Something is Missing!!!

Post ideas & suggestions you have pertaining to the game here.
Resident-Pyromaniac
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

I have been playing T for a forever now, and I realize that certain entities don't seem to exist, even thought they are mentioned all the time, it would seem. List:

Code: Select all

1-Rowena: 
    apparently a scientist with access to ancient tech. who is she?

2-Hiro:
     sorta like Rowena. who is He?

3-Pacifica shipyards:
     where are they?

4-Nanofacture towers:
     from the Diamond Lattice desc:"the Nanofacture towers of the assembler corporation
can produce a pure diamond lattice in any configuration." who are the assembler corp? where are the Nanofacture towers?

5-CSC Australia:
    where did it go?

In my mind these entities should be added to the game. sidequests for Rowena and Hiro, probly sidequests for the CSC Australia.
If Transcendence was made in 3D, I would die of Happiness.

If you are reading this, then I have planted a deadly virus into your CPU. (not really, but you can never be too careful.)
Drako Slyith
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer
Location: Researching how to make St. Kats star go supernova.

1- I always assumed she was a pilgrim that made it to the core.
2- I just thought he was an inventor who tweaked a shield boost ROM to make it stronger.
3- The Commonwealth fleets during the syrtian war were created in Alpha Centauri. I see no reason for them to move the shipyards.
4- the fact that Alpha Centauri and Earth are missing shows that not all systems are represented in the game. I think the vanilla is the base core of the QZ but there are other systems that you can't reach.
5- It was destroyed by the Ares.
Play in over 100 systems in a network. Play the 2011 Mod Of the Year
and the highest rated mod on Xelerus, The Network.
Play the July Mod of the Month, Fellow Pilgrims!
Play My other mods as well
(Drako Slyith)* I am a person
(Eliza chatbot)> Do you believe it is normal to be a person?
Resident-Pyromaniac
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Dang it Drako, now you've busted my bubble. Poo. :|
If Transcendence was made in 3D, I would die of Happiness.

If you are reading this, then I have planted a deadly virus into your CPU. (not really, but you can never be too careful.)
Ttech
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

I'm not sure what Pacifica is, I've never seen them referenced but the others exist. :D Probably will play some part in later game stuff, or show up soon(ish)?
george moromisato
Developer
Developer

There are, I hope, many "missing" things in the game. Some will be added eventually; others I hope will be added by modders; some will remain mysteries.

Here is my top list of missing things that I hope to add someday:

1. Sol: It would be great to visit the original solar system and see Earth.
2. Centauri: The second star system to be colonized (after Sol) is one of the most important systems in Human Space, after Sol and St. Katharine's Star.
3. Sirius: This system is home to the Concatenated Digital Metropolis (mentioned in the CDM archives). Perhaps a connection to Luminous?
4. Black Market: The player meets Lord Mikho in the game. Are there other Black Market lords? What are their goals? What the backstory for Aubrey (the dark-haired woman)?
5. Kate's father: She refers to him in Heretic. Who is he? Why is he interested in the Iocrym, etc? What are his goals?
6. Hiro: Hiro also makes my list (the name reference is, perhaps, too obvious). What is his backstory? Why is he such a good hacker? What other things has he done?
7. Elysium: What's it for? Who built it?
8. Sanctuary: The Cathedral of Domina should be in this system (as mentioned in the story).
9. Dwarg: What is their backstory? What are their goals?
10. Luminous: What is it? Where is it?

NOTE1: I exclude the Ranx expansion because that is in progress. If it were not, I would have listed it among the top 10 'cause I like the Ranx.
NOTE2: Just because I listed something above doesn't mean that I'm working on it. It could be years before any of the above show up "officially" so feel free to create a mod with your own speculations.
NOTE3: Just because I asked a question above doesn't mean that I know the answer. Maybe if you create a mod with an interesting answer I might use it later (with permission, of course).
NOTE4: There are plenty of other lesser unknowns and mysteries, and I hope to introduce more over time.
Ttech
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

I've been wanting to tinker with the Sol (ext / mod) but I'm not the most amazing modder out here, but the community is good so I know I wouldn't be out of luck.

But a lot of that stuff would be pretty sweet to do, and perhaps are those possible official extensions? :)
RPC
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Location: Hmm... I'm confused. Anybody have a starmap to the Core?

