Kaos Expansion

A place to discuss mods in development and concepts for new mods.
NithrilDark
Banned
Banned

Call me crazy but I don't want to follow Oracus or Domina, however Domina and Oracus powers are very useful. The answer to this, make a third super being. I have decided to create a new super being, one that is far more evil than Oracus, and far more powerful than both of them COMBINED! His name is Kaos. I have based Kaos from a character in a book that I am writing called Return of Chaos. The character I have based him on is not the old god of chaos Chaos, but the new bringer of chaos Nithril Darkshard. See any similarities? I decided to adopt his name (or at least most of it) as my own screen name. But now I am getting off subject.

Anyway this new super being comepltely changes the game, as I don't want a repeat of the whole just-following-you-for-powers thing. Not only am I adding a new super being I am adding three new campaigns. Each of these campaigns follows either Oracus, Domina, or Kaos, and each campaign has a different set of battles. These new campaigns will be far more difficult than the game if you don't actively try to help your chosen super being. As your relationship progresses with either Domina, Oracus, or Kaos you gain different bonuses. Domina players gain hull repair abilities, get bonuses to armor repair items, and all armor repair devices will eventually not take up and cargo space, device slots, or power to install and use. Oracus players get a bonus to speed, maneuverability, and fire rate. Eventually Oracus player's engine upgrades will take up no power, and thrust to mass ratios will not matter. (I am going to change the game so that engine upgrades also increase speed and maneuverability!) Kaos players have bonuses to hull strength, shield strength, weapon power, and cargo space. All of these enhancements continue to increase as your relationship with your chosen super being progresses.

Each Super being has weapons, armor, shields, ships, items, and a whole new damage type specific to them! Kaotic weapons are strong and take huge amounts of power to fire, good thing Kaotic ships have built in sub reactors that give more power output. Kaotic items are all about chance, there is a chance that the ammo can do major damage, or it can explode inside the barrel and damage or disable you and/or the weapon. However Kaotic weapons have a chance to skip shields, inflict a random effects, or do any number of things. Each Kaotic weapon has several damage types that it can inflict along with the Kaotic damage. Disadvantages: Kaotic weapons have a chance to either take up no device slots or up to three device slots and can become inaccurate randomly. Domina weapons are focused light and have very high rates of fire and low damage to energy absorbing armor. Weapons of Light have increased effectiveness with shields and ignore stacking layers so no more looking more looking for weak spots. Domina ships have low fuel consumption and absorb light from the sun to make fuel rods. Disadvantages, almost any reflective, ablative, or energy absorbing armor cannot be damaged bu Domina weapons, and Domina ships are very fragile. Domina gives you more powers quickly and the bonuses increase quickly too. Oracus weapons use dark matter and always skips shields. Dark weapons ignore damage resistance, as do Kaotic weapons. Dark weapons cause armor to decay overtime, and can be very effective for long battles with lots of enemies. Disadvantages: Dark weapons fire slowly and do less damage and are less effective around stars. Oracus sips are fast and have small profiles, they cannot use big armor segments and they have smaller reactors and less device slots. However Dark shields are resistant to all damage types except for Kaotic weapons, and they recharge exceptionally fast.

Kaotic powers include teleporting you to the nearest Kaos temple or other Kaotic station for free repairs, causeing a wave of destruction that destroys all non Kaotic ships on screen, causing all the ships in the system to attack and destroy each other and their stations, beefing up your weapons, destroying all stations and ships in the system and then looting them. Each power recharges over a specific period of time except for the mega powers which require Kaotic Power Gems.

I forgot to mention that if you choose Kaos then all Domina and Oracus ships will actively hunt you down. Also all the Sisters of Domina temples, Penitent stations, and Kaotic stations all have specific guard ships, and the Sisters of Domina will have other stations. Oracus has Dark spheres, Domina has Prayer stones, and Kaos has power gems shaped like a tetrahedron inside another tetrahedron. Eachof these items cause certain events to happen that are unique to each super being.

There is a different end mission for each campaign specifically made to each of the super beings. Each campaign is made to over whelm the players weaknesses and render all the players strengths unusable. Also there will be an excuse for why you can use any powers for the last level so no using the mega powers or any other powers to win instantly.

The galaxy progresses like a less complicated Network and there are pocket systems controled by the followers of your supre being. The gates to these systems will look different and are already on your system map. In these systems there are no enemies and you can mine ore specific to your super being.

Kaotic systems are filled with Enigmatic ore that cannot be sold, takes up no space, and can be mined with and Kaotic weapon. Enigmatic ore can be used to make Enigmatic ammo which also cannot be sold and takes up no space. Enigmatic ore is also used to make Kaovors which function like Pterravores, except Kaovors damage devices, weapons, and armor. Upgraded Kaovor Hives shoot out Koavors which not only damage ships, but can disable them, overload their reactors, overload their weapons, and drain their fuel. Kaovor hives grow as your relationship with Kaos grows and eventually they use almost no enigmatic ore! Kaotic systems are filled with Anomalies that can damage, refuel, enhance, or apply a random effect to your ship. Anomalies are very common and each one has a random chance of doing something or nothing.

Domina systems are filled with selenium asteroids that can be mine with any Light weapon. Selenium ore is high priced but cannot be sold in Domina systems and is triple the weight of normal ore. Selenium can be refined into fuel rods that can enhance your reactor, unless you are using a non-light reactor, in which case it can damage your reactor. Selenium fuel rods cannot be sold and take up double the amount of space normal fuel rods use. Selenium fuel rods will fill up your reactor with one rod except for extremely advanced light reactors which may take two. Domina systems have rare Light Clouds that refill your reactor, fill it with selenium ore, and enhance a random Light device or weapon. Light clouds are rare and rarely do anything at all.

Penitent systems are filled with Anti-Dark matter ore which cannot be sold takes up normal space and can be made into Anti-Dark matter ammo or Anti-Dark matter fuel rods. Anti-Dark matter ammo is far more powerful than regular ammo and slowly deteriorates all dark weapon launchers except for those that have been enhanced with Anti-Dark matter at a Penitent Weapons depot. Anti-Dark matter fuel rods overload and destroy all non Anti-Dark Reactors which receive a slight enhancement each time Ant-Dark matter fuel rods are used. Penitent systems have Dark matter fields that damages all non Anti-Dark matter enhanced armor, and enhances your weapon power and another random device. Dark matter fields are very common and always do something.

Well those are all my ideas for now, but please give sugestions they will be read and maybe ignored. HAVE A NICE DAY! :twisted:
CYRUS KGABO
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Hi! how do i get a hold of the transcendence or is it an extension of some sort :twisted:
NithrilDark
Banned
Banned

It is an extension I am working on, and it will not be ready for some time. I have just posted this to hear feedback and suggestions. :twisted:
CYRUS KGABO
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Ok thats plus one like from me then.
matix
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

It's an expansion :wink: all mods are found here. :mrgreen:
Matix's Revolutionary Repair Items! Get it here !
Stronger Centauri! Download it here
Matix's Weapon Pack!: Find it here!
Preview: Momentum Cannons! Get it here!

IRC (Love it! :D):
[10:54] * matix pokes Guest33555
[10:55] * matix thinks its dead....
[10:55] * Katami shoots Guest33555 in the foot
[10:55] <matix> O.o
[10:55] <Hatsya> don't worry, it's a water gun
christian
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant