SEMESTA 2.0 REBOOT

A place to discuss mods in development and concepts for new mods.
DigaRW
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Hello everyone! Guess who is back! \(^o^)/
Well... it has been a year or more since I didn't visit this forum. Actually I often visit this forums to see Transcendence development, but I'm bit too anxious since I didn't brings any mods update nor playing this game since then. Yet this pandemic got me into worse boredom and I'm stuck at the place far from home. So then, I wrote some plan for my mods and post it here for later after situation getting better.

I haven't been into modding stuff for a quite long time, so I kinda confused with what I've done to Semesta mod and what I should do to improve it. I decided to reboot this mod to a new one: SEMESTA 2.0 REBOOT. Yeah, everything in this mod is a rip off from SEMESTA I.G.C. Some will be saved; much will be added; several will be changed; and rest will be removed. The Semesta itself is also no longer corporate-style faction. It now is an empire (I might write some narrative history later). I'll try update this thread occasionally.

ABOUT SEMESTA EMPIRE

Semesta formerly is a small corporation founded by Raden Jaya in 2360. It quickly reaches its great time with its sentinels, but also quickly falls during Corporate Hierarchy tension event. Semesta then went out from the hierarchy. Then in Nusantara system where as Semesta base located, Raden caught several Iocrym vessel passing by. He and his team followed their trails and it end at mystical Malacca system. The system has strange green star. There is no sight of Iocrym however. They only found an abandoned Iocrym outpost with several Iocrym ship's wrecks. There also a broken stargate not far from outpost.

After several researches on abandoned Iocrym outpost, Raden found a hope. He discovers Padamium, an exotic elements produced only from Malacca's star emission. New Semesta armors such as Rompi, Lamina, and Zirah designed with Padamium coats. He also got very much cash after selling looted Iocrym equipment to the black market. Raden make use of them to rise up his corporation.

However, Raden's successes cause suspicion from Commonwealth official. They send spies to the Semesta and found out about Malacca system. They then demanded Raden to cease his corporate activity and hand over the Malacca for more potential research prospect. Raden refused. He doesn't want loose a system that gave him prosperity. He then ordered his men to capture Commonwealth mining colony in Nusantara system as a warning.

Commonwealth considered this action as rebellion act. They boycotted Semesta products and started arming their militia. At same time, Raden start transmitted his black campaign on many factions to gain his strength, especially to Malayan race. Many Malayan people support him. They usually from low class labor such as miner. Over ten thousand peoples migrated to Semesta and joined them. Despite Semesta is building its strength quickly, Commonwealth still confident to put their rebellion to end. They set their position at Banda system. Semesta do the same.

However, a day before war happens, Commonwealth spy found out over 25 Semesta reinforcements from Malacca are arrived at Nusantara. The reinforcement ships armed with Hancur cannon; a thermonuclear weapon. This is terrible news. Commonwealth Fleet already struggling fighting with Ares and they can't just call their fleet back to aid their battle to Semesta.

They then opened negotiation with Raden Jaya in 2375. They offered several benefited cooperation, but Raden wanted more than it. He wants his dominance in Overseas Dominion and they recognized Semesta's sovereignty. While there is disagreement between Commonwealth officials, but they finally agreed and proceed to make Palapa treaty.

Semesta Empire was born.
Last edited by DigaRW on Fri Jul 17, 2020 7:25 am, edited 7 times in total.
Download Transcendence mods from Reinvented Workbench Project!
Click this link!
DigaRW
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

A. Armor

1. Rompi, Lamina, and Zirah plate

- Rompi plate
"This light plate has a chance to ignore damage from enemies fire."

- Lamina plate
"This plate designed by Semesta with some chance could totally mitigate damage from most human weapons."

- Zirah plate
"This heavy plate is coated with dust originated from strange asteroid in an ancient system."

Semesta armors has been revolves around heavily modified armor. In previous mods, there is Zirah plate that has a chance to slightly paralyze and damages ship's armor. Zirah also have some variant: super-heavy and HR that has specific resistance toward one damage.

