What do YOU want for 1.09?

Post ideas & suggestions you have pertaining to the game here.
shanejfilomena
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

alainsr wrote:Hi. I'm new around here.
WELCOME to the forums :)

as for your thoughts on game play many of the things you mentioned are slowly being given testing in one form or another.

While they might not exactly use the same words, it gets the job done :)

The game is evolving constantly and with each new stable correlation of Greatness : there will be an updated Official release.

but I am sure you might like to try out the other versions of the game as well : poke around the board and if you ask : someone will answer:)
Flying Irresponsibly In Eridani......

I don't like to kill pirates in cold blood ..I do it.. but I don't like it..
RPC
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Location: Hmm... I'm confused. Anybody have a starmap to the Core?

I wrote:Seconded. Also, It would be nice to have an option of "test driving" the weapon, but I'm sure it's not nethackish enough of a mechanic to make it into Vanilla.
Response to myself here: http://www.neurohack.com/transcendence/ ... =24&t=5090
:P
Tutorial List on the Wiki and Installing Mods
Get on Discord for mod help and general chat
Der Tod ist der zeitlose Frieden und das leben ist der Krieg
Wir müssen wissen — wir werden wissen!
I don't want any sort of copyright on my Transcendence mods. Feel free to take/modify whatever you want.
Atarlost
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Any sort of fix for ticket 820
Literally is the new Figuratively
Abhilash das locrym
Anarchist
Anarchist

if there will be core systems in 2.0 then there will be also aliens in there, to make the game exciting, before leaving the human space i should get a translating device(in 1.09), to talk with the aliens :lol: :roll: :idea:
Solar Geo
Miner
Miner

I want wingman AI that keep them out of your firing line.
Patupi
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

or at least make it so your weapons won't fire (over-ride key for the weapon-safe function?) when your wingman is in the way in vanilla?
Song
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

A more intelligent system for dealing with reactor overloads would be nice. For example, the present system is (I think) either "What's the piece of equipment with the highest power drain" or "what are we using that's overloading it"..then shutting down that piece of equipment.

This leads to things like the Wolfen's shield shutting down in combat in the early game because someone installed a collimator, or got into a heavy battle where they need to move around AND shoot AND fire missiles AND recharge the shield.

While it might take a while to process(and thus be untenable), it might be more helpful to have:

-Check how far over the reactors power limit we are
-Check how much power each piece of equipment is drawing right now.
-If a piece of equipment (eg. The Jotun deflector on a bad setting) is drawing more than the reactors power-limit, shut it down.
Then, if we haven't fixed the problem:
-Prioritise shutdown order somehow to keep stuff running. Shut down passive devices first (high power level first, then lower levels), then most power-draining weapons, then lower draining weapons, then shields.

Alternatively, weapons we're not using can be shut down, but that might end with us having our 500mw super-gun overloading our reactor when we've got a 70mw gun disabled that'd work just fine.

Or something like that anyway (configurable priority would be REALLY nice, but I'm keeping this semi-realistic). It's really annoying having the ship kill the thing you really NEED when running away, rather than the myriad of little things that would do just as well (Eg. For the collimated stock wolfen example, the collimator and launcher, and possibly the main gun. Shields are important in the early game, especially when running from a frigate, for example.)...on a lot of ships, there's other stuff we can try to kill first to see if the power drains can be brought within limits much earlier.
Mischievous local moderator. She/Her pronouns.
Patupi
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

It might also help to check for any 'temporary' drain items first. Weapons, ICX mounts, and to stop using it for a short time first (make a delay settable in the ship menu? 5secs default?). With a warning displayed that would sometimes be enough to let the pilot know he's trying to do too much at one time. Loosing your weapon at a critical time might be bad, but not as bad as loosing shields!
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Shrike wrote:A more intelligent system for dealing with reactor overloads would be nice. For example, the present system is (I think) either "What's the piece of equipment with the highest power drain" or "what are we using that's overloading it"..then shutting down that piece of equipment.

This leads to things like the Wolfen's shield shutting down in combat in the early game because someone installed a collimator, or got into a heavy battle where they need to move around AND shoot AND fire missiles AND recharge the shield.
Give the Wolfen 15MW minimum when starting a new game. 10MW is a joke and not enough to power all of the Wolfen's starting equipment.
Download and Play in 1.9 beta 1...
Drake Technologies (Alpha): More hardware for combat in parts 1 and 2!
Star Castle Arcade: Play a classic arcade game adventure, with or without more features (like powerups)!
Playership Drones: Buy or restore exotic ships to command!

Other playable mods from 1.8 and 1.7, waiting to be updated...
Godmode v3 (WIP): Dev/cheat tool compatible with D&O parts 1 or 2.
Song
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

PM wrote:
Shrike wrote:A more intelligent system for dealing with reactor overloads would be nice. For example, the present system is (I think) either "What's the piece of equipment with the highest power drain" or "what are we using that's overloading it"..then shutting down that piece of equipment.

Give the Wolfen 15MW minimum when starting a new game. 10MW is a joke and not enough to power all of the Wolfen's starting equipment.
running out of power in the first place (which does need fixing, I agree). This is about what happens when you DO use too much energy for your reactor, and could also do with being looked at.
Mischievous local moderator. She/Her pronouns.
andrewpen
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

Missions for the ringers, so that u can earn rin
when life throws you a curve ball catch it and throw it back.
Neuromancer
Miner
Miner

Aside from skipping 1.9 and releasing 2.0 in the next couple of weeks, the update that I really want most is allowing the gameplay area to scale with screen resolution or possibly resolution independence. Simply expanding the viewable area based on selected resolution would probably be the easiest, so higher resolutions than what was common 20 years ago are available. If that poses a problem with too much to render on some systems then it's easy enough for lower powered computers to use the windowed mode.

A resolution independent Transcendence would most likely have to wait until the game moves from a sprite based engine to a 3D renderer.
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Oh, yes! I want Transcendence to fill a big screen. All of that beautiful screen area... wasted!
Download and Play in 1.9 beta 1...
Drake Technologies (Alpha): More hardware for combat in parts 1 and 2!
Star Castle Arcade: Play a classic arcade game adventure, with or without more features (like powerups)!
Playership Drones: Buy or restore exotic ships to command!

Other playable mods from 1.8 and 1.7, waiting to be updated...
Godmode v3 (WIP): Dev/cheat tool compatible with D&O parts 1 or 2.
alterecco
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

It has often been discussed why Transcendence does no have a larger viewport, or why it does not just grow it's viewport to fit the screen. As it stands, the current 1023x768 size is set based on a minimum viable screen. It might be interesting to open up the question as to whether that does not match the current generation of players. As to the question of the viewport being resolution dependent, the argument that it is unbalancing still stands. Perhaps we should suggest an upgrade to 1280x720?
Get your own Galactic Omni Device
Get it now. It's free!!
Atarlost
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

1280x720 from 1023x768 would be a viewport reduction because it needs to be square. This might be a good thing since some netbook users have had problems.
Literally is the new Figuratively