Tinker build suggestion.

Post ideas & suggestions you have pertaining to the game here.
SparcMan
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

I have just one at the moment, but maybe there are others that some people have. I'd like to see the ability to take the standard Helium fuel rods converted into a Reactor Assembly (maybe like 8 rods = 1 assembly).
schilcote
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

I thought they could already do this... not sure...

I DO remember there was one advanced fuel station mod that definitely allowed you to do this (among other things).
[schilcote] It doesn't have to be good, it just has to not be "wow is that the only thing you could think of" bad
Song
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

I'd kinda like to see an ice-shield. Using water-ice to protect the armor/hull from impacts...and VERY highly resistant to Kinetic/Blast...but burned off by lasers very easily. And using water ice (highly common, and low cost) to regen.....as there is no standard Regen. Tinkers could almost certainly manage making that as well.

More tinker-made items would be nice.....I did make a full list, and there's a LOT of potential for tinkers.
Mischievous local moderator. She/Her pronouns.
Spectrum
Anarchist
Anarchist

I'd love to see the list of things that the Tinkers can do expanded as I don't think they've been updated in a long time.

One simple example is repairing a damaged weapon or device when given more than one of them. The higher the level, the more you would need. Surely that would be enough spare parts to build a working one.

Even better would be to be able to break weapons down into components then create your own chimera weapon using those components. These could include optics, laser crystals, mass collectors (from kinetic weapons/howitzers), heat sinks, turret systems from omni weapons etc. Obviously there would have to be limits imposed to keep things balanced.
Prophet
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

The tinker master mod here vastly expanded the tinker faction into the mid-late game and added ~250 recipes for items, they can repair items and install items.
I have just one at the moment, but maybe there are others that some people have. I'd like to see the ability to take the standard Helium fuel rods converted into a Reactor Assembly (maybe like 8 rods = 1 assembly)
This is covered in the mod at a 5:1 ratio for each fuel type up to the next level fuel type. (helium rod -> assembly -> Pteracnium -> Xenotite -> Hadron vacuum)
Even better would be to be able to break weapons down into components then create your own chimera weapon using those components. These could include optics, laser crystals, mass collectors (from kinetic weapons/howitzers), heat sinks, turret systems from omni weapons etc. Obviously there would have to be limits imposed to keep things balanced
I agree this would be cool, but is a giagantic mod in itself.
I'd kinda like to see an ice-shield. Using water-ice to protect the armor/hull from impacts...and VERY highly resistant to Kinetic/Blast...but burned off by lasers very easily. And using water ice (highly common, and low cost) to regen.....as there is no standard Regen. Tinkers could almost certainly manage making that as well
This is a very cool idea and could be easily accomplished with and overlay.
Coming soon: The Syrtian War adventure mod!
A Turret defense genre mod exploring the worst era in Earth's history.
Can you defend the Earth from the Syrtian invaders?
Stay tuned for updates!
hookoa
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Making a xenotite or pteracnium or hadron rod from helium rods doesn't make sense, though. It says in the description that the bigger reactors need a denser fuel than helium, so that shouldn't work.

It'd be like converting a helium rod to a uranium rod. You'd have to visit an Alchemy station.
Psycholis
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

sense making aside, this is the same station that takes barrels of radioactive waste and converts it into a viable weapon.
Corporal Jomn
Miner
Miner

They probably have the weapon itself, they just convert the waste into ammo.
-If you can't say anything nice about someone, don't blow your nose into your hand.
Song
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Prophet wrote:
I'd kinda like to see an ice-shield. Using water-ice to protect the armor/hull from impacts...and VERY highly resistant to Kinetic/Blast...but burned off by lasers very easily. And using water ice (highly common, and low cost) to regen.....as there is no standard Regen. Tinkers could almost certainly manage making that as well
This is a very cool idea and could be easily accomplished with and overlay.
If anyone wants to do it, then they can....I have NO modding ability at all....so I'd love to see someone take my idea and turn it into an actual mod. :)

I'd love to see a lot more in the vanilla game. We have had a LOT of new stuff.....and some of it is probably stuff the tinkers could do. Maybe also have Uranium Rod--> Depleted Uranium Armor....

I'd also really, REALLY love.....more miscellaneous devices the Tinkers can make. Currently, they can do Patch Spiders....I think, given their expertise, they could probably make more.....

Also the ability to install damaged armor......with a % chance to fail, with possible destruction of the armor segment, dependent on the extent to which the aforementioned armor segment is damaged.
Brzelius
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

Hm, according to this list, Tinkers can't make patch spiders, but patcher arms. Is the list still correct for the recent versions?
Song
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Brzelius wrote:Hm, according to this list, Tinkers can't make patch spiders, but patcher arms. Is the list still correct for the recent versions?
I believe so. I just got the two mixed up..again.

I'll check the XML for any updates.....and add them to the old list.

EDIT: Yup. Still all the same.
Prophet
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

If anyone has some suggestions for tinker recipes I will add them to the tinker master mod. It was made in 0.99c so none of the new enhancers are in there.
Try to post suggestions in the format:

Code: Select all

input   |   amount   |   output
=========================
item1   |    number  |   item2

Shrike:
I'll try making a functional ice shield and pm it to you so you can tweak it and release it as yours.
Coming soon: The Syrtian War adventure mod!
A Turret defense genre mod exploring the worst era in Earth's history.
Can you defend the Earth from the Syrtian invaders?
Stay tuned for updates!
Song
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Prophet wrote:

Shrike:
I'll try making a functional ice shield and pm it to you so you can tweak it and release it as yours.
Woo. Thanks! :D

I'll have a look at the tinkers as well....as there's so much potential there...