For the Reboot mods, the Zirah-themed armors is replaced its ability to ignore damage with 5% chance. For balancing, these armors have relatively weak hitpoints than vanila armors (despite complete bonus). Its variants also a bit different from previous one. It used several terms for weight-based variants. Rompi plate for light weight variant; Lamina plate for regular weight variant; and Zirah plate for heavy weight variant.

2. Cangkang plate

"This light model reduce detection from most standard scanner and made specifically for Semesta sentinels."

Next up is Sentinel plate. The main traits of this armor is stealth. While there is no much changes except removed additional ability such as radiation immune, the armor renamed to Cangkang plate.

3. Dinding plate

"Dinding plate is a massive reinforced plate and commonly used for Semesta primary stations."

And the last armor is new one, Dinding plate. It's just a massive armor that has very high hitpoints with lowered level resistance to compensate. Dinding plate made for station structure.
Last edited by DigaRW on Wed Jul 01, 2020 1:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Click this link!
DigaRW
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

B. Shield

1. Tameng Tangguh

"Tameng Tangguh utilizes extendable strength by installing Semesta armors. This traits also inherented to other Tameng."

In previous mods, Tameng is kinda mess. Much of them is has random traits or abilities, such as Tameng CM6 that release weapon fire when shield is down, or Tameng EE2 that jumping player to several lightsecond from last position. Last time I checked, I feel they way too much imbalanced compared other Semesta stuff (Yeah, I have been thought most of Semesta stuff is pretty overpowered).

Well, I think I would start with something basic. While it's a bit different with vanila shield, but its series will be more sortable. So, I introduce you with a new Tameng Tangguh. This shield is relatively weak, but its strength is extendable if specialized Semesta armors (Rompi, Lamina, and Zirah) installed. Their regeneration is also similiar with regular shield.

2. Tameng Utuh

"Tameng Utuh is a first generation of Tameng Tangguh. This shield strength solely relies on projection field from Semesta armor."

Tameng Tangguh also have level 1 version: Tameng Utuh. This Tameng by default has 0 hitpoints and relies on strength extension of Semesta armor.

3. Tameng Silau, Ganas, and Duri

- Tameng Silau
"Tameng Silau is enhanced Tameng Tangguh with 5% chance to paralyze enemies during hit. 60 ticks for level 3 or 120 ticks for level 5."

- Tameng Ganas
"Tameng Ganas is enhanced Tameng Tangguh with 5% chance to increase firepower during hit. 400 ticks for level 5 or 800 ticks for level 7."

- Tameng Duri
"Tameng Duri is enhanced Tameng Tangguh with 5% chance to feedback enemies during hit. 10 ion damage for level 7 or 20 ion damage for level 9."

Meanwhile, there also three new enhanced types of Tameng series: Tameng Silau, Tameng Ganas, and Tameng Duri. Each of these Tameng have 5% chance to do some abilities. Tameng Silau partially paralyze enemies; Tameng Ganas increase firepower for certain duration; and Tameng Duri feedbacks enemy ship with ion damage. These Tameng also has extendable strength inherented from Tameng Tangguh.

4. Tameng Langit

"Recovered from ancient Malacca system, Tameng Langit has all abilities from enhanced Tamengs."

The apex of Tameng series is Tameng Langit. Its 160 hitpoints also can be extended with specialized Semesta armor. Tameng Langit has 10% to paralyze for 120 ticks, increase firepower for 800 ticks, and feedback enemies for 20 ion damage.
Last edited by DigaRW on Mon Jan 04, 2021 1:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Click this link!
DigaRW
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

C. Weapon (Common)

1. Senjata Mesin series (SM82 and SM28)

- SM82 cannon
"Standard version of Senjata Mesin 82. It consumes less power than turreted one. With high fire rate and good punch, it's commonly used by their sentinels."

- SM82 turret
"Inspired by the MG42, Semesta weapon designers created this SM82 turret cannon. With omnidirectional turret, high fire rate and good punch, this weapon is useful for defending the ship."

- SM28 cannon
"An upgraded version of SM82. It firing a small blast shell. The SM28 keeps the main advantage of the SM series, a high rate of fire."

