scuttling wrecks should be included

Post ideas & suggestions you have pertaining to the game here.
CFG
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Ive seen this feature in several mods up to now, but currently playing some vanilla games.

If you encounter massive fields of wrecks, like this one
http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/5585/needscuttle.png

It gets difficult to loot them without targetting ability and in that state its almost impossible to dock with the station in the picture.
KenquinnTheInsaneOne
Anarchist
Anarchist

I agree it would be a useful feature for the stock game.
I'm a wee bit insane
Star Weaver
Militia Commander
Militia Commander
Location: . . . between the stars and the warm black sky . . .

Especially given that NPC sihps know how to do it already, especially IAVs.
SiaFu
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

If you really persist on 'pure vanilla', you can equip any weapon with the WMD (aka 'station damage') attribute and blast the wrecks. I know that in 1.03 wrecks even show their structural status (as damage %) before they blow.
Howitzers, for example, are a good choice for a secondary weapon (base busting, sniping, one-shots).

P.S. I rarely play without the scuttle option modded in. I've already got a tic pressing 'S' immediately after looting, even stations ;-) If only we had a 'Loot All' option as well...
Mods here & there.Banners thanks to: digdug .
schilcote
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

SiaFu wrote:If you really persist on 'pure vanilla', you can equip any weapon with the WMD (aka 'station damage') attribute and blast the wrecks. I know that in 1.03 wrecks even show their structural status (as damage %) before they blow.
Howitzers, for example, are a good choice for a secondary weapon (base busting, sniping, one-shots).

P.S. I rarely play without the scuttle option modded in. I've already got a tic pressing 'S' immediately after looting, even stations ;-) If only we had a 'Loot All' option as well...
I find that Janitor Auton to be quite a useful little gizmo. That auton that loots wrecks for you. For some reason it always comes up with way more loot than I usually find looting them myself too...
[schilcote] It doesn't have to be good, it just has to not be "wow is that the only thing you could think of" bad
sdw195
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

SiaFu wrote:If you really persist on 'pure vanilla', you can equip any weapon with the WMD (aka 'station damage') attribute and blast the wrecks. I know that in 1.03 wrecks even show their structural status (as damage %) before they blow.

there is actually a loot all already built in to the tdb
line 4898

Code: Select all

(setq intLootAllItems (lambda (theSource theDest criteria)
(block (lootedItems)
(setq lootedItems (objGetItems theSource criteria))
(enum lootedItems theItem
(block (itemMass fitCount)
(setq itemMass (itmGetMass theItem))
(setq fitCount (divide (objGetCargoSpaceLeft theDest) itemMass))
(if (gr fitCount (itmGetCount theItem))
(setq fitCount (itmGetCount theItem))
)
(if (gr fitCount 0)
(block Nil
(objRemoveItem theSource theItem fitCount)
(objAddItem theDest theItem fitCount)
)
)
)
)
)
))
"Dash_Merc - George is a genius, in that he created this game engine that is infinitely extendable"
"<@sheepluva>Good night everybody, may the source be with you." <-- FOSG dev
"You only need THREE tools in life - WD-40 to make things go, Duct Tape to make things stop And C-4 to make things go away"
CFG
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Well in that special case it was pretty early in the game - no targetting ability even and no money to get any 'wreck busting' weapon....

For me the point in playing absolutely vanilla games is to see whats missing, what doesnt work and what could be better - before throwing in any mods for eye candy, convenience or whatever ;)
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

I like to see scuttling included in standard Transcendence. If NPCs can do it, why can't you? Even if I have a weapon capable of clearing wrecks, that is never an option if a wreck rests too close to (or inside) a friendly station. Try to shoot such a wreck and the player will likely hit the station or a docked ship, then get blacklisted and fired upon.
Ttech
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

PM wrote:I like to see scuttling included in standard Transcendence. If NPCs can do it, why can't you? Even if I have a weapon capable of clearing wrecks, that is never an option if a wreck rests too close to (or inside) a friendly station. Try to shoot such a wreck and the player will likely hit the station or a docked ship, then get blacklisted and fired upon.
Well not necessarily for all ships, e.g. the cargo ship should have the ability but the wolfen? Maybe.
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

If I see a NPC Saph or Wolfen cruise up to an undesired wreck and dispose of it nonchalantly, I want to do it the same way!
ThePrivateer
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Scuttling wrecks should be more of an item than anything....for instance planting a whole lot of explosives on a dead craft and then remotely detonating it via your communications....that would be cool.
Ttech
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

ThePrivateer wrote:Scuttling wrecks should be more of an item than anything....for instance planting a whole lot of explosives on a dead craft and then remotely detonating it via your communications....that would be cool.
Bobby Chargebots.