Mining Overhaul Pack V2.0 Ideas & Suggestions Request

A place to discuss mods in development and concepts for new mods.
TranscendentGeek
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

WillyTheSquid and myself, with assitence from Amariithynar and StarWeaver are working on the next iteration of the Mining Pack, which will be called the Mining Overhaul Pack V2.0. I am trying to organize the project by collecting ideas and suggestions as a base to work from.

So what do you want to see to improve your mining experience? Please post ideas and suggestions here. Anyone contributing something that gets implemented with be given a mention in the credits. Come be a part of a new mod!
Patupi
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

The only thing I can think of off hand is actually a kind of conflict with playership drones v4 (Though it would also happen just from un-installing the devices). When you change ships you have to uninstall your scanner and smelter, and when you re-install them in a new ship they are reduced to starting level and you have to upgrade them again.
WillyTheSquid
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Are you using mining pack v1.04? We should have fixed that. "And then some" in TransGeek's words.

Regardless, we've fixed it even harder for the next release. ;)

“Normal people believe that if it ain't broke, don't fix it. (Modders) believe that if it ain't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet.” -Scott Adams

Resident mod-cobbler-together, freakspawn-fixer-upper & musical eclectro-ecumenologist.
If you love something, tweak it and twist it. Keep bending it until it breaks. Rip it apart, remix it, rebuild it. Kill your darlings and stitch them together again.

JOIN US ON IRC. IT KICKS ASS. JOIN THE HIVE MIND.
Place cursor on link. Click link. Never look back.
Patupi
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Ahh, yes I do believe I am... Have to wait till I FINALLY reach the core and can restart. I've restarted way too many times for cool mods to add in and have put my foot metaphorically down... or sideways... what direction does a metaphorical foot go anyway? Wednesday?

Last restart was due to my own mod 'Expressive Teratons'. Had to go over AND get all the way to the ringers/teratons to see if the darned thing worked. Do you know by any chance of a way of generating a station on current coords? I tried the one in the demo for Smart Tinkers but it wouldn't work. It'd sure be easier to just test in Eridani than have to go through from scratch each time.
RPC
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Location: Hmm... I'm confused. Anybody have a starmap to the Core?

You could use G.O.D. mod by alterecco or run Trans in /debug mode and use syscreatestation. I remember when I first started out I put an invoke on the Saph's recoilless cannon XD
Tutorial List on the Wiki and Installing Mods
Get on Discord for mod help and general chat
Der Tod ist der zeitlose Frieden und das leben ist der Krieg
Wir müssen wissen — wir werden wissen!
I don't want any sort of copyright on my Transcendence mods. Feel free to take/modify whatever you want.
sdw195
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

or, run in debug mode with Cheatcodes, and get it to auto spawn the station under you when the game starts :D
"Dash_Merc - George is a genius, in that he created this game engine that is infinitely extendable"
"<@sheepluva>Good night everybody, may the source be with you." <-- FOSG dev
"You only need THREE tools in life - WD-40 to make things go, Duct Tape to make things stop And C-4 to make things go away"
Patupi
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Tried the cheat codes thing in debug, couldn't get it to work. I used the code from Smart Tinkers that he used to generate a station on the playership position. I haven't started wading through the various code description pages yet.

For some reason though I never thought of the G.O.D. mod. Haven't tried that one yet. I think I'm running; no sell limit, playership drones v4, the network, 400 weapons, 912 reactors, 912 items, um... a few others too I think. Have to check up. Oh, Smart Tinkers... Mining mod 1.04... Tech analyzer... Repair droids and no dock nav beacons (that was a pain!)
sdw195
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Patupi wrote:Tried the cheat codes thing in debug, couldn't get it to work. I used the code from Smart Tinkers that he used to generate a station on the playership position. I haven't started wading through the various code description pages yet.

For some reason though I never thought of the G.O.D. mod. Haven't tried that one yet. I think I'm running; no sell limit, playership drones v4, the network, 400 weapons, 912 reactors, 912 items, um... a few others too I think. Have to check up. Oh, Smart Tinkers... Mining mod 1.04... Tech analyzer... Repair droids and no dock nav beacons (that was a pain!)
D: what did you have the problem with, also reply in this thread http://www.neurohack.com/transcendence/ ... =25&t=4576 and i will be able to help you with it :)
"Dash_Merc - George is a genius, in that he created this game engine that is infinitely extendable"
"You only need THREE tools in life - WD-40 to make things go, Duct Tape to make things stop And C-4 to make things go away"
Patupi
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Having an issue with a mod I'm making that used the debug console to generate a station to test the mod. I'm posting a virtual copy of this post in the thread you mentioned sdw195.

The code I put in my mod was virtually identical to that at the beginning of 'SmartTinkers':

<Globals>
(block Nil
(setq MakeFactory (lambda Nil
(sysCreateStation &stTeratonFactory; (objGetPos gPlayerShip))
))
)
</Globals>

and when you open the debug console and type in 'MakeFactory' this comes up... but no station :(

(lambda Nil (sysCreateStation 2039812 (objGetPos gPlayerShip)))

I even tried the Smart Tinker command just incase I was typing something wrong, but a similar error came up on that. Is it a mod conflict or something to do with the advances in the Transcendence version up to 1.08b since Smart Tinkers was made?

Any idea how to generate a station of your choice in 1.08b?
sdw195
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

see my reply in my thread, and you need to have it in ( ) eg (MakeFactory)