- SM28 turret
"Semesta designed this weapon after successfully bringing the SM82 into the market."

SM series has been backbone of this mods since its first release. It's done very well and doesn't face many issues till its latest update. I really like these weapon as my great alternative if I want to do a run with matter weapon. It might have some changes on future release, but probably just balancing stuff.

2. Akurat longreach cannon

"Using 4.51 cm rounds of depleted uranium substance, the cannon can deals massive damage to armor. It requires Akurat ammo."

Akurat is one of my favorite weapon. It's fun to use and a bit a challenge for single fixed-mount weapon fan. Sadly, it had to be nerfed a little. Despite shield buster buff is being useful, but I think it would be best if it would replaced to WMD:3. It would help player to stand against capital ships and station. They still have armor penetration buff though.

3. Deras cannon

"First Semesta weapon that combines hyper velocity and a high rate of fire, but recalled many years ago due to also being highly inaccurate. Oddly, SSS still uses this weapon for their sentinel."

Deras cannon was not quite used by player since its low damage. I have been thought several time to buff them, but I would lost a level 2 weapon. Perhaps I could leave it untouched since it made for sentinels.

4. Bubuk cannon

"Bubuk cannon spreads large amount of particle that barely able scratch metallic plate. This is the weakest weapon that used extensively by SSS for their sentinels."

In reboot mods, I'll replaced its damage type from blast to kinetic. It also slightly increased damage so sentinels could use it effectively.

5. Hancur cannon

"Semesta designed Hancur cannon to flip up major turn point during crisis against Commonwealth. The ammo shells that fired by this weapon explodes a 50-kiloton thermonuclear warhead."

Hancur cannon, formerly Cahaya Pembinasa cannon, is a thermo cannon clone with radius damage. I think its damage might be lower compared with Lucifer missile, but I don't know until I test it.

6. Neraka longreach howitzer

"This thermo siege weapon utilizes hypervelocity to effectively gain more damage towards capital ships and military instalations."

In previous mods, [Lidah] Neraka longreach howitzer behaves like M2 Vulcan missile. Now, it only has hypervelocity. While not powerful as its predecessor, it would play good for level 8 weapon.

7. Sembur cannon

"Semesta succesfully replicated Iocrym's weapon after obtained it from abandoned Iocrym outpost. Despite not quite strong as the original one, it has longer range."

I recall in previous mods, I only tried it once for testing. So I don't know how good Sembur cannon at that time to the game. For reboot mods, I'll make it level 9 weapon with longer range and tighter spread; passthrough is also removed.

8. Kejora archcannon

"Recovered by Semesta along with Tameng Langit, Kejora archcannon launches slow ion projectile that damages its sorrounding."

The only energy-type weapon made by Semesta (Semesta Empire produce matter weapons; energy weapons are produced by Kuasa Kritikal). Kejora in general deals around half damage from Ares plasma archcannon, but it has ability to damage its sorrounding during launch (might including player). It will use <OnUpdate> event for its effect fire.
Last edited by DigaRW on Sat Jun 13, 2020 9:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Click this link!
DigaRW
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

D. Semesta Weapon (Kuasa Kritikal)

1. K1K Blaster

"With Magnetic Thermal Modulation, this Kuasa Kritikal weapon allows laser beam to track target."

2. K3K Blaster

"This single-mount laser blaster uses ReFrag technology, which fragments into several weaker beam."

3. K5K Blaster

"Secretive Kritikal Kuasa constructed this particle weapon that can passthrough ship's hull."

4. K7K Blaster

"This is an advanced version of the Kuasa Kritikal blaster. It shooting ion beams that attach to ship and continously damage armor."

5. K9K Blaster

"The ultimate experimental energy weapon by Kuasa Kritikal Technology. It has all advantages of the series."

