Stars and Sovereigns

A place to discuss mods in development and concepts for new mods.
shanejfilomena
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

I began to build my latest idea ( not exactly sure what it was, but i'll figure it out, I just know there is supposed to be a battle )...... in 1.07a

Unfortunately the topology was a challenge : i got past that to open my adventure ;
then i had a random error that turned into multiple errors and most do not have anything to do with anything in my adventure.
and at least one claimed a Crash that i never saw..
** EDIT :
I will continue in 1.07a , I am starting to understand the more complicated natures of it and since I already built a dock screen into a station for it I do NOT want to surrender.

As for the " battle" it is currently random fights and missions : I am trying to decide how to turn it into something bigger and push it into a area away from stuff i want to keep.......but the version has low tolerance for bad ideas so the going is slow :)
Last edited by shanejfilomena on Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Flying Irresponsibly In Eridani......

I don't like to kill pirates in cold blood ..I do it.. but I don't like it..
shanejfilomena
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

oooooooooohhh boy!!! is this FUN :)

Stars and Sovereigns is turning out to be a BLAST to play with :)

of course I know the stuff I put in so I am trying to be very careful shooting and constantly watching my stations for the stuff I want to see in them.

The funny thing about the Sovereigns part.....it was more obvious then in the regular game is that IF you kill a Zanthrope leader , not all the Zanthropes follow the player: some are following another Zanthrope...Strange but it seems they can do this and their code allows for it.
I found this out while attacking a station that my "followers" suddenly turned RED on me and I had to kill all the station hostiles to turn them green again...

for those that never noticed, there is a company in the game named Solon Industries ...I built a station for them .

the Adventure is about ready to play outside of my computer....I still have to check a mission and station spawning that sets it off : if these stations do not show up in the same system during the game I am going to have to MAKE them do it.

other then that it looks good. I edited the ores table to reduce the amount of ore delivered to it can be more realistic and easily carried....of course you will not get 20 tons of stuff you can not carry outside of a place designed to give you that much : but I edited the tables due to the ore being on mining class ships ( 1.07a carries an error about ore on the Borer ships so I changed that ship and the ore table amounts because sometimes it got very screwy )
Last edited by shanejfilomena on Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

shanejfilomena
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

I found the Gem Of Despair is not working properly because the game systems are a little different.......but I fixed it :) it works now.
Last edited by shanejfilomena on Wed Dec 28, 2011 7:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

shanejfilomena
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

1.07a is interestingly difficult to play with in terms of getting some things into the adventure : but that which will not play nice can just be replaced with things that do :) and you might never notice.......but i know you will.

I am testing battle missions (it is interesting ) . so far I have a few missions where the player gets wingmen : IF I am correct, they will get killed so the player can not amass them but it's a trade off.
as for the mission results.....they are crimes but I am trying to get the player some bail :)

the " bail " part was NOT inspired by any Mods...it is a " take " on something already in the game ( if it works )..i got tired of getting arrested in front of my wingmen :)

Drako Slyith
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer
Location: Researching how to make St. Kats star go supernova.

For the wingmen, if you use similar code to that in the CSC mission where you destroy a lot of sandstorms, then when it says "mission complete" send the wingmen home.
Play in over 100 systems in a network. Play the 2011 Mod Of the Year
and the highest rated mod on Xelerus, The Network.
Play the July Mod of the Month, Fellow Pilgrims!
Play My other mods as well
(Drako Slyith)* I am a person
(Eliza chatbot)> Do you believe it is normal to be a person?
shanejfilomena
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Drako Slyith wrote:For the wingmen, if you use similar code to that in the CSC mission where you destroy a lot of sandstorms, then when it says "mission complete" send the wingmen home.
While I originally rejected the use of military grade wingmen : i later found you were right: they would be a good option. However: to prevent the player from amassing them into a fleet....not all of them can be ordered around.
Once they get to the point of the mission their job is to draw fire away from the player: so they are not SUPPOSED to survive..but it will be ok if any do: once the player completes the mission there is going to be some stuff going on that they might appreciate a survive wingman if they have any. :)

shanejfilomena
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Oookkk :) I got a nice little treat the past few days of thinkering : I totally replaced the topology : everything works in the game as far as items, etc the way 1.07a likes it.
=======
random error about a ship NOT in the adventure: the Borer in the Adventure does not use the 'randomOre code , the error is for a ship in 1.07a that does : when the game loads it loads everything...but no fears: My Borer works :).
======
Ever think to yourself during a game " I should have taken a different ship " ? ..well I found that I had a ship stealing screen from another idea that died horribly in testing that works in 1.07a ( probably because it has something the other version did not ) ;

So you will meet random opportunities where you can get your ship "stolen" and take the ship you might rather have ( each encounter provides you with a different ship : ..and one where the game offers you the chance to change your playership ......just to cover that :)
==========

School of Exploration.....I edited that a tiny bits to add Decker into the mix to tell the player that the mission offered might be important to the Commonwealth.....I offer the player 60 thousand credits to take the mission.....However....

In the ORIGINAL mission, IF the player fails to return with the item to the school, the item has a code to punish the player, I am looking at ways to punish the player if they take the "bribe" and fail to return to the school as well.....
I believe I got to add to the playership data if they completed the mission...would really be horrible to have Pteravores chasing your ship like Molotok do......LOL. Nooes, they are too slow ...60K is alot of credits and the Universal Bank has more punishment for less...

I'll think of something ...evil..... :)

shanejfilomena
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

yes.....EVIL :) I did it :) i built in a punishment if they try to take my money :)
I also added a few things and if you push Decker too hard, you risk getting arrested....

I have station destroy missions: I have random fights : I expanded the Dall Sphere Mission ( main focus of the adventure ):
Yes......I think that covers almost everything :)
NOW I got to play it out and get to Heretic alive....without using any tricks other then insurance.
( once you play extras: playing it " regular " is very tough..but I think I can, I think I can...)

But I think this is going great : it is fun and funny : any buggy ways the version might have are not showing up to damage the adventure so that is a good thing :)

I am having a blast with this for once :) 1.07a is proving to be pretty easy to deal with once I got past it's major differences.

shanejfilomena
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Soo I am playing the Adventure, tinkering....

erik dela cruz made a request for smart cannon rounds ( again ) the isue with the rounds is that they are badly under valued in price and many players might assume they are not worth it to use...... I used them and several variations of them: they are good enough.

So, as usual, I increased their value : I also listened to Erik's suggestion about a smart MAG : the 900F Mags are deadly awesome:
I cleared Charon system with only the MAG launcher firing the 900F :) The 900F is an 800F with "tracking technology" : it does loose some shots and you have to stay in range to get a good hit....but I like it. I also took on the Battle Arena with it :)

** speaking of BA : as your playing the adventure, let Kate destroy the black market : it IS a black market and WILL have a bounty hunter show up after it is destroyed...Kate can handle them easier then the player and nobody gets hurt :)
Last edited by shanejfilomena on Sat Apr 09, 2016 10:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

shanejfilomena
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Madness!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I found the Galactic Map was not working and the reason I believe is that it is coded to the "system map" of 1.07a where we are more familiar with " system topology " .....Anyway, no fears :) being as I had a reward in the mix for the mission , and the map was not working for me : I pulled the map section out of the mission and moved up Decker's rewards to the player: actually I had to increase the rewards.

Anyway: that was the easy part.....then I found that the screens were not going right because (If ) the player returns or mistakenly returns to the school without the sphere, the Decker screen was waiting.........
( I had THOUGHT the sphere carried the attribute ' DallSphere : it did not. )

Soooooo, I had to up the power to find the sphere and pull the sphere off the playership before the rewards activated......
How did I do this? my most unusual friend for finding things on the playership is the Hotel ' HasID section...... I edited the Sphere to include the attribute I thought it had ( amazing how we assume stuff...LIKE, Bounty Hunter : the Molotok does not carry that in an attribute : maybe in one version or something I saw it or thought I did, but it does not in 1.07a )

Bounty Hunters : there are a few in the universe , we know that :) However when the Molotoks come after you , running to pay Mikho does not stop the ones already on you outside the station........
So I once did "this" with the Taikon bounty hunters : I set up an order for active ships of the class to gate after the bounty is paid :
the idea is that after you pay the debt you should NOT have to fight your way away from the station.....so all Molotok within an area of the station gate after you pay, the station that you paid should get fresh molotok once the others leave.

My 'friend in code for that was the Luminous scare program. so long as the ship has the attribute your after, it gates :)

shanejfilomena
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

And I think it is as done as it is going to get.

you got Asteroids with loot, strange stations with stranger requirements to get in : you require a Solon ID, which you can only get by doing the Solon Prototype mission......Inspired by the Dall Sphere mission but even with lower level technology it seems about equal to the Dall Mission in required effort, not as fancy, harder to actually get : but if you do get it, and you get the reward of the Solon ID, you will find out the Taikon are not really honest with the commonwealth who think they are just ordinary traders.

Ice and volcanic planets are "active planets" ( you will like the Ice planets ) : the Ringed giants can help you in a rare event, but it only activates on a given stimuli, do not expect it to defend your ship or itself from just anything.

stations that sell things usually buy them as well, but not always : Like armor.
Armor is a key item the adventure, you can not jettison it ; you must sell it.
you will find it will not be sell-able in stk except at armor dealers. why? because in stk there is a mission and you will understand if you get the right ( or i should say wrong? ) combination of actions going.

The Taikon are interesting peoples and nice to have around, the Black Market has a reward with promotions :)
Korolov actually rebuilds in Charon ( again ) so that system might be useful for a bit to the player.

Hostiles and friendlies........interesting play there: but you should see it by the time you leave Eridani.
Arco & Erika : when Erika calls up her allowance of raiders she will NOT send Arco after the player : standard Heavy Raiders will go after the player instead while Arco stays safe at home .
the reason is so that the player gets the mission to kill him and only a rare and unusual event could mess up the player's chances of getting the mission.

ok that is it for now.......Ill post what I have for the moment: and I will run a version of this in other versions of the game as well : but minus the parts that are explicit to the higher number versions like ship stealing........oops ....that was a secret :)