[RC5] lost miltary ID problem and thoughts

Post ideas & suggestions you have pertaining to the game here.
namer4
Miner
Miner

I lost my military ID due to a jumpdrive failure and found that I couldn't just get a new one by completing another commonwealth militia mission. I assumed that it'd just reset my military status, but instead I was given the next mission in the sequence and stayed IDless.

In my opinion it'd be a nice touch if there were some flavor associated with lost IDs, where, for instance., fortresses replace the military ID for a fee, and CSCs for free but with an associated demotion.

On a related note, selling military IDs on the black market could be a nice avenue for profit-plus-risk: they command a great price, but each one sold carries a (rapidly increasing) risk that it'll be confiscated and traced to the player, who is in turn fined/imprisoned.
george moromisato
Developer
Developer

namer4 wrote:I lost my military ID due to a jumpdrive failure and found that I couldn't just get a new one by completing another commonwealth militia mission. I assumed that it'd just reset my military status, but instead I was given the next mission in the sequence and stayed IDless.

In my opinion it'd be a nice touch if there were some flavor associated with lost IDs, where, for instance., fortresses replace the military ID for a fee, and CSCs for free but with an associated demotion.

On a related note, selling military IDs on the black market could be a nice avenue for profit-plus-risk: they command a great price, but each one sold carries a (rapidly increasing) risk that it'll be confiscated and traced to the player, who is in turn fined/imprisoned.
I really like these ideas.

One further point that's not obvious in the game: when your jumpdrive fails, your cargo does not disappear, it just gets scattered around your destination. You might still be able to find it.