Fleet Commander: EB - Concept, progress, some explanations.

A place to discuss mods in development and concepts for new mods.
christian
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Good morning, after a really long time, I'm back :roll: , for now, at least, I'll not be able to keep real-time progress, but I'll try to update this topic at least one time peer week...

:oops: Well, I have been off for a long time, there is a long time since I stop playing transcendence, last version I did finished was 1.06 or 1.07 I guess...motivation issues, also affecting my job, that I'm about to ask for dismissal...All my projects are currently dead...I have some with finished versions, PunkGeek is at v5, NewStuff v2.5 ...But I'm not sure if I'm going to release it...and I have a request of update for Daedalus class Mod, I'll upload if I can, or want to, I also have the version v5.0 of this mod that I stop working at 80~90% to finish, but I'm not sure if I will finish it...

Well, now after this "short" story, lest talk about Fleet Commander: Earth Battle, well, the name isn't defined yet...But it'll stay that way until a better suggestion appears...

Concept:
Imagine no stars, in its place imagine a huge ocean...forget about space ships, and imagine a Guided-Missile class Destroyer engaging a AirCraft-Carrier...
Imagine a phalanx gun smashing an incoming missile barrage... A fleet of Su-50 engaging a equal size fleet of F/A-18 for air dominance...
The year will be 2020....Aliens might show up in the adventure...Anything can happen.

Thoughts:
This "Adventure", may be presented as a linear story-line, you finish all quests on the map, get an "key" or something, so you can acess the next level...

**And Yeah, you 'll be able to assemble your own fleet.
**I'm working on this for the last 4 days, and I intend to keep working.
**I'll complet this topic with more information through time.
**Any graphics are welcome, I'm working with 2D graphics for now, any ship, aircrafts, tanks, bases, weapons are welcome.
**If someone wants to help with beta testing, grammar corrections, back story, render & design of ships,balancement,scripts,codes...Any help is welcome...

Progress:
@Su-27 #Done
@FA-22 #Done
@F/A-35C #Done
@Su-50 #Done
@@Aircraft, Weapons system= Under development
@Missile Cruiser ship #Done
@Missile-guided class destroyer #Done
@4(2) Launchers, HE and thermal missiles == Might change to more launchers..
@Phalanx Gun, Missile defense system #Done --Positron demage, every hull in-game will be imune to it.
@2 Light gun, 1 dual, both with rapidly fire system, and overheat issues.
@1 Light Cannon #Need graphical improvements.
@1 Medium Cannon #Need graphical improvements.
@Low-End energy defense shield, really weak, only for minor defense, Phalanx and others defense systems will be the primary defense system. == Under development
@Space environment == Under development, might just use a huge "nebula" effect with a ocean graphic.
TVR
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

This mod has the potential to be incredibly fun, and I am certainly willing to help if requested, but my only question is: what kind of atmospheric flight model have you planned on using?

IE, how will the airplanes be controlled? How will they fly in the Transcendence engine?
Fiction is reality, simplified for mass consumption.
PGP: 0x940707ED, 5DB8 4CB4 1EF5 E987 18A0 CD99 3554 3C13 9407 07ED
Bitcoin: 1LLDr7pnZDjXVT5mMDrkqRKkAPByPCQiXQ
christian
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

:roll: By now, I have only the F35C working at "100%", because it has VTOL capabilities...so it doesnt look strange with the current stop>Accelerate method of transcendence...

But, with other kind of non-VTOL aircraft I planning to use a recoin-weapon engine based system so they wont stop moving, something like the fighters on CnC generalz\ZH...
With this recoil system, I hope, that the planes fly on circles around the controller ship\boat\carrier and don't stop moving even to attack...

About flight model, if you 're asking about aircraft engines....I would say, the current turbine system, there won't really have 'space' battles, at least for now, but, as I said, there might be alliens showing up, so may be(nothing planned yet) you have to pilot a 'alien-based orbital-defense battle-ship' to defend Earth against a Alien invasion...
And if aliens appear in this 'adventure', 8-) no they wont be weaker, or have big weapons and small hulls... :twisted: You're the one who'll have little weapons and small hulls...

And I also implement "defense shields", they wont be energy walls, they'll just absorb some part of the damage, the first shield absorbs around 30~40% of the damage...Primary defense of US ships 're still Phalanx based systems...

Project at DropBox:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/m8zq0x9jjprvlju/ITuaJkiylk

Its more an Idea than a real adventure for now...There isn't much things on the mod, yet, I'm still implementing and testing as have time, and as I "finish" something...I have more things on my computer, I'm uploading from my cellphone those files...I'll work some\several(maybe) hours on this mod today, but as I'm also trying to finish the PartI of transcendence main adventure, well, you know, less time to work... :lol:

NOTE: I'll update the "progress" of the mod probably tomorrow...
christian
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

christian
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

*Island desing, Mass X Speed, ocean view, Adventure Prologue, Adventure Selection screen.

New Projects:
System Lords - Build your own independent empire
Mobile Installer - Device to install anything(L0 > L5, L3> L7 & L5 > L9)
Stargate - The Will Of The Gods v1.0.0
Jay2Jay
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

What are you going to do about the stargates?
christian
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Well, actually I'm still planning that part :roll:
But, as the systems will become "sectors", and sectors will be divided into groups formed by oceans and continents....
...Probably a port\bay that will jump you to another sector...The hard part is to make it look good\pretty...
CYRUS KGABO
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

This all sounds too good to be true.i cant wait to play it.i totally like it.i hope u wil be able to finish it by the end of september latest.
christian
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

New project: Shooter: 2D shooter for transcendence ^^ its more an idea than anything else...

====

I'm working, really, slowly on those projects, well, 'cause of school, lack of ideas, codding issues....and most important, because I'm lazy...

====

The DropBox link is totally outdated...I'll try to update that some time in the end of the week...