My first ship

A place to discuss mods in development and concepts for new mods.
Autohummer
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

I have managed to texture, render and then put a battleship design I have into T as an extension. Can anyone please take the ship for a spin and give me some comments? My request for an UNID has not been processed yet, but I chose one that should not be in conflict with any known mods.

One thing that I did put some effort into making is something that I call a "Dynamic ship status monitoring system", no fancy coding involved, just a special set of hud graphics. Just go and get the ship damaged to see it in action.

Link: http://www.sendspace.com/file/z7m32q

Credits:
Graphics is made by me.
The coding part is made by dissecting and modifying the BC304 mod.
Has resurfaced!
shanejfilomena
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

1.46Mbs is a very big file for a ship ; oooooo i see, it has images in it.

Perhaps you might want to post images of it in action and give us more details,

I have a computer that is protected very well, I will check this out.

p.s. I find it very good stuff but the UNID is not registered. easy fix if the Fleet Command likes it.

it needs shields and weapons: easy fix but would make a good challenge ship.

I think I like this, just too big of a boat for me.
Last edited by shanejfilomena on Sat Apr 09, 2016 10:40 am, edited 2 times in total.
Flying Irresponsibly In Eridani......

I don't like to kill pirates in cold blood ..I do it.. but I don't like it..
Autohummer
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Thanks for the tip and for trying the mod. Here are some screenshots.

Microsaur? Just why on earth would I want one?

Note the "Shields down" warning at the lower right. It will fill up if a shield is installed and powered, just like a conventional shield graphic. I'll post a screenshot with a full shield later.

This ship is a huge target, but still Arco have difficulty hitting it. Is that my problem or his?

Port wing is taking structural hits! Engine shell has sustained moderate damage!
Last edited by Autohummer on Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Has resurfaced!
shanejfilomena
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

EXCELLENT: I will keep this ( I am a nut for first off the press work ) : you can go here : http://www.neurohack.com/transcendence/ ... ?f=5&t=959

and request your UNID # to be included in the database : I do hope the others like this.

p.s. you made Arco look like he is getting old with his aim :)
Flying Irresponsibly In Eridani......

I don't like to kill pirates in cold blood ..I do it.. but I don't like it..
Autohummer
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Thank you! I have already lodged a request yesterday, but it seems that I will have to wait for the mods to log in.
Has resurfaced!
Autohummer
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Here is a new version with custom devices and weapons:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/vk5brq
Has resurfaced!
sdw195
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

"Dash_Merc - George is a genius, in that he created this game engine that is infinitely extendable"
"<@sheepluva>Good night everybody, may the source be with you." <-- FOSG dev
"You only need THREE tools in life - WD-40 to make things go, Duct Tape to make things stop And C-4 to make things go away"
Keedo420
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

shanejfilomena wrote:p.s. you made Arco look like he is getting old with his aim :)
In the first screenshot he sounds like a little kid. "Quit it! What, did I kill your pet microsaur or something? Quit it!"

:lol:

Nice ship btw, Autohummer. I'm not liking the orange, but the ship is well designed. It would not look out of place as a Ranx ship.
Atarlost
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Keedo420 wrote:
shanejfilomena wrote:p.s. you made Arco look like he is getting old with his aim :)
In the first screenshot he sounds like a little kid. "Quit it! What, did I kill your pet microsaur or something? Quit it!"

:lol:

Nice ship btw, Autohummer. I'm not liking the orange, but the ship is well designed. It would not look out of place as a Ranx ship.
I'd add too large for a playership (I'd be surprised if it fits into the Rigel arena) but the model itself is nice and the HUD looks functional. I salute you for not giving up and using an existing HUD. They're fiddly.
Literally is the new Figuratively
Autohummer
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

<Clarkson>Yes! It fits!</Clarkson>
Thank you, done.

http://xelerus.de/index.php?s=mod&id=1037
Has resurfaced!
Autohummer
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

大艦巨砲主義は男の浪漫です!

Finally, I have managed to add one of the things that makes a battleship a battleship: FULL BROADSIDE!

And thanks to Atarlost, Digdug, et al's omniswitch laser cannon mod, the broadside can switch from port to starboard and vice versa.

This version is now available on Xelerus.

However, there is a problem, each 7 shot volley only consumes one shell. Is there a way to make a weapon consume more than 1 ammo when it fires?

(BTW sorry for the double post.)
Has resurfaced!
Atarlost
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Autohummer wrote:However, there is a problem, each 7 shot volley only consumes one shell. Is there a way to make a weapon consume more than 1 ammo when it fires?
Yes. I'd suggest downloading Northwind if you haven't and looking at the <onFireWeapon> event in &nwiRepeatingBreacher; The code isn't quite plug and play, but it will work with only the modifications noted in the comments for any multi-shot weapon other than a repeating weapon where the duration of the repeat can exceed the time between shots.
Literally is the new Figuratively
Autohummer
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Thanks. Another problem solved.
Has resurfaced!
JDMatson
Anarchist
Anarchist

Oh man! That is a sweet HUD! I'm downloading it now so I can check out that broadside, too. This is some good stuff.
Ttech
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

That ship does not look too bad, it kinda looks like a stealth ship - something that would hunt you down.ß