Rogue pilgrim mission difficulty

Post ideas & suggestions you have pertaining to the game here.
Alandra
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

Hi all, the new rogue pilgrim mission that the Sisters give seems a little too difficult. Is this just me or do other people think so too?

I was offered the mission in St. Kat's, where I was attacked by a Sapphire with a rapid stream of homing MAGs. I'm assuming these are Oblivion MAGs, the Penitent version? They chewed through my level 5 shields and amor in seconds. It seems to me that either the rogue should be nerfed (e.g., with a slower firing rate) or the mission should be offered later on.
Curious about real-life aliens? www.antareanjourneys.com
shanejfilomena
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Alandra wrote:
Sat Jan 15, 2022 12:57 am
Hi all, the new rogue pilgrim mission that the Sisters give seems a little too difficult. Is this just me or do other people think so too?

I was offered the mission in St. Kat's, where I was attacked by a Sapphire with a rapid stream of homing MAGs. I'm assuming these are Oblivion MAGs, the Penitent version? They chewed through my level 5 shields and amor in seconds. It seems to me that either the rogue should be nerfed (e.g., with a slower firing rate) or the mission should be offered later on.
Many times a mission (or Idea of the player at "that" stage ) is based on following a path :
by the time you reached STK, it would ( even I would ) assume you had a the Korolov Reward Deflector shield
( whatever it's name is ) and took on the Charon Pirates Fortress.
As well as packing some Plasteel Plate at least ..

While those MAGs are great weapons, the reward Deflector is fast and pretty powerful ( wouldn't want to hit the Arena without it or something stronger ---- but honestly when I compare shields , it's pretty hard to want a different one ) .
Also look into the other gear you can get at that level like the Anti Missile systems.

I can say that unless you fought the Pentinents since the Oblivion MAG came out
( they were tuff critters when they first came out ) -
responding to the weapon coming at you from any source can be handled badly the first round.
But once you get in a fight or three, you should be able to tank them.

However, ForWarned is ForArmed - I hope you next game is better.
Last edited by shanejfilomena on Fri Jan 21, 2022 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Flying Irresponsibly In Eridani......

I don't like to kill pirates in cold blood ..I do it.. but I don't like it..
Ferdinand
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

I found the mission to be easy, The fight was over in seconds. Took a few hits on my Blast plate armor, but had no shields at all on my Manticore. However a barrage of Burak500 missile proved to be very effective to deal with the rogue pilgrim....