George: Weapon events on enhancer devices

Post ideas & suggestions you have pertaining to the game here.
alterecco
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Someone on IRC today requested that it be possible to make a ROM or a device that would allow ones weapon to have a certain percentage of its damage pass through it's targets shields. The only suggestion I could come up with would involve having a copy of every weapon possible with the event handling hard coded in. Obviously, not a good solution.

I suggest that enhancer devices allow the <Event> tag. Then we could have a device that added an OnDamageShields (or OnFireWeapon!) to all applicable weapons. I think that would be very cool.

If this sounds good, and is the easiest solution, I will add it as a ticket to trac.
Last edited by alterecco on Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Get your own Galactic Omni Device
Get it now. It's free!!
digdug
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

an idea that came up in IRC as a solution to this is a function that would work as objSetEventHandler for items, so itmSetEventHandler.

So that devices and weapons could inherit all sort of events and behaviours to dynamically affect them.
muffildy
Anarchist
Anarchist

another idea that would use this function is to apply an effect to weapons that would make the weapon decay the resistances of the enemy armor progressively with each hit.
alterecco
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

muffildy wrote:another idea that would use this function is to apply an effect to weapons that would make the weapon decay the resistances of the enemy armor progressively with each hit.
While that is also a nice idea, it does not really pertain to this thread. It would more be adding a new enhancement type to the game, not the method of applying the enhancement. I suggest you open a new thread with this suggestion (or this should be split)
Get your own Galactic Omni Device
Get it now. It's free!!