Mod wants

Post ideas & suggestions you have pertaining to the game here.
Fossaman
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

What you want is a station, Dvlenk6. If you look at my nav-cache and nav-marker mods (On the mod site, I think), you'll see that it's possible to alter the auton code so it creates stations instead of ships.
X-ray laser! Pew, pew pew!
> = = = = ۞
Revolver
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

george moromisato wrote:Or perhaps you can get a device to jam transmissions so the stations can't call for reinforcements.
I like that idea, would this be a item like a radar jammer (where it would need to be installed), or a program for the quantum CPU?
"Tailwind"

This game is so potent its crazy, very nice overall

After playing for a while some items came to mind

The impact flash( or flicker) is little daunting at times, is there a way to remove or change it?
> Maybe put a hit marker on the armor display
> Can the HUD Display be modified?

In the sake of streamlining display, can certain dock screens come up as sidebars? (i.e. fuel stops, looting, help menu, etc. )

After modding a ship, sometimes its tough dealing with installing/removing items. What is a good to code a free slot into ship for modularity

Can the drive exhaust animation support more than one frame ( two if counting when it does not show ) so more detailed thrust can be displayed?

Does the current coding allow for delay fire and MIRV style missiles?

What's the coding for the missile vapor and how is it placed?
> Can it change colors?

Can multiple mods be supported? ( an option menu at start may help with this )

What is "areaset" in the armor and the definition its numbers

Thinking of an auton that is defensive: It has the options of piloting itself in front of enemy or staying in specific formation with the main ship; doing both from a set distance from main ship ( to give space for firing weapons )

Do cannons, namely from large craft, have the ability to fire on 2 targets at same time? ( Instead of both arcing to fire at one ship )
> If not, can a targeting rom help?
> if not, can a special targeting rom ( upgrading maybe ) be supported?

How do the Rowena Volumes work?

And now for an idea:

There can be so much wreckage at times, ship scrapyards may work with ships that can pull and push to boot. Also, running out of fuel should not have to make you lose your ship, limited towing services may be an answer. For bigger ships, flyable escape ships may incite something.

Thanx for the time and effort put into this little project. May this be of some service.

Can multiple mods be supported? ( an option menu at start may help with this )
I think you mean: can present mods be disabled w/o revoving them via the filesystem. Otherwise the answer is yes, as long as they have differing ids.
Betelgeuse
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

conditional topologies

like say you have two stargates out of the starting system each one goes on for a while then one dead ends and one goes to heritic. I want one of the paths (50% chance of being on a specific path) to have St. K on it but not both of them.

simple topology

I would like to say have 2-5 random systems here (and give the set of systems it would choose from. It would also make sure not to duplicate itself) This would save alot of time making new topologies. Plus it would make it harder to memorize system names in order like you can now.
Crying is not a proper retort!
evilbob
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

what if each stargate went to an esylum type system?
not much of a suggestion, but it could drum up some other ideas.
Betelgeuse
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

that does give me an idea. Can stargates gate to non stargates.
Revolver
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

do you mean like a stargate that dumps you in in another system without a way of getting back?
Betelgeuse
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

well not directly it would be up to the mod maker to deside how to solve that.
the_holy_thom
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

Id like an OnFire command. You could make a weapon that disables your ship for a bit, but wipes out everything near by. Im sure there would be other applications too.
Need a mod? Transcendence Mods
Betelgeuse
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

new event
an event that activates when an item is damaged when in your hold.
This would allow for some interesting devices.