Ideas for new items

Post ideas & suggestions you have pertaining to the game here.
Fossaman
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Just thought this place needed one of these.

New item:

Counterfeit Military ID

This item could be purchased at black market stations very occasionally, and spawned randomly in wrecks and stuff. It would show up as an 'unmarked ID chip' in the item screen, or possibly be passed off as a genuine military ID chip in the black market.

Anyway, when you try to use it at an armory or to get a military weapon installed, it would go through a dialogue about the chip being scanned, and you would be either arrested or fined (depending on how much money you have or where you try and use it).
X-ray laser! Pew, pew pew!
> = = = = ۞
SparcMan
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

That's very evil, devious and at least a bit sinister.

I like it :twisted:
Vasdema
Miner
Miner

... or possibly be passed off as a genuine military ID chip in the black market.
:D

I like that a lot.

How about giving the fake a 25% chance or so of being mistakenly accepted by the authorities as well?
May Domina embrace and protect thee, and shelter thee from the Eye of Oracus.
Fossaman
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Only if it has to go through that check every time. :P

Passing off a fake chip as real should give you a dialogue:

"Hmm...this chip seems to be malfunctioning. You should see about getting it replaced. Why don't I take you up to Tech so you can get that done?"

Options for response:

"Thanks, that would be great" Would result in another check to see if it passes, and you getting a real ID chip this time. If you don't pass, you get the arrest and fine.

"No thanks, I'm in a hurry" Would let you visit the armory, etc. but you have to go through the checks again next time.
> = = = = ۞
F50
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Mini Ares Blast cannon.

This weapon fires small explosives at a target in a shuriken/hanzo fashion. An alternative to the Ares ion weapon.
Vasdema
Miner
Miner

In response to Fossaman:

That's all fantastic! I love the idea of taking the added gamble to try and get a real ID.

So when will we see it on Thom's site? :P
May Domina embrace and protect thee, and shelter thee from the Eye of Oracus.
Fossaman
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

I don't know...I'd have to look at a bunch of stuff before I knew if it was feasible for me to try modding that.
> = = = = ۞
F50
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

I think there should be more particle/blast/kinetic weapons. Especially with the many units that use particle damage mid-game, we could use more that the TEV(Dual, omni, regular and alternating) and cannon(same as TEV variants).

Name: A nameless Kinetic weapon
Damage type: Kinetic
Desc: This weapon fires large projectiles. An ammo-based basebuster.
lvl: 6 or 7
WMD: 5-7
Ammo weight: No idea, somewhat heavy. If required the weapon could add extra matter to the shell, thus increasing the shell's mass.
Damage: No Idea, should take at least two hits to a sandstorm craft.
Range: 70+

Name: A nameless particle weapon
Damage Type: particle
Desc: An advanced Morning Star Cannon. The center will stay reasonable concentrated to about laser range
lvl: 6-7
WMD: 2
Damage: I have no idea.
Range: see desc.

Name: Blast cannon
Damage Type: blast
Desc: fires a projectile that explodes on impact.
lvl:4-6
WMD: 2-4
Damage: I have no idea.
palmiche
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

I'd like to have something like this:

Name: Wreck Destroyer Kit ROM.
Type: ROM
Level: ???
Frequency: Uncommon
Desc: This ROM is mainly used by the Salvager Nomads to obliterate wrecks after the retreival of the valuable items by allowing to reprogram the computer of a ship wreck to self-destroy. Once used (installed) the ship's computer can reprogram the backup computer systems of wrecked ships to self destroy without causing damage to the surroundings.
Usage: Instead of "Undock" use "Obliterate" in teh dock screen.
Note: This option is available ONLY when docked at ship wrecks.

I'd like to mod it myself but a don't know how to do it. If somebody could please tell me how, I'd be grateful :D
Yugi
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

I love the wreck ROM idea! Maybe you could make it so that the self-destruct does harm ships and stations around them, so you could use an area where there are loads of wrecks as a minefield.
palmiche
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Yugimotomanager wrote:I love the wreck ROM idea! Maybe you could make it so that the self-destruct does harm ships and stations around them, so you could use an area where there are loads of wrecks as a minefield.
Can you mod it??? Please!!!! :D
Yugi
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Me? I'll try, but it probably won't b very successful :)
palmiche
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Yugimotomanager wrote:Me? I'll try, but it probably won't b very successful :)
Success if just a point of view, and from my point of view I'm pretty sure you'll be succesful, or I'll have to go to george to get it done (don't think it's gonna be necessary) :D :D :D
Czert
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Fossaman wrote: "No thanks, I'm in a hurry" Would let you visit the armory, etc. but you have to go through the checks again next time.
I thing, if you say Im hurry.. you are not allowed to trade - in case of is this allowed, you may always chose this option without risk.

And to meke it more interesing - two versions of counterfeit mil. ID (same level, description etc.) and different quality - one poorly made (high chance of geting fined or arested (50%) 0% of replacing with origiaal ID , 5% chance of station discover of fake while docking (same effect as witout mil. ID - seizing military items) and fine made counterfeit ID - low chance of geting fined (15%) 3-5% of replacing with original and 1% while docking.
My English, may be poor, but better than yours Czechs.

Do you chalenge me ? But be nice :-)) http://czert1938.mybrute.com
F50
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Czert, you should be able to trade because the risk is getting caught NEXT time around