Mining Overhaul Pack

A place to discuss mods in development and concepts for new mods.
TranscendentGeek
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

WillyTheSquid and I have been working on combining several mining related mods into a new mining overhaul pack, which includes some new devices, tweaks, and graphics. All mods used with permission by authors.

The following components are near completion:

1. Jam Corp Asteroid Scanner: So far we have a new Asteroid Scanner, which combines the Prospector mod and Asteroid Scanner mods into a single new device. This device is standalone and no longer tied to the miner's cargo hold. It has a dockscreen so you can turn on and off passive or active scanning. Passive from Prospector, Active from Asteroid Scanner.

2. Ore Smelter, Fuel Maker, Armor Extruder: Next we have my Ore Smelter and Fuel Maker mod. It has been tweaked with new graphics by Willy. It also includes a new Auton that allows the player to create Refined Armor Segments using the ingots produced by the ore smelter. The new Auton returns to your cargo hold after Undocking.

3. Graphics: New Ore, Fuel, and Ingot graphics from Willy.

4. Mining Weapons: New mining weapons including my dual omni converging mining laser, a mining laser array, the mini mining laser from WE, and a mining ablator.

5. Cargo Pods: As a future replacement of my Tesseract mod a new Cargo Pod mod has been created. It includes a Miner's Cargo pod that automatically collects all ore within range, a smugglers cargo pod, and a regular cargo pod. The pods act like cargoholds, but don't replace already instead cargo holds. Each adds an additional 100 cargo capacity and bypass noremal cargo limits. Only one miner and one smuggler's pod can be installed at one time. The plain Pods can be added as long as there is enough power to install them as like my Tesseract mod each pod requires 100KW of power per ton.

6. Mining Colony Upgrade: The above mods also add a MinerGear attribute to ore, ingots, and mining equipment. Mining colonies will now sell mining gear, offer to repair items, install equipment, and remove devices in addition to their previous services.

What else should we add?
RPC
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Location: Hmm... I'm confused. Anybody have a starmap to the Core?

Make mining colonies have a viable trade route. Also, it would be cool to see borers actually mining in game and firing their lasers, etc ;)
Tutorial List on the Wiki and Installing Mods
Get on Discord for mod help and general chat
Der Tod ist der zeitlose Frieden und das leben ist der Krieg
Wir müssen wissen — wir werden wissen!
I don't want any sort of copyright on my Transcendence mods. Feel free to take/modify whatever you want.
TranscendentGeek
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

RPC wrote:Make mining colonies have a viable trade route. Also, it would be cool to see borers actually mining in game and firing their lasers, etc ;)
I added the Ingot, Meds, and Lux items to what the Mining Colonies buy. You can now sell ingots to mining colonies at full base value and Medicines and Luxury items at 120% base value. I figure miners need to get drunk and get hurt alot :D
Atarlost
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Shouldn't mining colonies sell rather than buy ingots?
Literally is the new Figuratively
TranscendentGeek
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

Depends on how you look at it. If they are just bases for mining then they wouldn't likely process the raw ore. If they do process it then they would sell it and not buy it. So it is really are the Mining and Processing Colonies or just Mining Colonies?
Atarlost
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Either way they wouldn't buy it. They're not manufacturing centers. They're probably refineries for anything easy to refine though, it reduces their transport costs to refine early and increases their margin of profit even over the whole supply chain. Most, if not all, metals can be refined in a vacuum with a big mirror and a centrifuge. All it costs is doing maintenance on the centrifuge bearings. Fuel may be worth processing at a central location, but metals would be processed as close to the worksite as practical.
Literally is the new Figuratively
TranscendentGeek
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

Atarlost wrote:Either way they wouldn't buy it. They're not manufacturing centers. They're probably refineries for anything easy to refine though, it reduces their transport costs to refine early and increases their margin of profit even over the whole supply chain. Most, if not all, metals can be refined in a vacuum with a big mirror and a centrifuge. All it costs is doing maintenance on the centrifuge bearings. Fuel may be worth processing at a central location, but metals would be processed as close to the worksite as practical.
Ok, good points. Removed ingots from the buyer section.