George: question

Post ideas & suggestions you have pertaining to the game here.
Nikitos
Anarchist
Anarchist

Hello George,

Is it possible to make weapon fire go thru specified objects like friend ships (unless you target it) or planets?
It would be nice to see such things in mods.
shanejfilomena
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

The use of weapons in Transcendence is based on the real physics of the real universe ( bullets travel at speed and specified distance depending on resistance : so do the weapons in the game , they have speed and lifetime.)

To use a weapon in the vicinity of objects or other entities involves Responsible use and handling of that weapon :
you are responsible for what is between you and the target, you are responsible for what is beyond your target in the event of a passthrough or stray shot.

there is a friendly fir avoidance system in the mods for download : I do not think it will resolve your station shooting, but it might help.
Flying Irresponsibly In Eridani......

I don't like to kill pirates in cold blood ..I do it.. but I don't like it..
Nikitos
Anarchist
Anarchist

shanejfilomena wrote:The use of weapons in Transcendence is based on the real physics of the real universe ( bullets travel at speed and specified distance depending on resistance : so do the weapons in the game , they have speed and lifetime.)
I know for sure that in real space there are no resistance and bullet will travel infinite distance without losing speed untill it hit an object. Weapons in game does not based on real physics. But it's fine. I don't want to mod it. I want mod targeting.
shanejfilomena wrote: To use a weapon in the vicinity of objects or other entities involves Responsible use and handling of that weapon :[
you are responsible for what is between you and the target, you are responsible for what is beyond your target in the event of a passthrough or stray shot.
Thank you, Cap ;)
shanejfilomena wrote: there is a friendly fir avoidance system in the mods for download : I do not think it will resolve your station shooting, but it might help.

This mod blocks damage to bots done by you. It is not what i'm ask for.
Drako Slyith
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer
Location: Researching how to make St. Kats star go supernova.

In ships there is a data field called NoFriendlyFire. If you set it to NoFriendlyFire="True" then any shots fired by the ship won't hit anything of the same sovereign. It can still hit other things, but it is something.
Play in over 100 systems in a network. Play the 2011 Mod Of the Year
and the highest rated mod on Xelerus, The Network.
Play the July Mod of the Month, Fellow Pilgrims!
Play My other mods as well
(Drako Slyith)* I am a person
(Eliza chatbot)> Do you believe it is normal to be a person?
FAD
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Nikitos wrote: I know for sure that in real space there are no resistance and bullet will travel infinite distance without losing speed untill it hit an object.

Actially, yes there are resistances in outer space. Every mass object that creates a gravitational pull (such as our sun), will have a resistance...that's what a GP is. Certain nebulas are theorized as having a resistance. Hense a decrease in speed upon entering them.
Nikitos wrote:This mod blocks damage to bots done by you. It is not what i'm ask for.
You may want to clarify what you're asking for in order to get the answer(s) you seek. There is a weapon in the game that can pass through objects. Rama uses it. But again, not sure if that's what you want.
Bobby
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

I think what Nikitos is asking for is a weapon that flies straight through anything you don't want it to hit, friendly stations, planets, asteroids, autons, etc, and then hit what you shot at, as if it was guiding itself around anything that's not the target on the vertical plane.

I think something similar could be done using an area or radius weapon with code in the hit event to prevent damage to certain objects. Unfortunately it would not stop when it hit its target.
ImageImage
Thanks to digdug for the banners.
shanejfilomena
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Bobby wrote:I think what Nikitos is asking for is a weapon that flies straight through anything you don't want it to hit, friendly stations, planets, asteroids, autons, etc, and then hit what you shot at, as if it was guiding itself around anything that's not the target on the vertical plane.

I think something similar could be done using an area or radius weapon with code in the hit event to prevent damage to certain objects. Unfortunately it would not stop when it hit its target.

ohhhhhh I get it : he wants that hot girl that shoots bullets around stuff !!!!!: why did they not say so?

a homing missle / weapon with a no friendly fire built in......I think they exist in a weapon mod?
( I do not use weapon mods, I DO build weapons for my .xml ( they are probably the only part players like, but it's a tough crowd ) )

While I totally respect a players interest and understand that we do not always communicate effectively : i think we get the idea now.
IF a homing projectile or resembling weapon is available the others would know: my weapons are not designed that way.
Flying Irresponsibly In Eridani......

I don't like to kill pirates in cold blood ..I do it.. but I don't like it..