
Militia Captain
Militia Captain
Location: Patrolling Scarborough Shoal and the Spratlys Islands (West Philippine Sea)

Uhm... just one bit. I think the name is Roentgen, the nuclear scientist? :)
.....cry without weeping......
.....talk without speaking......
.....scream without raising your voice......