For this mods, Penguasaan Kritis Technology has been renamed to Kuasa Kritikal Technology. Their weapons has renamed as well. So far, these energy blaster is balanced. However, I'll swap the tracking ability to level 1 and reflective ability to level 3. Moreover, reflective turned into ReFrag: the yellow laser beam will reflected into two orange laser beam and then reflected again into two red laser beam.
Click this link!
DigaRW
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

My phones were broken and now everything that I have planned on this mods were vanished. Amazing.... (-_-)

However, there is a good news. I'm back home and now currently making this mods.
Attachments
Untitled2.png
Untitled2.png (164.77 KiB) Viewed 18028 times
Click this link!
DigaRW
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

For the next update, mostly composed of Kuasa Kritikal blaster series. However, there is one particularly new is Tambang cannon. Since the game doesn't have mining blasting-type weapon, so I created one. Instead making basic blasting weapon, I made five-spread blasting ammo weapon. It might relatively tight than expected. If there is any suggestion, let me know.
Attachments
Particularly effective to primordial and volcanic asteroid.
Particularly effective to primordial and volcanic asteroid.
Untitled.png (762.46 KiB) Viewed 17973 times
Click this link!
DigaRW
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

On second thought, I should remove ammo configuration because it's obviously ridiculous one ammo could shoot five-spread weapon. Semesta Launcher is exception though; they uses missile packs which is heavy.
Click this link!
wnmnkh
Miner
Miner

DigaRW wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 2:37 pm
On second thought, I should remove ammo configuration because it's obviously ridiculous one ammo could shoot five-spread weapon. Semesta Launcher is exception though; they uses missile packs which is heavy.
It is not that ridiculous. I believe things like IM7 shoots 5 shots from one ammo, as well as the energy launcher from EP.
DigaRW
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

wnmnkh wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 4:32 am
It is not that ridiculous. I believe things like IM7 shoots 5 shots from one ammo, as well as the energy launcher from EP.
Ah right, Dragonfly cannon also does that. In realism it is also possible to have weapon shooting five projectiles from one ammo. But I still hesitated to either turn it to ammo weapon or stay ammoless.
Click this link!
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Check out the ANHI launcher from Corporate Command.
Download and Play in 1.9 beta 1...
Drake Technologies (Alpha): More hardware for combat in parts 1 and 2!
Star Castle Arcade: Play a classic arcade game adventure, with or without more features (like powerups)!
Playership Drones: Buy or restore exotic ships to command!

Other playable mods from 1.8 and 1.7, waiting to be updated...
Godmode v3 (WIP): Dev/cheat tool compatible with D&O parts 1 or 2.
DigaRW
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

PM wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 12:14 pm
Check out the ANHI launcher from Corporate Command.
I don't play Corporate Command, unfortunately. :(
Click this link!
DigaRW
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Suddenly, some ideas come to my head. Perhaps I will add one more mining weapon (Shockwave-type). This weapon have relatively small blast shockwave. I might add them as Thermo weapon, but usually players often left from mining in late game unless they desperate for money.

By the way, for the next update, it only add Serbaguna Launcher. However, there is a major changes for its ammo. I also writing Readme in PDF file. This one is more time-consuming than modding. xD
Click this link!
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

For what it is worth, I mine Heretic if I get jumpdrive and plasma torch early enough because Heretic is safe enough and it is easy money. That said, I also abused Pilgrim's Aid when I mined Heretic (before 1.9b1), and that has been redone (no more donate two or three fuel rods for free refuel of 500+MW reactor).

If the new mining weapon is for post St.K's, it should be tier 3 damage (ion or thermo) or better.
Download and Play in 1.9 beta 1...
Drake Technologies (Alpha): More hardware for combat in parts 1 and 2!
Star Castle Arcade: Play a classic arcade game adventure, with or without more features (like powerups)!
Playership Drones: Buy or restore exotic ships to command!

Other playable mods from 1.8 and 1.7, waiting to be updated...
Godmode v3 (WIP): Dev/cheat tool compatible with D&O parts 1 or 2.
DigaRW
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

PM wrote:
Fri Jul 17, 2020 2:04 pm
If the new mining weapon is for post St.K's, it should be tier 3 damage (ion or thermo) or better.
Ah, that would be great.
Click this link!