George wrote: others I hope will be added by modders;
Yay!
Hopefully this is a means to introduce things into cannon :D
Tutorial List on the Wiki and Installing Mods
Get on Discord for mod help and general chat
Der Tod ist der zeitlose Frieden und das leben ist der Krieg
Wir müssen wissen — wir werden wissen!
I don't want any sort of copyright on my Transcendence mods. Feel free to take/modify whatever you want.
Lmoy
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

I thought Elysium was some sort of military base, with rapid access to any part of the QZ, and limited access to Elysium itself (to prevent counterstrikes and such).
Whoever built the Iocrym (the Iocrym are just AIs right?) would have built Elysium (and Tan-Ru-Dorem, which apparently has a massive docking bay. This would be suitable for the enormous Iocrym ships) for the Iocrym to use as a base in the event that they needed to exterminate humanity.
They would be able to immediately deploy to almost the entire QZ, ensuring limited military resistance.
Ttech
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Lmoy wrote:I thought Elysium was some sort of military base, with rapid access to any part of the QZ, and limited access to Elysium itself (to prevent counterstrikes and such).
Whoever built the Iocrym (the Iocrym are just AIs right?) would have built Elysium (and Tan-Ru-Dorem, which apparently has a massive docking bay. This would be suitable for the enormous Iocrym ships) for the Iocrym to use as a base in the event that they needed to exterminate humanity.
They would be able to immediately deploy to almost the entire QZ, ensuring limited military resistance.

Interesting Theory... Iocrym are not AI they are actual beings and Elysium is more ancient then that I suspect - more like the Ancient races did that.
shanejfilomena
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Ttech wrote:I'm not sure what Pacifica is, I've never seen them referenced but the others exist. :D Probably will play some part in later game stuff, or show up soon(ish)?
Posts I took as missions :
2380 has Pacifica in it: and a few others including Corporate, Earth industries, pirates, outlaws...
PRISONS: both "Max" and low security
Prisoners!!!......get them, bail them out, turn them into the jails.......
And I have to test it still but Virkmar Insurance is Supposed to rescue if you die fighting to save the Temple :
it WILL NOT help you with the mission or change the fact that death = failure..but the player gets the credits worth for insurance .
and it WILL NOT work without another "feature" of the ZGreat Developer's code ( George ):
I used this "feature" before, it is a powerful tool and awesome weapon against bored players.

Missions : don't you hate flying around, accidentally docking with NavBeacons, or turrets etc?
Makes you wonder about them......why DO they have docking ports?.....I found one and asked ...
( i still have to work out a few details, text kills me because this keyboard came with free mispellings )
Flying Irresponsibly In Eridani......

I don't like to kill pirates in cold blood ..I do it.. but I don't like it..
onyhow
Miner
Miner

Something about Elysium: the main way to access it before the jumpdrive is by Gem of Despair, which is used by the Halo Races for meditation...the thing is, Halo Races are mentioned in Rowena's ROM at volume 4, behind the Ancient Races who are at volume 3...so I doubt that Iocrym created it at least...the architectural style's too different...

And I think George did mention about Rowena being design artifact after I've asked him about that...seems like originally George didn't think that human space would be separated from alien races, so the ROM has mention of other races because humans can access their stuff, I think...

Also about Hiro: don't make his last name Protagonist...hehe...
Drako Slyith
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer
Location: Researching how to make St. Kats star go supernova.

the architectural style's too different...
Speaking of the Architecture of Tan-Ru-Dorem, has anyone noticed that it is the same build style as the stargates in Elysium and Huaramarca?
Play in over 100 systems in a network. Play the 2011 Mod Of the Year
and the highest rated mod on Xelerus, The Network.
Play the July Mod of the Month, Fellow Pilgrims!
Play My other mods as well
(Drako Slyith)* I am a person
(Eliza chatbot)> Do you believe it is normal to be a person?
shanejfilomena
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Drako Slyith wrote:
the architectural style's too different...
Speaking of the Architecture of Tan-Ru-Dorem, has anyone noticed that it is the same build style as the stargates in Elysium and Huaramarca?
it IS VERY Huari- esk (?) ....so possibly a "Stargate SG1" story line ( sort of ) of using Human slaves to build things?
Flying Irresponsibly In Eridani......

I don't like to kill pirates in cold blood ..I do it.. but I don't like it..