"The Network" repaired

A place to discuss mods in development and concepts for new mods.
whaleduck
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Ok so I'm trying to repair The Network mod so RPC can have fun with it in his successions.
So far I have this, I fixed a lot of the Huari errors, but now it says It doesn't know what <Orbitals> are. Help? Please?
RPC
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Location: Hmm... I'm confused. Anybody have a starmap to the Core?

I'm also trying to fix Uncharted btw (if I can find time between classes), but a fixed Network is always nice :3
Tutorial List on the Wiki and Installing Mods
Get on Discord for mod help and general chat
Der Tod ist der zeitlose Frieden und das leben ist der Krieg
Wir müssen wissen — wir werden wissen!
I don't want any sort of copyright on my Transcendence mods. Feel free to take/modify whatever you want.
whaleduck
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

I am trying to fix the network because when it worked it was awesome. Uncharted gets kinda boring. Anybody? What is wrong with the code?
sun1404
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Well, I don't know what's wrong, but I have many problems using The Network, A well known one would be the Huari system being inaccessible, and another is a save-breaking problem that I suspect originates from the CW-Ares war branch(The one starting with Drear system). Saving in this branch, or sometimes after coming out of it, will break your save. Trying to load it will show the loading screen infinitely. I've tried loading for more than half an hour. (It might also be because the save file just get too big, it was about 33 mb.) :o
Yes, look at my avatar, I have a wyvera type ship.
whaleduck
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

sun1404 wrote:Well, I don't know what's wrong, but I have many problems using The Network, A well known one would be the Huari system being inaccessible, and another is a save-breaking problem that I suspect originates from the CW-Ares war branch(The one starting with Drear system). Saving in this branch, or sometimes after coming out of it, will break your save. Trying to load it will show the loading screen infinitely. I've tried loading for more than half an hour. (It might also be because the save file just get too big, it was about 33 mb.) :o
If you look at the code you will see the huari is deleted. And when I fix the <orbitals> problem I can see what you mean.
pixelfck
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Since I may have some time to spare, I downloaded the code and see if I can get it back into working order.
Download the Black Market Expansion from Xelerus.de today!
My other mods at xelerus.de
whaleduck
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

pixelfck wrote:Since I may have some time to spare, I downloaded the code and see if I can get it back into working order.
Thanks!
pixelfck
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

I made some progress: I've ordered most of the chaos, removed some of the more obvious bugs and will fix the system topology.

I decided that is the save-breaking bugs is *not* in the system topology, I will abbandon the repair efforts; there is just too much copy-paste spagetti and I just have no idea of what was intended.
whaleduck
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

pixelfck wrote:I made some progress: I've ordered most of the chaos, removed some of the more obvious bugs and will fix the system topology.

I decided that is the save-breaking bugs is *not* in the system topology, I will abbandon the repair efforts; there is just too much copy-paste spagetti and I just have no idea of what was intended.
I intend to delete the huari from The Network so it will work in Transcendence 1.2a and (possibly) beyond. If you download the original mod, I believe you get an error relating to the Huari. I want to have the code fixed, and available on GitHub for anybody with internet and a computer to download..
whaleduck
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

pixelfck wrote:I made some progress: I've ordered most of the chaos, removed some of the more obvious bugs and will fix the system topology.

I intend to delete the huari from The Network so it will work in Transcendence 1.2a and (possibly) beyond. If you download the original mod, I believe you get an error relating to the Huari. I want to have the code fixed, and available on GitHub for anybody with internet and a computer to download..
FourFire
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

well make sure to post your WiP repairs somewhere on xelerus and link on The Network mod page
(func(Admin Response)= true){
if(admin func(amiable) = true)
Create func(Helpful Posts)
else func(Keep Calm and Post derisive topics)}
pixelfck
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

I've posted a repaired version on xelerus: http://xelerus.de/index.php?s=mod&id=1321

I've fixed quite some topology errors and (re)moved all double declared entities so they now properly overwrite their original and do no longer cause unexpected results.

The adventure seems to work now. However, if you find any errors, please post them here.

~Pixelfck
Jay2Jay
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

You are an angel sent from heaven pixelfck
Cardinal22
Anarchist
Anarchist

I'm getting:

"Cannot create system Huaramarca: Unknown station type: 0x08020107"

On Win7-64, Transcendence both 1.1 and 1.2, any ideas?
pixelfck
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Unfortunately the Huaramarca system has always been a pain in the ass. Anyhow, I'm don't have time to go and fix this mod at the moment.

Alternative options for playing with more interesting (and dynamically generated) network of starsystems are: Cheers,
Pixelfck