Duplicated UNID Error.

A place to discuss mods in development and concepts for new mods.
wnmnkh
Miner
Miner

I am surprised there is not a single post about this seemingly common error.

I am trying to overwrite the certain entity. Now, I wrote the altered entity that should overwrite the game's original entity.

Except I keep getting this UNID Error. The more puzzling thing is that those entities from expansions (e.g Corporate Command) do not suffer this problem. It seems certain entities from base game create this error.

Just what possible causes for "Duplicated UNID Error". other than trying to create a new entity that uses same UNID as ones that are already using?
DigaRW
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Duplicated UNID error usually caused by two identical entity and UNID that declared at same time. If you wanted to overwrite some core elements such as ship or item by your mods, you should not declare them with identical entity (&unidxxx;) or identical UNID (0xXXXXXXXX) in entity list in your mods. Instead you could already overwrite any element in your mods with original entity from the core game. Recent API also add a new method to overwrite a base game with mods. Although, I believe basic overwriting method still works in the game.
Download Transcendence mods from Reinvented Workbench Project!
Click this link!
wnmnkh
Miner
Miner

DigaRW wrote:
Wed Jul 15, 2020 6:00 pm
Duplicated UNID error usually caused by two identical entity and UNID that declared at same time. If you wanted to overwrite some core elements such as ship or item by your mods, you should not declare them with identical entity (&unidxxx;) or identical UNID (0xXXXXXXXX) in entity list in your mods. Instead you could already overwrite any element in your mods with original entity from the core game. Recent API also add a new method to overwrite a base game with mods. Although, I believe basic overwriting method still works in the game.
Thank you for the response.

I talked to the guys at the Discord... and it turned out I wrote one of the module files... twice. Removing duplicated mention solved the problem. Seadragon said he may add some sanity check for like this case in future.