Engineering Degree

Post ideas & suggestions you have pertaining to the game here.
Resident-Pyromaniac
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Originally brought up on the IRC, I had the Idea of paying money to St. K's Engineering to learn to install Items on the go.

Code: Select all

Tuition     -      Tech lv.

5,000       -        IV

10,000     -        VII

50,000     -        IX

Something like that.
If Transcendence was made in 3D, I would die of Happiness.

If you are reading this, then I have planted a deadly virus into your CPU. (not really, but you can never be too careful.)
Lokasenna
Miner
Miner

Great idea.

Perhaps it would also allow you use certain raw materials, similar to Tinker work, to create things like shield ROMs or apply things like the engine enhancement you can sometimes get at the university.
shanejfilomena
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

you mean you want the Install feature in a box, as opposed to in the "GodMod" : simple :pull the code out of the GodMod and put it in a mod pack in a box.....poof, you got an install to go purchased or obtained as a reward from the St.K University section ( they are always talking about studying reactors : but I usually have one higher then they can enhance. so to have the block switch to to the box of on shjip install technology would be another sweet treat for a new player )
Flying Irresponsibly In Eridani......

I don't like to kill pirates in cold blood ..I do it.. but I don't like it..
RPC
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Location: Hmm... I'm confused. Anybody have a starmap to the Core?

Maybe for Techs VIII-X could be learned in a Ringer Conclave instead? I would like to learn just what library link is...
Maybe you actually have a test in Trans to "pass" the class. (People would still cheat on the test though.)
An Example:
The Ringer examiner looks at you straight in the eye. He asks you:
"Using the materials on the desk, create a Katana Starcannon."
You look at the desk. The materials are not Bushido at all. How are you supposed to make a Starcannon? These Ringers must expect you to be geniuses.
The materials are:
1. A stack of Superconducting Coils
2. A Barrel of Radioactive waste
3. A broken Lancer cannon
You:
1.Open the barrel of radioactive waste.
2.Place the stack of Superconducting coils in front of the Lancer and turn the Lancer on.
3.Attach the Superconducting Coils to replace the Lancer Cannon's energy conduits.
You choose to attach the Superconducting Coils to replace the Lancer Cannon's energy conduits.
The Lancer powers up and then....

Code: Select all

Domina Pilgrim
Fate: Failed a Ringer examination.
Tutorial List on the Wiki and Installing Mods
Get on Discord for mod help and general chat
Der Tod ist der zeitlose Frieden und das leben ist der Krieg
Wir müssen wissen — wir werden wissen!
I don't want any sort of copyright on my Transcendence mods. Feel free to take/modify whatever you want.