Sugestion : Battery

Post ideas & suggestions you have pertaining to the game here.
Czert
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

battery serve as energy soucre for special devices (cloaking devices, trator beam, others..)
emerency power source (in case of out of fuel, preventing reactor overload)
and reinfoncing shield.
Of course, battery have limited capacity and will be charged from reactor.
Permanent (but upgradable) or optional device ?
Betelgeuse
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

hmm a battery sounds more like a useable item that increases the power output of your reactor for a limited time. I would use them :D Sounds like a very usefull item.
Just think of it you have overloaded your reactor and are dependent on batteries but you have just run out. What devise do you disable? Weapon and dash looking for friendly station? Shield to crack that base that is almost down and you think your armor can take it?
Crying is not a proper retort!
F50
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

I like that alot Betelgeuse. The only reservation I have is that the enemy must be able to use them. They might also be able to add to other devices for a temporary effect than your reactor (as different types or multiple uses like the Longhuzus) like add to the thrust of your engine to escape/pursue, shields recharge faster/recharge instantly(like superconduct) etc..
Revolver
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

sounds like an interesting idea, if it modifys energy based items, like shields and reactors, would it have any effects on laser weapons?
Czert
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Betel have right, my idea is battery serve as increased power output for limited time, and to special purposes (power special devices, reinforce shields).
Not to modify power of wepons/shields - but this sounds interesing (another battery type).
Im see the advertising, buy batteris to increase you combat abilities. Best at Czert TechCorp. :lol:
Czert
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Shameless BUMP. :D
My English, may be poor, but better than yours Czechs.

Do you chalenge me ? But be nice :-)) http://czert1938.mybrute.com
Prophet
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

This is possible, I made a reactor that could go into overdrive mode for a short time, providing a higher energy output for a short time at the cost of fuel efficiency.

Useable items would be really neat and not too difficult. I'll try and put together a concept mod in the next week.
Coming soon: The Syrtian War adventure mod!
A Turret defense genre mod exploring the worst era in Earth's history.
Can you defend the Earth from the Syrtian invaders?
Stay tuned for updates!